PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Help with picture mail sprint touch pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=125571)

cchalkley 06-17-2010 01:19 PM

Help with picture mail sprint touch pro

I have tried several cabs from here none helping me. I am running the energy rom and when sending messages with pictures get no errors the recipient just doesn't get them. Any suggestions

Blade Runner 06-17-2010 04:43 PM

Re: Help with picture mail sprint touch pro

This is my work around. I send my pic. Then I go to a previous pic I have sent. Bring that up, then i go back to my pic I just sent and for some unknown reason to me it sends the damn thing. Other wise I just see the message "sending".

Mswezey 06-17-2010 06:56 PM

same here, im running energy rom as well. get pics just fine. just can't send them...says they sent but the people never get them.

cchalkley 06-17-2010 11:16 PM

anyone using energy that can send, my friend that prev owned this phone could.

ruben1221 06-18-2010 11:16 AM

Yea I can send and receive... What cabs are you guys installing? There is a work around... I have a cab but not sure if you guys tried it already..I can post if you want.

cchalkley 06-18-2010 03:20 PM

the ones labeled Sprint New MMS and acrsoft. Post yours please.

Mswezey 06-18-2010 04:02 PM

Yes i've tried those two above. Please post!

ruben1221 06-18-2010 07:23 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Try these out...
First install the "Remove Picturemail & Arcsoft cab"
Then install One of the other ones..
I think Sprint Arcsoft MMS 5.0 works well.
Just mess around with these and see what you get.
There is also a small thing where you have to go to settings and type in at the address bar where its a thing where its sending/receiving from the phone. Sorry if it sounds confusing
Let me know if anyone needs help.
Enjoy

cchalkley 06-18-2010 09:22 PM

yea tried the arcsoft and the removal cab, arcsoft didnt help, ill try stick figure, I think my problem may be in the phone settings or registry.

cchalkley 06-18-2010 09:23 PM

whoever helps me gets to save money on their sprint service (I am an employee who can get you into the referral program)

cchalkley 06-18-2010 10:04 PM

tried those and nothing, give me some instructions to install to make sure I am doing right.

Did give some msg about max 500KB and pics are bigger

crackerwarrior 06-19-2010 09:51 PM

try switching your rom to mighty rom i have mighty rom 5 and mine works just fine it could just be your rom was installed wrong or even could be your settings

crackerwarrior 06-19-2010 09:54 PM

and you should send a pic message that is 350kb my max is 399kb you may need to just change the camera settings to a lower res

cchalkley 06-19-2010 10:13 PM

Yea I have done the pic size thing, cant do mighty rom, just too boring looking, besides the prev owner of this device used pic mail running energy....just not working for me so something in the registry I think

cchalkley 06-19-2010 10:39 PM

ok so my wife just got one from me, sent yesterday but received while I installed new cab and was playing in the registry.

shiverz26 06-20-2010 04:30 PM

this is a known issue with the sprint touch pro, as an employee you should know that, it is undetermined cause but is a factory rom issue as well so swapping roms wouldnt be the cause, it doesnt happen on all devices but if you have the issue you should try leaving the screen opened until it changes to sent otherwise it can close the message prematurely

cchalkley 06-20-2010 06:26 PM

yes I know its an issue that was resovled eons ago for stock roms, but as I stated before, the last guy that owned this had NO issues and was running energy roms

ruben1221 06-21-2010 07:28 PM

Can any who is trying to solve this issue on their own, can post a pic image from their phone showing the Settings" Server" That way I can see if its similar to mines.
-Just go to the txt message icon
-Click All Messages
-Click menu button
-Click Pics/Video Option
-Then on the bottom tab click the Servers Tab
Thats where the problem will most likely be < Take a pic of this and post....That way I can see if it matches up with mine. *Except for the MSID # in which everyone ahs their own.
Thanks Hopefully this will help with some ppl who are having this problem. Make sense?

cchalkley 06-21-2010 08:25 PM

in the energy gtx rom:

Click menu button
-Click Pics/Video Option

doesnt exist

ruben1221 06-22-2010 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cchalkley (Post 1828661)
in the energy gtx rom:

Click menu button
-Click Pics/Video Option

doesnt exist

Is there any other options besides that one available?
Maybe a "Options" menu botton or something? Somewhere you can access these options that I mentioned above? Honestly I dont have gtx flashed to my rom just build 23563. I can try to help anyone as much as I can from my what I can see from my end.

nahcyrag 06-22-2010 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ruben1221 (Post 1828586)
Can any who is trying to solve this issue on their own, can post a pic image from their phone showing the Settings" Server" That way I can see if its similar to mines.
-Just go to the txt message icon
-Click All Messages
-Click menu button
-Click Pics/Video Option
-Then on the bottom tab click the Servers Tab
Thats where the problem will most likely be < Take a pic of this and post....That way I can see if it matches up with mine. *Except for the MSID # in which everyone ahs their own.
Thanks Hopefully this will help with some ppl who are having this problem. Make sense?

I am on the newest Energy Rom with Cookie. The MMS doesn't work right out of box. You have to change add a new server address

http://mms.sprintpcs.com/servlets/mms
Connection type > Internet

then it should work fine. I am able to send and receive Pic mail fine.

cchalkley 06-22-2010 09:12 PM

how do i add in energy rom

jpwhre 06-22-2010 11:37 PM

if you have arcsoft installed it would give you pic/mms oi ton and you can go into servers and change those settings. i can't believe energy has a cap on size limit. sprint has a cap of 5000kb, not 399.

jpwhre 06-22-2010 11:38 PM

if you have arcsoft installed it would give you pic/mms oi ton and you can go into servers and change those settings. i can't believe energy has a cap on size limit. sprint has a cap of 5000kb, not 399 should be able to send a full song omp3) thru mms.

cchalkley 06-23-2010 06:55 AM

maybe more specific....if I remember with arcsoft i couldnt find that option.....maybne step by step I am new to this. Both arcsoft and sprint mss only options I have in pic mail are send options and layout options and background options

bmasephol 06-23-2010 10:32 AM

I'm on Sprint and have been using Energy for a long time and always do the following to get my MMS working.

Run the following
1) Remove PictureMail and Arsoft.cab
2) JD Arcsoft 5.2.1.22.cab
3) Soft reset

Both files can be found by clicking the paperclip on the Energy Rom thread.

I don't have to modify any settings after doing that and it works.

You can try other Arcsoft cab's found on the energy thread, especially the ones with sprint in the title but lately those haven't been working for me on the newest Energy roms.

nahcyrag 06-23-2010 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cchalkley (Post 1831161)
how do i add in energy rom

Follow ruben1221's instruction quoted in my post.

cchalkley 06-23-2010 08:01 PM

Tried that like 6 times never worked, 2 pic mails made it through out of 10 and 48 hours later

Quote:

Originally Posted by bmasephol (Post 1832101)
I'm on Sprint and have been using Energy for a long time and always do the following to get my MMS working.

Run the following
1) Remove PictureMail and Arsoft.cab
2) JD Arcsoft 5.2.1.22.cab
3) Soft reset

Both files can be found by clicking the paperclip on the Energy Rom thread.

I don't have to modify any settings after doing that and it works.

You can try other Arcsoft cab's found on the energy thread, especially the ones with sprint in the title but lately those haven't been working for me on the newest Energy roms.

h2onions 06-24-2010 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cchalkley (Post 1833330)
Tried that like 6 times never worked, 2 pic mails made it through out of 10 and 48 hours later

I like using SomeGuyMMS' program. It's free, but there are ads to buy the full version ($5 i think) every time you are sending and when you open up the program. It's also able to send multiple pictures, intercept picture/vid mail that is sent to you.

Here's the thread for it
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=22509

Here's the site for the program
http://smms.vision5.com/index.php?

cchalkley 06-25-2010 09:03 AM

ill give it a try and let you know

cchalkley 06-25-2010 10:11 AM

nice program, so far so good, will donate the $5 since wife and friend got pic mail in like 3 minutes. Hey in this program can you use the address book rather than typing the phone numbers in?

h2onions 06-25-2010 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cchalkley (Post 1836881)
nice program, so far so good, will donate the $5 since wife and friend got pic mail in like 3 minutes. Hey in this program can you use the address book rather than typing the phone numbers in?

Yes, you can use the address book. Once you are in the compose part, you click the "To:" and it will open up your address book and you can select your contact.

cchalkley 06-25-2010 06:04 PM

worked like a charm, now when I donate $5.00 hopefully he will send me the info for unlocking it. I would offer you a sprint discount, but just found out employee referrals are for new lines only.

h2onions 06-25-2010 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cchalkley (Post 1837914)
worked like a charm, now when I donate $5.00 hopefully he will send me the info for unlocking it. I would offer you a sprint discount, but just found out employee referrals are for new lines only.

Oh, that would've been awesome. If you don't get info in a good amount of time you should pm guitardoc64 to get some help with it.