PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Linux/Android on CDMA Touch Pro -- Now working on Verizon! And with GPS! (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=104276)

TWiST 02-17-2010 06:10 PM

Re: Linux/Android on CDMA Touch Pro (RAPH800)

I saw a program called louder volume hack, but I have not tried it out yet.

DropZone9540 02-17-2010 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eyepoker (Post 1572731)
Hey, Pandora works with the latest build. Listening to Liquid tension Experiment right now... :)

Yup! Now if I only had a headphone jack on my phone...

xxmillertimexx 02-17-2010 06:18 PM

I still can't get any kind of internet connection, period. I just updated to the new kernel and module thinkin it might help..it didn't. This gets so frustrating that I just give up

eyepoker 02-17-2010 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DropZone9540 (Post 1572749)
Yup! Now if I only had a headphone jack on my phone...

you don't have that little adapter that comes with your phone? its a little dongle, gives you 1/8" and that smaller jack and its got a usb pass through on it... well... i still have mine :headbang:. am rockin out at my desk... Symphony X!!! yeah!

[edit] oh .... crud... have been fiddling with it but i don't think it works... does the dongle work?

DropZone9540 02-17-2010 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eyepoker (Post 1572778)
you don't have that little adapter that comes with your phone? its a little dongle, gives you 1/8" and that smaller jack and its got a usb pass through on it... well... i still have mine :headbang:. am rockin out at my desk... Symphony X!!! yeah!

well yeah, I have THAT, but it's not the same!

Yeah, the dongle works. I've used it to listen to music in my car streamed from Pandora or the old XM app for WinMo.

craig198 02-17-2010 06:41 PM

i think number one priority should be battery life issues right now.

artlan 02-17-2010 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TWiST (Post 1572736)
I saw a program called louder volume hack, but I have not tried it out yet.

This app will not work (yet) because of the read-only nature of the current \system. The volume for the in-call/speaker phone/bt headset/ect are controlled by 3 files in the main system. There are "louder" set versions of them over in the other forums but I haven't tried them in the current system.sqsh and am unsure if anyone else already has (or if they would effect our devices at all)

eyepoker 02-17-2010 06:42 PM

huh, doesnt seem to work for me. are you doing anything special or it was just plug and play?

yeah, the donglel... its awkward and yes, not the same.

makkonen 02-17-2010 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deltatristar500 (Post 1572337)
Ok, here is my big big question on the going from windows to andriod thing...

I use Outlook for my calendar, task, contacts..etc, so down the road once I use Andriod, which I will, do I need to remove ALL my contacts from gmail first so when I sync my contacts from my outlook, they will transfer smoothly to gmail with my contact id? I guess all my calendar stuff will just transfer over google calendar, but my main concern will be my contacts. Plus I use my cableone email as my main email provider. I guess I can pop3 that email address too in Andriod, right? Sorry if this is a rediculous question, however its been in the back of my head for some time now, but love the new Andriod better than windows, hands down.

thanks

You can certainly get pop3 email through the Email app. As for contacts, I believe gmail/google is capable of merging duplicate contacts, so you shouldn't have to delete and re-add them.

Quote:

Originally Posted by xxmillertimexx (Post 1572757)
I still can't get any kind of internet connection, period. I just updated to the new kernel and module thinkin it might help..it didn't. This gets so frustrating that I just give up

Sorry you've had such trouble. To make sure, you did delete your data.img, redownload the RAPH800 xdandroid package from this thread, and start fresh? I don't know why wifi would still be giving you trouble. I'm not at all surprised with having trouble on cdma data, though. It remains spotty for lots of people (I dare say the majority of non-Sprint users).

Quote:

Originally Posted by eyepoker (Post 1572778)

[edit] oh .... crud... have been fiddling with it but i don't think it works... does the dongle work?

I have no idea if headset works. I know there is something in the kernel to support it... but I don't think anyone with a raph800/diam500 has tested it (nor do I know if it even works on raph100/diam100). You guys are breaking new ground.

Urufu_Shinjiro 02-17-2010 06:52 PM

Ooh, cool. I'm going to keep an eye on this thread, I'm not real thrilled with what has been announced for Windows Phone 7 so I may be going android in the future, this would be a good way to test the OS and see how I like it.