PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Who here has the MMS 4k Tiny Picture bug? *UPDATED* Tiny cab fix is ready. (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=110230)

wiskydiver1 02-10-2010 02:48 PM

Who here has the MMS 4k Tiny Picture bug? *UPDATED* Tiny cab fix is ready.

2 Attachment(s)
I'm on Alltel and have it with pretty much every custom rom I can think of. I know the usual fixes of disabling HTC Messaging, installing the remove Picturemail and Arcsoft cab, installing a different Arcsoft cab specific to your carrier.

Been doing a LOT of digging, and I developed a fix for it that allows you to get your received pictures back up to full size, without removing anything that's in the ROM.

Yep, that's right.

I made a single cab to install. Very tiny, 2kb. Been testing the heck out of it here. I know it works on Alltel, but I suspect it will work carrier independant.

It's going to be just a little bit longer before it's ready for the general public, but by that I mean maybe a couple more hours.

If you have that problem, or HAD that problem, please post here and let me know what your carrier is, and what ROM you are/were using.

Also, if you click the poll saying you've never had this problem, also please post and let me know both what ROM you are on, and what carrier you use. The reason for me asking this is most of these ROMs are based on Sprint, and I would like to see if any other carriers are not having the problems.
I would also be curious to see what ROMs Sprint users are using if they actually do have this bug.

I did this because I just got sick of the normal "fixes" breaking other stuff in the ROM's. For example, when I used the Remove Picture Mail and Arcsoft cab, then replaced with an Alltel arcsoft cab, sending MMS from messenging as Insert - Picture got really flaky, working when it wanted, and I also randomly lost sounds. Sometime the ringtone would stop working, sometimes the SMS notification sound would stop.

Either way, it was a serious problem.

So, if you did any of those fixes like I did, and want the functionality back that was cooked into the ROM in the first place, get ready to do a hard reset, and install a tiny little cab. :D

Will be checking back often, and will update this post with the cab later today, as soon as it's ready.

Thanks!
Jim

Update, Added cab file. Should be carrier independant, and run on any Rom. It is a setting that communicates with the mms server of your carrier to properly identify your phone, and it just changes 2 small registry items.

Note: If you use any other keyboards than the default, after a soft reset it goes back to the ROM default. Do not worry, your other keyboard is still there, you just need to re-select it. For me it was going from the default to Swype. :)

Any problems, please let me know.

I'm also working on a bit larger cab that will replace ALL of the arcsoft registry settings to what was shipped in the latest 6.1 build. This of course would be only for Alltel, but may do some more work later on other carriers.

Update Early a.m. 02-15-10, uploaded correct cab file. Original should still work, but updated is actually the correct one for the Touch Pro.

nelsont509 02-10-2010 03:29 PM

Re: Who here has the MMS 4k Tiny Picture bug? Getting a very light cab fix ready.

Quote:

Originally Posted by nelsont509 (Post 1522788)
Alltel MMS Server Settings... Just in case there is some other Alltel branded Phones out there besides me...these settings are from the stock ROM;

Server Name:
Alltel MMSC

Gateway:
mms.alltel.com

Port Number:

Server Address:
http://mms.alltel.com/servlets/mms

Connect Via:
Data Connection

Send limit:

Tried, Tested, True !!

This is what I did last Ski-Rom 012510.

wiskydiver1 02-10-2010 03:31 PM

Re: Who here has the MMS 4k Tiny Picture bug? Getting a very light cab fix ready.

Quote:

Originally Posted by nelsont509 (Post 1555888)
This is what I did last Ski-Rom 012510.

That's what I did too. And my received pics were still 4k.

nelsont509 02-10-2010 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wiskydiver1 (Post 1555896)
That's what I did too. And my received pics were still 4k.

Now, I haven't tried it with any other Rom. I see you use Roots, I may flash over.

A cab would be the cat's meow!!! Good luck!!

wiskydiver1 02-10-2010 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nelsont509 (Post 1555954)
Now, I haven't tried it with any other Rom. I see you use Roots, I may flash over.

A cab would be the cat's meow!!! Good luck!!

1st post updated with the cab and some more information. :)

nelsont509 02-10-2010 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wiskydiver1 (Post 1556664)
1st post updated with the cab and some more information. :)

Thanks brutha!! I'll report back in the morn!!

wiskydiver1 02-10-2010 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nelsont509 (Post 1556695)
Thanks brutha!! I'll report back in the morn!!

okey dokey!

rstoyguy 02-12-2010 08:10 AM

Re: Who here has the MMS 4k Tiny Picture bug? Tiny cab fix is ready.

Moved to the Touch Pro forum.

nelsont509 02-12-2010 09:33 AM

Alright, flashed to Roots MaxSilver, seems to be Working flawlessly. You had my "Thanks" at Tiny Picture bug!! :)

halfevildruid 02-12-2010 10:20 PM

installed to alltel touch pro, energyrom pheonix 23529 2-8-10, works great! thanx