PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Please Help! Lost IE and opera connection after Sprite Backup (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=108224)

funklikewhoa 01-27-2010 10:25 AM

Please Help! Lost IE and opera connection after Sprite Backup

Greetings! I upgraded my ROM on the htc website for my touch pro last night and used sprite backup to restore my programs/personal data. Everything went fine except i lost my data connection. I cannot receive email, get weather data, or use the browsers EXCEPT Skyfire is still working...strange. Is there a connection setting that got fouled up? Please help!

I m J James 01-27-2010 12:46 PM

Re: Please Help! Lost IE and opera connection after Sprite Backup

Quote:

Originally Posted by funklikewhoa (Post 1520117)
Greetings! I upgraded my ROM on the htc website for my touch pro last night and used sprite backup to restore my programs/personal data. Everything went fine except i lost my data connection. I cannot receive email, get weather data, or use the browsers EXCEPT Skyfire is still working...strange. Is there a connection setting that got fouled up? Please help!

Is your DATA connection switched on in CONNS manager? Make sure your phone is not set on AIRPLANE mode. Did you hard reset your phone after flash?.(After every rom flash you should always hardreset).

funklikewhoa 01-27-2010 12:53 PM

Yes, data connection is switched on. checked modem connection and its set to sprint #777. I didn't hard reset the phone after the rom flash...you think i should hard reset, then restore with sprite again? Strange how all data connections fail (mail,weather,ie,opera and any other software using the internet) EXCEPT skyfire

I m J James 01-27-2010 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by funklikewhoa (Post 1520431)
Yes, data connection is switched on. checked modem connection and its set to sprint #777. I didn't hard reset the phone after the rom flash...you think i should hard reset, then restore with sprite again? Strange how all data connections fail (mail,weather,ie,opera and any other software using the internet) EXCEPT skyfire

Yes, HardReset.

1. Turn your Touch Pro completely off! (Yes, turn it off…no, really. Turn the Fluffy thing off!)
2. There is a 3 button combo that you must perform. Make sure you press them all at once.
3. The 3 button combo is this: a. The Power Button. b. The Volume Down Button. c. The D-Pad(action) Button. (You know, the little circle, the “enter” button.)
4. Hold this combo until a grey screen comes on the screen. It will tell you to push the Volume Up button to confirm the hard reset.
5. Follow the rest of the instructions on the screen and you will be good to go!

Good Luck

funklikewhoa 01-27-2010 12:56 PM

ive also gone into epst to see if any of the values were missing but didn't notice any

funklikewhoa 01-27-2010 12:57 PM

ill try that...be back shortly

funklikewhoa 01-27-2010 08:40 PM

no dice. any other suggestions? I think i might try doing a backup using the replace option in sprite backup instead of the merge. whadayathink?

I m J James 01-27-2010 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by funklikewhoa (Post 1521551)
no dice. any other suggestions? I think i might try doing a backup using the replace option in sprite backup instead of the merge. whadayathink?

Did your internet work before restoring backup?

funklikewhoa 01-27-2010 10:44 PM

internet works before restore. wish i could view and compare registry settings...data is working ONLY for skyfire which is a red flag that maybe i can work this through without having to dump my software setup and start over. all for faster touchflo scrolling and the subtraction of fades in the new htc rom. bogus. any other ideas?

I m J James 01-27-2010 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by funklikewhoa (Post 1521830)
internet works before restore. wish i could view and compare registry settings...data is working ONLY for skyfire which is a red flag that maybe i can work this through without having to dump my software setup and start over. all for faster touchflo scrolling and the subtraction of fades in the new htc rom. bogus. any other ideas?

Well it seems the restore is messing up your internet settings. I guess its your choice whats more important your backup or your internet....lol