PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Trying to install mtoolbox, but wont work. (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=98836)

popoman 11-26-2009 11:46 PM

Trying to install mtoolbox, but wont work.

So im trying to install mtoolbox but it says my net framework is too old.. phone just came out for us cellular so shouldnt my net framework be up to date? how do i find out my framework version.

has anyone installed this successfully?

thanks!

mwrood 11-27-2009 12:17 AM

Re: Trying to install mtoolbox, but wont work.

Quote:

Originally Posted by popoman (Post 1365487)
So im trying to install mtoolbox but it says my net framework is too old.. phone just came out for us cellular so shouldnt my net framework be up to date? how do i find out my framework version.

has anyone installed this successfully?

thanks!

i use it on my verizon tp2...search for framework 3.5 or just flash to a custom rom bc all of them have the latest frameowrk...i actually think that mightyrom has 3.7

popoman 11-27-2009 12:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mwrood (Post 1365542)
i use it on my verizon tp2...search for framework 3.5 or just flash to a custom rom bc all of them have the latest frameowrk...i actually think that mightyrom has 3.7

thanks for the help... what is the best way to upgrade the net framework? ive only had the phone a day so i dont want to screw it up... lol

tvandyck7 11-27-2009 02:15 AM

Where can I find the mtoolbox.cab file? I would love to have this as I could never get it to work when I had my Omnia because of the framework.

japper88 11-27-2009 03:24 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by popoman (Post 1365579)
thanks for the help... what is the best way to upgrade the net framework? ive only had the phone a day so i dont want to screw it up... lol

Just run the attached cab (you might need to do a soft reset after the install). That will give you the newest Net framework and then you're set!

mwrood 11-27-2009 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by japper88 (Post 1365845)
Just run the attached cab (you might need to do a soft reset after the install). That will give you the newest Net framework and then you're set!

what he said...plus, i think ull need to go into the actual net cf app and click on the drop down box and then select 3.5...hope that helped....

popoman 11-28-2009 02:10 AM

worked perfectly, thanks guys!

mwrood 11-28-2009 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by popoman (Post 1368257)
worked perfectly, thanks guys!

no problem man...glad to help

drtechno 12-02-2009 06:04 PM

I Installed on my HTC p2...ran it..didnt take care of the probelm but i sent a text to myself then deletd it and that worked for me....but only after i ran the program so you have to run the program first