PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   where does weather info come from? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=104966)

jpwhre 01-06-2010 04:05 PM

where does weather info come from?

i have noticed this for some time now but let it go. my spb home shows it to be 57* out and my outside temp at house shows 79* and las night my outside temp shoed 10* below my spb. tf3d has a diff temp then spb and wp shows today as rainy (examp as i removed it) and spb shows clear and sunny with rain in 2 days and both are wrong as it is an overcast day and no rain in months.

I know some roms have battery temp apps, is there a way to have phone show current temp with same app and show in weather?

dschoenike 01-06-2010 07:48 PM

Re: where does weather info come from?

From my own personal experience, ive found spb to be way off regarding what their weather says and actual weather conditions outside. I stopped using it.
dschoenike

jpwhre 01-06-2010 08:27 PM

it's on my home screen and i didn't pay cash for the way off weather conditions. but i have found all weather to be WAY off what is really going on. seeing i can look out my door and see if i really need a jacket to keep warm or need an umbrella to keep dry since the weather is so far off that it is year old updates. and since i am getting ready to make trip to washinton i would hate to be in the cold and have a 20* diff.

Kodak X 01-06-2010 08:36 PM

You should use WheaterBug, it works very nice.

dschoenike 01-06-2010 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kodak X (Post 1466060)
You should use WheaterBug, it works very nice.

+1 on weatherbug. nice suggestion.
dschoenike

Relic 01-07-2010 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jpwhre (Post 1465434)
i have noticed this for some time now but let it go. my spb home shows it to be 57* out and my outside temp at house shows 79* and las night my outside temp shoed 10* below my spb. tf3d has a diff temp then spb and wp shows today as rainy (examp as i removed it) and spb shows clear and sunny with rain in 2 days and both are wrong as it is an overcast day and no rain in months.

I know some roms have battery temp apps, is there a way to have phone show current temp with same app and show in weather?

Well I do know the TF3D gets the weather from AccuWeather.com. As for the others I don't know.

But the battery temp idea would be nice, although it would only tell you what temp is in you current
environment eg..indoor or outdoor. so you'd still need use of the regular weather app to tell you outside temp.

jpwhre 01-07-2010 07:39 PM

i'm not to worried about it being envi-ro-ment temp. i would be able to look at a glance what temp range i am in. i like th weather station i have that shows inside temp and out side temp with humidty and it tells me if it really is a rainy day. but in southern az, and when i go to washington, it is just me. wife, kids, and weather station stays here. haven't yet, but i still need to get amaze put back on phone and see how off the gps weather is.