PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Storage Card as "Album" default (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=95904)

DaBrode 11-11-2009 01:58 AM

Storage Card as "Album" default

So I want to first say that I'm sure this is posted somewhere on these fine forums but my forum-fu search training must have been sub-par and thus is making me look bad. This is my first question I've had to ask and everything else has been a snap thanks to everyone's hard work here at PPCGeeks.

All that said...

I'm unable to find where I can select to have my "Photos and Videos" bookmark point to the designated folder on my storage card rather than the My Documents\My Pictures on the internal memory. Currently the bookmark reflects "No Photos Available".

I installed the cab that changes the Camera dump folder to be Storage Card\My Documents\My Pictures rather than the DCIM default.

Would you be kind enough to help me, help myself. ;-)

MrGoodCat 11-11-2009 02:08 AM

Re: Storage Card as "Album" default

hk current user\software\htc\manila

there will be a string value in there along the line of "wallpaper somethin" change the value from the "\mydocuments\..." to "Storage Card\..."

don't actually put in the ... haha

EDIT: i can make a cab for you if you supply me with the directory of your storage card that the files are in

for example mine is: \Storage Card\Backgrounds

DaBrode 11-11-2009 04:08 AM

Let me take a look at this and if I need the help I'll certainly reply. Thanks for the reply!

DaBrode 11-11-2009 04:25 AM

Ok so your direction resolved an aside that I hadn't considered yet but not the one I was actually inquiring about. I now have My default Wallpaper folder on my storage card, cool and thank you!

What I would like to accomplish is different however and I thought I detailed it well enough above but I'll re-word it in an attempt to be as clear as possible.

Basically I'd like to use the "Photos and Videos" (camera icon) bookmark within TF3D to open my \storage card\my documents\my pictures folder. It currently defaults to \my documents\my pictures.

apristel 11-11-2009 04:47 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Here ya go..

Install the picture save location cab and your pictures will save to /storage card/my documents/my pictures instead of DCIM, then you need to open your camera..goto the menu (the gear looking thing)...click advanced..goto page 2/5..then change storage to storage card.

Then goto your picture tab in touch flo..hit album..then albums..click storage card...then click my pictures. now hit menu and click "set album as favorite"...

now the touch flo tab will look to where your pictures are saved...just like you want.

and if you want or other ppl want
the other cab points your wallpaper setting in the tf3d tab to
\Storage Card\My Documents\My Wallpapers

-adam

dadoc04 11-11-2009 07:03 AM

^ comin thru in the clutch again.... thanks and props!

MrGoodCat 11-11-2009 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaBrode (Post 1318586)
Ok so your direction resolved an aside that I hadn't considered yet but not the one I was actually inquiring about. I now have My default Wallpaper folder on my storage card, cool and thank you!

What I would like to accomplish is different however and I thought I detailed it well enough above but I'll re-word it in an attempt to be as clear as possible.

Basically I'd like to use the "Photos and Videos" (camera icon) bookmark within TF3D to open my \storage card\my documents\my pictures folder. It currently defaults to \my documents\my pictures.

my bad. sorry it was late, my eyes must not have been communicating with my brain all that well. well at least you got the fix

DaBrode 11-11-2009 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by apristel (Post 1318608)
Here ya go..

*SNIP*

-adam

You sir have just been thanked! Perfect! Thanks a ton.

apristel 11-11-2009 06:34 PM

Glad it worked for ya.

I went thru that awhile ago, drove me nuts. :)

[sammich] 11-11-2009 06:56 PM

Holy crap. I have tried modifying the registry to fix this with no avail. This one works! Thanks :D