PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Did your TP2 come with a 1GB card!? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=97113)

chronster 11-17-2009 03:57 PM

Did your TP2 come with a 1GB card!?

My Sprint TP2 didn't come with a 1GB microSD card like the TP1 did. The woman in a Sprint chat pointed out it's not in the contents list for a TP2, while it is for a TP1, and that's why, BUT, I've read a few people talk about the microSD card that came with their TP2.

So is this just a Sprint thing that they didn't include a microSD card? Seems completely unreasonable...

krohnjw 11-17-2009 03:58 PM

Re: Did your TP2 come with a 1GB card!?

Sprint NIB - no SD card

slopokdave 11-17-2009 03:59 PM

No card here...

Verizon is "giving" a 16gb with the Droid. Take note, Sprint.

dmb60614 11-17-2009 04:29 PM

i didnt get a card with my sprint tp2. i'd rather they not include one so i dont end up paying for something i already have.

skipster 11-17-2009 04:32 PM

VZW here. No card included.

subzero1313 11-17-2009 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slopokdave (Post 1337732)
No card here...

Verizon is "giving" a 16gb with the Droid. Take note, Sprint.

Yes because Sprint is responsible for what comes in the box from HTC.... sigh

chronster 11-17-2009 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmb60614 (Post 1337799)
i didnt get a card with my sprint tp2. i'd rather they not include one so i dont end up paying for something i already have.

We're paying 350 while AT&T has it for 300 and verizon has it for 200! I'd say we're paying for something irregardless lol.

Thanks for the replies guys.

meechieervin 11-17-2009 04:51 PM

im with sprint i didnt even get a screen protector

EpOxY 11-17-2009 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by meechieervin (Post 1337856)
im with sprint i didnt even get a screen protector

Did you look in the manual? Mine was hidden in there...

AZTECHKA 11-17-2009 05:09 PM

Sprint here... no card. 1gb would be insulting.
Thanks but no thanks.
My 3 year old son is running an 8gb card on my old HTC Touch... He watches movies and listens to music on it. Not even he could use a 1gb card.

p.

Ludacrisvp 11-17-2009 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by subzero1313 (Post 1337819)
Yes because Sprint is responsible for what comes in the box from HTC.... sigh

Well VZW had RIM include an 8gb card with the Storm, if I remember right the vodafone version of the storm did not have one. So I would think the carrier has more control than you think.
The carrier makes all kinds of decisions on what you get.

HTCotta 11-17-2009 05:16 PM

^True, see those sprint logos on the box? :mrgreen:

Dr.8820 11-17-2009 05:20 PM

my sprint tp2 came with a 16gb card. i took it out the tp that they were exchanging!

subzero1313 11-17-2009 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ludacrisvp (Post 1337911)
Well VZW had RIM include an 8gb card with the Storm, if I remember right the vodafone version of the storm did not have one. So I would think the carrier has more control than you think.
The carrier makes all kinds of decisions on what you get.

considering I work for the carrier, I KNOW they don't have much input....

digi 11-17-2009 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by subzero1313 (Post 1337972)
considering I work for the carrier, I KNOW they don't have much input....

Are you serious? You people that work for these carriers generally know **** about ****, as seen here.

And you're wrong, the carrier totally decides what accessories come in the box with the phone, just like they decide the features available on the phone, and the color scheme of the phone, even where they want to place their logo on the phone. It is not just coincidence that Verizon phones never get a case or a screen protector, while Alltel and Sprint phones do. And on the Titan, Vogue, and Herman and Victor, Sprint even gave the memory card.

I never like to make waves in a place like this, but it really gets to me when someone tries to be an arrogant know-it-all prick, and then be wrong to boot.

mswlogo 11-17-2009 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EpOxY (Post 1337878)
Did you look in the manual? Mine was hidden in there...

+1 it's in there.

chronster 11-17-2009 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by digi (Post 1338094)
Are you serious? You people that work for these carriers generally know **** about ****, as seen here.

And you're wrong, the carrier totally decides what accessories come in the box with the phone, just like they decide the features available on the phone, and the color scheme of the phone, even where they want to place their logo on the phone. It is not just coincidence that Verizon phones never get a case or a screen protector, while Alltel and Sprint phones do. And on the Titan, Vogue, and Herman and Victor, Sprint even gave the memory card.

I never like to make waves in a place like this, but it really gets to me when someone tries to be an arrogant know-it-all prick, and then be wrong to boot.

^this:headbang:

Adrianh85 11-17-2009 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chronster (Post 1338128)
^this:headbang:

^^^+1

also my verizon tp2 didnt come with a screen protector or sd card!! but im use to verizon phone rarly coming with extras!!

popularbelief420 11-17-2009 06:59 PM

2 Stylus , 1 screen protector , no SD card. I found some cheap ones as you can see by a few threads. I try to keep everyone up to date on the good sales. I'll keep you posted if you are dire need of one.

subzero1313 11-17-2009 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by digi (Post 1338094)

Youre right, GENERALLY. But I can guarantee you I'm not the general. And you can say whatever you want, what merits do you have? EVERYONE at Sprint, and HTC and nearly every other manufacturer has told me the same thing. So unless everyone is passing the buck, idk what to tell you

santod 11-17-2009 07:14 PM

The carriers do decide what comes in the box! Period!

My Motorola Q(back in its' day) from U.S. Cellular, came with an SD card (supposed to be 256 MB) they were out and including 512MB in the box instead! Also came with 2 batteries and an external charger for the second battery! They did not come that way from all carriers.

Not to mention the lack of a screen protector for us VZW TP2 users, as opposed to all other carrier TP2's. Do you really think HTC just hates Verizon and decided they didn't get one?:evil4: I doubt it! And headphones?

japper88 11-17-2009 07:22 PM

1GB microSD card? Don't they give those away when you order a happy meal? Wait I think a happy meal costs more? Am I old because I remember my first mp3 player only had 32MB... and a 32MB smartmedia card...

I am pretty sure the carriers decide what accessories come with the phone.
Tmobile came with a nice leather case.
Sprint came with a screen protector.
Verizon came with the international ac adapter plugs.
etc...

subzero1313 11-17-2009 07:23 PM

Just because other carriers got it doesnt mean jack. So HTC doesnt hate Verizon, but Verizon hates customers??? Because Verizon didnt include it? Yeah that makes much more sense....

santod 11-17-2009 07:26 PM

Actually, no Verizon loves their customers'(money)!!!!!

Think about it that way. They don't provide screen covers with most of their phones, why? Because they like to sell them!! Hellooooo???

But thanks for the snide reply anyway.

subzero1313 11-17-2009 07:28 PM

Oh so they love their customers so much they want to milk an extra $10 out of them...got it!

/snide +1

chronster 11-17-2009 07:50 PM

I think the lack of a screen protector with verizon's TP2 is more than enough evidence of carrier intervention.

Did any touch pro 1's NOT come with a 1GB microSD card?

santod 11-17-2009 08:01 PM

=D>
Quote:

Originally Posted by subzero1313 (Post 1338295)
Oh so they love their customers so much they want to milk an extra $10 out of them...got it!

/snide +1

Now you're gettin' it!

As I never said Verizon actually loves their customers!

digi 11-17-2009 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chronster (Post 1338358)
I think the lack of a screen protector with verizon's TP2 is more than enough evidence of carrier intervention.

Did any touch pro 1's NOT come with a 1GB microSD card?

Yes, only the Sprint version did, the Alltel and Verizon did not come with a card.

Subzero, I don't even know what else to say to you. You are being ridiculous. I think the answer here is clear that the carriers do decide what is put in the box. It has nothing to do with if they love/hate customers, it all has to do with money, period. Verizon is all about milking money from their customers, anyone with half a brain about the cell phone industry knows they are notorious for just that. They have a huge selection of Verizon branded accessories, and its not nickel and dime prices like you imply. The car chargers they sell are around $35, and people buy them all day long making huge profits for Verizon. I'm not sure on the prices of other items, but I know they sell expensive leather cases, screen protectors, and memory cards. When you take this coupled with the fact that they can either make more money selling the phone, or sell it for cheaper and undercut the competition like with the TP2, its clear why they would want to decide what comes in the box.

Hell forget the accessories debate, look at the hardware versions themselves! Verizon said they wanted a Diamond with a memory card slot, they got it. They said they wanted less RAM in the diamond and TP, they got it. Plus, if you look in the FM radio thread in the TP2 forum, their is an Email from HTC saying the carrier decides what they want or don't want in the phone.

meechieervin 11-17-2009 08:32 PM

i check the box like 10 times and i still couldnt find the screen protector i even called sprint and the lady said that it didnt come with one she had me look on the website to see what came with it and the screen protector wasnt listed i said screw it since i got the phone for 199

BeefJerky 11-17-2009 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by subzero1313 (Post 1338221)
Youre right, GENERALLY. But I can guarantee you I'm not the general. And you can say whatever you want, what merits do you have? EVERYONE at Sprint, and HTC and nearly every other manufacturer has told me the same thing. So unless everyone is passing the buck, idk what to tell you

LOL! Verizon had HTC *remove* RAM from the Touch Pro1. If that doesn't prove that the carriers have major input, I don't know what does...

dishe 11-17-2009 09:11 PM

Forget memory cards - they only started that a few device generations ago. I've been using HTC since the Wizard and Tornado, and EVERY device I've had since then came with a freaking carrying case and headphones.
Can you get better cases and buds aftermarket? Heck ya, but it always made the device seem like a classy buy because it came with everything you need to get started (save for perhaps a car charger). In other words, you didn't have to invest in accessories just to see if you liked the device like you do with everything else.

Memory card doesn't bother me- as others have already said, a 1GB is so negligible that I'm almost surprised anyone noticed it wasn't there. Sounds like some of you guys treat it like packing materials (Oh, look- there's a 1GB card here as a placeholder for my 16GB Sandisk. That's awful thoughtful of them to protect the card slot... ::throws away::).

What gets me is the lack of a case and wired headset (I know we can use standard earphones now, but something with a mic would be nice for taking on trips when BT Stereo isn't as practical to bring).

Especially since this marks the most expensive offering for a subsidized phone yet. Pay more, get less. Wonder why they chose to market it this way...