PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Raphael = HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=28369)

PdaOd 06-10-2008 12:26 PM

Re: Raphael = HTC Touch Pro

I wonder why they didn't add the tilting screen. Did the Tilt have mechanical problems?

munkeeboy 06-10-2008 12:43 PM

is this phone smartphone or a multimedia phone. to me it look like a multimedia phone

marchande 06-10-2008 12:54 PM

theres a diference??? it does both.. its runing windows mobil 6.1 as aposed to some of the "multimedia" phones out there runing a proprietary os.

TrueArsenic 06-10-2008 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saumaun (Post 304443)
SPRINT: DON'T YOU FREEKING DARE CHANGE THE SHAPE OR COLORS............ ITS GORRRGGEEOUUSS!

haha, knowing Sprint, they will probably make it the same gray color as the mogul, or something super fruity like purple.. leave it to Sprint to eff up something that could have been amazing.

TurboFool 06-10-2008 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PdaOd (Post 310411)
I wonder why they didn't add the tilting screen. Did the Tilt have mechanical problems?

The tilting screen always seemed like a gimmick to me. It just adds unneeded complexity, more hinges and breakable parts, and more thickness to the device. It's just not elegant enough for the image they're going for here.

Quote:

Originally Posted by munkeeboy (Post 310422)
is this phone smartphone or a multimedia phone. to me it look like a multimedia phone

Those definitions exist only in your head. What's the difference? The phone contains all of the abilities of just about the highest-end Windows Mobile Professional (the step above smartphone, as it supports touchscreens and other functions), as well as great photo, music, and video capabilities. It doesn't need to be shoehorned into a category, and doing so won't benefit anyone.

Existentialism 06-11-2008 12:42 PM

Actually, Im very dissapointed there's no tilt. That's a very useful feature as it allows you to set the device down to watch video or type.

Draiko 06-11-2008 01:34 PM

Dude... don't forget that the Touch Pro has TV out, a 3.2 Megapixel autofocusing camera WITH flash, AND a second cam for video calling!! You guys really need to read the manual for the Touch Diamond to see what these new HTC phones are going to have!

avalon53 06-11-2008 01:37 PM

im actually glad the Moguls did not have a 'tilt' feature...It seems ridiculous to me. I agree with Turbofool...the 'tilt' feature just adds more stuff that the phone doesnt need basically...

Draiko 06-11-2008 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by avalon53 (Post 311583)
im actually glad the Moguls did not have a 'tilt' feature...It seems ridiculous to me. I agree with Turbofool...the 'tilt' feature just adds more stuff that the phone doesnt need basically...

And more stuff that could break!

furiousgtz 06-11-2008 02:33 PM

I want this phone! So I can retire my Mogul and its not expensive 199-299?