PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Flashing Stock Sprint Rom problems (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=97559)

stevecn70 11-19-2009 04:11 PM

Flashing Stock Sprint Rom problems

So after testing a few ROM I decided to convert the stock ROM to a Kitchen just using the Dump utility in Ervious Kitchen. It went through the stock nbh file and converted it to a kitchen, although I'm not sure if I'm supposed to do something with the SPL_signed.nbh file. I assume not since the phone is unlocked. Anyway, I decided to just remove some apps I didn't want (nothing system related, thing like nascar, etc). I put a check mark on the REAL WM 6.5 AKU like all other roms and I built the rom with no errors.

When I flashed, it restarted and sat at the boot screen for a long time. I thought there was something wrong so I turned it off and entered the boot loader and flashed the "real" stock rom. At reboot, I then noticed it too sat for about 4 min at the screen with the red print. it finally went through, so I'm thinking I wasn't patient enough the last time. I guess Cooked roms graphically show you what it is doing so you don't sit there wondering.

So is this normal? I would like to re-flash my custom ROM but am hesitant because of the first time. Did I do everything right? Anyone know anything I missed?

Thanks

EDIT: Nevemind. I unchecked Real WM 6.5 AKU in the kitchen and it booted fine after that.

stevecn70 11-21-2009 12:15 PM

Re: Flashing Stock Sprint Rom problems

Well, I spoke too soon, I left the checkmark out and it got to the "please wait while windows... etc." and then it just goes to a white screen after the progress bar fills up and then it doesn't go any farther.

Anyone know step by step how to customize the stock rom and put it back on the device?

Yay 4 Juggs 11-21-2009 01:02 PM

i have built a rom based off of the stock and it loaded perfectly. last time i got the particular white screen was when i had a bad ext or the xip was bad. I would suggest redumping the stock rom and starting over without any additions.

Maan76 11-21-2009 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevecn70 (Post 1349644)
Well, I spoke too soon, I left the checkmark out and it got to the "please wait while windows... etc." and then it just goes to a white screen after the progress bar fills up and then it doesn't go any farther.

Anyone know step by step how to customize the stock rom and put it back on the device?

I tried before you , and It did not work so ,I decided to use a kitchen ,I have build a ROM using SSK kitchen and I got AMAZINGLY FASSSSSSSSST 6.1 ROM running weather manila , I do not think any 6.5 ROM on the planet reaches the 6.1 Windows build in speed .

I will be the first thankful , if you can get it right . and I will be the first one to flash it , with no hesitation .......sprint stock is a beautiful fast snappy build that will never re occur.

Yay 4 Juggs 11-21-2009 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maan76 (Post 1349730)

I will be the first thankful , if you can get it right . and I will be the first one to flash it , with no hesitation .......sprint stock is a beautiful fast snappy build that will never re occur.

I wouldn't be so sure on that...although it doesn't look "stock" its base is completely stock...

Maan76 11-21-2009 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yay 4 Juggs (Post 1349780)
I wouldn't be so sure on that...although it doesn't look "stock" its base is completely stock...

heiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii I am flashing right now, I am pressing bootloader combos , and I just saw your thread , and I left you couple thanks here and there ! :) :))