PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Netripper overclock working on touch pro 1 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=133260)

yay 09-14-2010 08:18 PM

Re: Netripper overclock working on touch pro 1

Wow thanks so much frizzlefry and tank. You guys made this so easy to overclock. I bumped into the xda thread and to be honest was scared away from trying to overclock my raph800. There were pages and pages with tons of posts that I did not want to shuffle through. Some how I ran into this thread and blammm!! ten minutes later my raph is overclocked with no hacking, or enabling gps. just installed some cabs and that was it!!! Too easy.

For everyone that wants to overclock their raph800, just follow the steps above and don't be afraid. It is well worth the the effort.

tieman123 09-15-2010 12:14 PM

Yes, excellent post and easy to follow. Running at 710Mhz.. loving it!

nydriek 09-15-2010 03:08 PM

May just be my phone but my battery life went down the shitter and would randomly freeze. It would probably work if I lowered the clock setting but I'd rather have the battery life. Thanks though!

botnryan 09-15-2010 03:35 PM

sped sense up alot. i just flashed the newest energy 21xxx rom with CHT and dinik icons and before overclocking, the cht was sooooooooo sluggish, like sliding up to my shortcuts was almost glitchy slow. after overclocking its ALOT smoother and the slider moves alot more fluently. works great!

yay 09-15-2010 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nydriek (Post 1945580)
May just be my phone but my battery life went down the shitter and would randomly freeze. It would probably work if I lowered the clock setting but I'd rather have the battery life. Thanks though!

How long is your battery life with the overclock and what rom are you running? I'm just curious because I am running the latest NRG rom and it seems as though the battery lasts about the same as before the overclock. Heck, I know that it last a whole lot longer than running android on my phone. With android running I get about 2-3 hours of battery life, now that is sh**ty battery life.:grin:

jrebo 09-16-2010 10:05 AM

The original thread states, "2) Only works while connected to AC power (depending on device)". But for our device it works on battery too. I wanted to point this out for for others thinking of installing.

Great work finding and tweaking for us frizzlefry.

frizzlefry 09-16-2010 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jrebo (Post 1946286)
The original thread states, "2) Only works while connected to AC power (depending on device)". But for our device it works on battery too. I wanted to point this out for for others thinking of installing.

Great work finding and tweaking for us frizzlefry.

Thanks for point that out. I will update the first post to clarify this.

nydriek 09-17-2010 01:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yay (Post 1945760)
How long is your battery life with the overclock and what rom are you running? I'm just curious because I am running the latest NRG rom and it seems as though the battery lasts about the same as before the overclock. Heck, I know that it last a whole lot longer than running android on my phone. With android running I get about 2-3 hours of battery life, now that is sh**ty battery life.:grin:

I was using LatROM 23569, and I got about 5-6 hours with the overclock. Normally I get around 2 days.. I think a lot of the battery drain was happening when my phone would "freeze"

roflhorse 09-17-2010 10:32 AM

Thanks for summarizing what we needed into one post!
It's been running for about 30 minutes with these settings (for reference, when overclocking on my own attempts it would freeze about 5 minutes into it)
I will report back at the end of the day to let you know about battery life/any lock ups that occurs.
Thanks!

FelonyInc 09-17-2010 11:40 AM

Great post, thanks!! Working great @ 710Mhz