PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Changed phone number, now cant get mms or internet! (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=102936)

EN_VY 12-23-2009 04:05 AM

Changed phone number, now cant get mms or internet!

Hey guys, I have an issue maybe I can get help with. My phone was working fine but I changed my number, and all of a sudden I can not get pictures or get on the internet? Im sorry if this has been covered before but i did not know what terms to search for. Any setting I have to change? Its a touch pro on cricket. Thanks in advance

titaniumgiant 12-23-2009 04:14 AM

Re: Changed phone number, now cant get mms or internet!

from your phone dialer screen, type ##000000## and it should give u access to another screen . verify if your MDN number matches your new number. if not, change it. the other number is going to be different. leave that alone. once chane\ged, reboot and see what happens

EN_VY 12-23-2009 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by titaniumgiant (Post 1432897)
from your phone dialer screen, type ##000000## and it should give u access to another screen . verify if your MDN number matches your new number. if not, change it. the other number is going to be different. leave that alone. once chane\ged, reboot and see what happens

Dang it! I went there and the MDN number did match..I changed the msid to match that number... Was that the number I wasnt supposed to change?

killerdoberman 12-23-2009 10:52 AM

Well, this is for VerizonWireless...so, I don't know if it will work for you.

But when you change your number the internet access will also need to change.

Settings > Connections > Connections...
Click the Advanced tab
Click the Select Networks button
Click the Edit button
Click the Edit button
Click the Next
Click the Next
------remember this is for Verizon Wireless------
User Name should be: ##########@vzw3g.com <----The # is your phone number. This is the part that might need to change.
PW: vzw
Domain: <blank>
Click Finish

Hope this helps.

drewski83 12-23-2009 01:24 PM

what about for alltel??

titaniumgiant 12-23-2009 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EN_VY (Post 1433152)
Dang it! I went there and the MDN number did match..I changed the msid to match that number... Was that the number I wasnt supposed to change?

yes that was the number u were NOT suppose to change LOL. u need to contact tech support ucz ur provider is diff than mine and i dont know what ur number should be.

azz777 12-23-2009 05:55 PM

don't know about Cricket, with sprint, if I remember it correctly, when you change #, on the stock rom, you just go to setting, system, update profile, it will automatically update it for you.

EN_VY 12-24-2009 01:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by titaniumgiant (Post 1433560)
yes that was the number u were NOT suppose to change LOL. u need to contact tech support ucz ur provider is diff than mine and i dont know what ur number should be.

So should I call cricket? And ask them for that number? I guess Im going to have to end up paying the dude again to flash my phone once again:-(

Anyways, lets just say that I didnt mess with that number, the number I was supposed to change did match my phone number but still wasnt working.. PLease advice.. I feel so lost

mjh8812 12-24-2009 01:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EN_VY (Post 1434723)
So should I call cricket? And ask them for that number? I guess Im going to have to end up paying the dude again to flash my phone once again:-(

Anyways, lets just say that I didnt mess with that number, the number I was supposed to change did match my phone number but still wasnt working.. PLease advice.. I feel so lost

on sprint its ##3282# then click restore...then u'll need software to update your data profile..on sprint theres a cab to download to do that..and that will automatically restore the correct data settings for your mdn..idk what works for verizon though

whitey10tc 12-24-2009 02:27 AM

For my fellow cricket user you will need to do the following to update your user name to your new MDN 10digit phone # @mycricket.com
Go to phone dialer pad
dial ##778# or ##778 (SND)
select edit
enter 000000
view info
goto security
edit both user ID's = replace old number with new
view info
MIP default profile
edit NAI = replace old number with new.
menu, OK, OK, OK
let phone reboot
then change in the following area
Click the Advanced tab
Click the Edit button
Click the Edit button
Click the Next
Click the Next
change out old number for new
Click Finish

Then for MMS you will need to do the following get PHM registry editor if your don't have it. Then goto HKLM/Software/arcsoft/arcsoft mms ua/cofig/mm1/wspheader find x-cricket-mdn and replace with new number.

That should get you up and going if not PM me and I'll help you out more.

whitey10tc 12-24-2009 02:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EN_VY (Post 1434723)

To get back the number you deleted just do another OTASP *22804. But you will need to follow what I gave you above to get it working for WAP/MMS. Just don't pay for a reflash when it's so simple. and you have a great support group here.

EN_VY 12-24-2009 03:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whitey10tc (Post 1434800)
For my fellow cricket user you will need to do the following to update your user name to your new MDN 10digit phone # @mycricket.com
Go to phone dialer pad
dial ##778# or ##778 (SND)
select edit
enter 000000
view info
goto security
edit both user ID's = replace old number with new
view info
MIP default profile
edit NAI = replace old number with new.
menu, OK, OK, OK
let phone reboot
then change in the following area
Click the Advanced tab
Click the Edit button
Click the Edit button
Click the Next
Click the Next
change out old number for new
Click Finish

Then for MMS you will need to do the following get PHM registry editor if your don't have it. Then goto HKLM/Software/arcsoft/arcsoft mms ua/cofig/mm1/wspheader find x-cricket-mdn and replace with new number.

That should get you up and going if not PM me and I'll help you out more.

First off, thanks for your help:thumbleft: I tried the steps but no internet yet.. On the NAI, i sthat field supposed to contain my phone number only? Before I edited it I noticed it had a bunch of letters. I also tried calling cricket to program my phone but it said it was unable to do so.. Thanks again

titaniumgiant 12-24-2009 03:32 AM

hey whitey..what is the msid number that shows up for you? maybe u can post that here and he can plug it into his and that should get him going again?

whitey10tc 12-24-2009 03:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EN_VY (Post 1434866)
First off, thanks for your help:thumbleft: I tried the steps but no internet yet.. On the NAI, i sthat field supposed to contain my phone number only? Before I edited it I noticed it had a bunch of letters. I also tried calling cricket to program my phone but it said it was unable to do so.. Thanks again

In the NAI field you will need to enter your 10 digit number@mycricket.com
I would recommend that you go over your EPST setting with a fine tooth comb. Follow this thread for that http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=492824.
Also try *228 for the OTASP

titaniumgiant 12-24-2009 04:05 AM

here is what i think u should do..dont tell them u changed anything! just say they issued u a new number and ever since then data dont work. thats it. do not pay them 30 bucks. thats bullshit they wanna charge 30 bucks for that. tell them to fix it cuz since fone number was changed it didnt work....plus u not lying..u just..witholding information :) lol

whitey10tc 12-24-2009 04:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by titaniumgiant (Post 1434905)
here is what i think u should do..dont tell them u changed anything! just say they issued u a new number and ever since then data dont work. thats it. do not pay them 30 bucks. thats bullshit they wanna charge 30 bucks for that. tell them to fix it cuz since fone number was changed it didnt work....plus u not lying..u just..witholding information :) lol

As suggest above is technically theft of services because you did change setting and there fore voided the flash they did. But being a flasher myself I would say go back to them tell them that changed your number and then tried to fix it with the advice of some idiots "myself included" and see if they will do you a solid and take the two minutes to enter the setting for you. Really with phone in hand it should only take 2 -5 minutes to get you back up and running.
The other thing that I did not mention is there WAP/MMS enabled on the new number?

titaniumgiant 12-24-2009 04:46 AM

i beg to differ that it is theft of service. it is to get around that bs fee of 30 dollars. Why is it that he must have to pay 30 dollars for something as simple as that when virtually no other carrier i know of charges people for that and also makes the default rom's available for anyone to download except cricket.

Also, when he got this phone, was he made aware..no not in small fine print buried on page 4069 of his contract but clear upfront information / warning that cricket is going to be holding his default rom hostage and anything they will need to reprogram on the phone is gonna cost him 30 dollars?

i highly doubt it.

its outright raw rapeage that cricket is engaging in by such outlandish practices.

whitey10tc 12-24-2009 05:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by titaniumgiant (Post 1434934)
i beg to differ that it is theft of service. it is to get around that bs fee of 30 dollars. Why is it that he must have to pay 30 dollars for something as simple as that when virtually no other carrier i know of charges people for that and also makes the default rom's available for anyone to download except cricket.

Also, when he got this phone, was he made aware..no not in small fine print buried on page 4069 of his contract but clear upfront information / warning that cricket is going to be holding his default rom hostage and anything they will need to reprogram on the phone is gonna cost him 30 dollars?

i highly doubt it.

its outright raw rapeage that cricket is engaging in by such outlandish practices.

Please understand that this is NOT a cricket branded phone it has no other default ROM other then the one that came from verizon sprint us cellular or the original carrier. If he paid a dealer to flash it, He probably signed a waiver of sorts stating bla,bla,bla, may not support certain features bla, bla. It's not the carrier that charges the fees it's the flashing dealer.
Cricket a contractless carrier they do not even have a printed subscriber agreement, you have to pull that from the web site.

So to state it plain and simple cricket does not flash phones dealers do! Cricket does not charge the flash fees dealers do.

titaniumgiant 12-24-2009 05:14 AM

thats...FANTASTIC! One more reason for me to never go to cricket

EN_VY 12-24-2009 11:17 PM

Well guys, I mad a call today and I get "the american roaming network" WTH? " I can no longer make calls! Is it because of the number I changed? I also tried both numbers for otasp but nothing :(

titaniumgiant 12-25-2009 04:02 AM

Yea...sounds like you are ...FOCKED. lol.

EN_VY 12-25-2009 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by titaniumgiant (Post 1436562)
Yea...sounds like you are ...FOCKED. lol.

Tell me something I dont know :( any suggestions?

peterm20 12-25-2009 10:07 PM

Sounds like the MDN/MSID is wrong. you remember the old values at all? If you do i'd put them back in to at least get your phone running again.

EN_VY 12-25-2009 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by peterm20 (Post 1437475)
Sounds like the MDN/MSID is wrong. you remember the old values at all? If you do i'd put them back in to at least get your phone running again.

No, I stupidly deleted them. Do you think I can walk in to a cricket store and have them fix it?

whitey10tc 12-26-2009 02:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EN_VY (Post 1437569)
No, I stupidly deleted them. Do you think I can walk in to a cricket store and have them fix it?

If it a dealer yes, if it's a corp store they most likely won't touch your phone.

If you go back to the place that flashed it they will probably help you out. Also what city and state are you in? I might know a dealer that can help!

If you are getting the American Roaming now and won't *228 to cricket then it sound like your MDN is not correct. You can obtain the following from cricket CS over the phone @ 1-800-cricket. Ask for the following: Your MDN,MIN/MSID SID,NID and your PRL number for your area.

After you have the above info PM with the following your SID # PRL # if your are running a stock ROM (meaning does it say sprint or the original carrier at boot up and in the header on the home screen) The solution to your problem is in your EPST setting of the phone. and can easily be fixed.

EN_VY 12-26-2009 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whitey10tc (Post 1437754)
If it a dealer yes, if it's a corp store they most likely won't touch your phone.

If you go back to the place that flashed it they will probably help you out. Also what city and state are you in? I might know a dealer that can help!

If you are getting the American Roaming now and won't *228 to cricket then it sound like your MDN is not correct. You can obtain the following from cricket CS over the phone @ 1-800-cricket. Ask for the following: Your MDN,MIN/MSID SID,NID and your PRL number for your area.

After you have the above info PM with the following your SID # PRL # if your are running a stock ROM (meaning does it say sprint or the original carrier at boot up and in the header on the home screen) The solution to your problem is in your EPST setting of the phone. and can easily be fixed.

Im in houston tx. Im going in today to see whts going on. Thanks everyone