PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   I Don't know what I'm doing PLEASE HELP!!! (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=99491)

Heavy G 12-01-2009 03:08 AM

I Don't know what I'm doing PLEASE HELP!!!

:wav:

First of all I want to say Hello to all Members & Guest!

I have read all most ever thing I could find an the subject of unlocking & flashing a HTC tp2 and have donated to many for their work and time; and will again ;-) I have downloaded many programs and and other things to help me unlock this phone (7 days ) I got the RhodiumWUnlocker and still stuck still there is more but .........angry9:

But now this is my problem I finally unlocked phone unlocked sim Installed Rom.
os 5.2.21882
manila v. 2.5.19211619.0
rom v. juicy_rs wwe
radio v. 1.96.00wu

I can't use my Tmobile sim
it still says sprint and know after after rom flashing I can't use the MSL that I reset back to 000000
PLEASE CAN SOMEONE TELL ME WHAT TO DO NEXT TO GET THIS PHONE RUNNING PLEASE !!!!!!!! :smile:

:wav:

apristel 12-01-2009 03:14 AM

Re: I Don't know what I'm doing PLEASE HELP!!!

Are you putting it in GSM mode?

WhiteBlazer01 12-01-2009 03:19 AM

So you can't use it on Sprint either?
My Verizon TP2 is unlocked, and I can use Verizon and AT&T (and T-Mobile), but maybe the process is different for Sprint. Point being, I would try to get it working on Sprint, then try T-Mobile.

EDIT: Just looked, and it says your carrier is T-Mobile. So you bought a Sprint TP2 I'm assuming? Therefore, you probably can't test it on Sprint. if you do *228, does it take you to the Sprint setup? I would double check the SIM unlock was done correctly. I'm not familiar with the Sprint SIM process.

EDIT 2: Lol, yea, try putting it in GSM mode. Settings > Phone > Network

Heavy G 12-01-2009 03:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by apristel (Post 1376230)
Are you putting it in GSM mode?

Yes I did, doing a network search shows tmoblile but in gsm mode it says no service and my VM number show up wrong.

Heavy G 12-01-2009 03:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteBlazer01 (Post 1376237)
So you can't use it on Sprint either?
My Verizon TP2 is unlocked, and I can use Verizon and AT&T (and T-Mobile), but maybe the process is different for Sprint. Point being, I would try to get it working on Sprint, then try T-Mobile.

EDIT: Just looked, and it says your carrier is T-Mobile. So you bought a Sprint TP2 I'm assuming? Therefore, you probably can't test it on Sprint. if you do *228, does it take you to the Sprint setup? I would double check the SIM unlock was done correctly. I'm not familiar with the Sprint SIM process.

EDIT 2: Lol, yea, try putting it in GSM mode. Settings > Phone > Network

Under security it say sim unlocked, it also says cant read from network at this time try back later or disconnect from sync I was not connected to the computer.

horndoctor 12-01-2009 04:16 AM

I don't know if this is the problem but isn't t-mobile gsm? The rom you listed looks like it is for cdma. :scratch: Dunno Maybe I'm wrong. I thought that was a no no.

WhiteBlazer01 12-01-2009 04:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by horndoctor (Post 1376331)
I don't know if this is the problem but isn't t-mobile gsm? The rom you listed looks like it is for cdma. :scratch: Dunno Maybe I'm wrong. I thought that was a no no.

That's an interesting theory, but I think the rom more so has to do with the phone... wait, I should stop before I confuse myself....

My Verizon phone has the Energy rom Leo for CDMA, but I can use my phone on T-Mobile or AT&T. It should be the same for his Sprint phone. Just flash a CDMA rom, but provision it for T-Mobile... I'm confused again... :dontknow:

horndoctor 12-01-2009 04:45 AM

LOL Well, I just was trying to see if I could help. I guess I was thinking that if the device was originally gsm then you would use the gsm unlocker and be able to flash a gsm custom rom. Then if you wanted to use it on the cdma network you would use the sim unlocked side or whatever. I may be completely confused. I should go to bed! lol :)

jimmy2442 12-01-2009 09:13 AM

If you have a sprint phone it needs to be sim unlocked and a patched radio needs to be flashed in order for it to pick up USA GSM networks

EDIT: uhhh nevermind i see you have that patched radio already...

Heavy G 12-01-2009 02:26 PM

thank you all for your input!

I have fix the problem what I did by mistake was to flash another radio not a patched one, so I re flashed the 1.96.00wu and tmobile came up!

Thanks again to you all for you help!