PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   LED blinking orange+green? What does this mean? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=94643)

gobmonster 11-04-2009 05:24 PM

LED blinking orange+green? What does this mean?

Im using the HTC wifi router with my TP2 hooked up to the wall charger. The phone is kinda warm, and the LED is blinking Orange and then Green back to back (like half a second intervals). I have no notifications. What does this mean?

Also, its charged to 100%.

Mr. X 11-04-2009 05:31 PM

Re: LED blinking orange+green? What does this mean?

Green is notification orange is charging

Frankiedog 11-04-2009 06:02 PM

Run!!!!!!!

MrBigKid 11-04-2009 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankiedog (Post 1298718)
Run!!!!!!!

ROFL

Thanks, I needed that....

MBK

AZTECHKA 11-04-2009 06:22 PM

Self destruct sequence has been initiated.
p.

rushco 11-04-2009 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gobmonster (Post 1298614)
Im using the HTC wifi router with my TP2 hooked up to the wall charger. The phone is kinda warm, and the LED is blinking Orange and then Green back to back (like half a second intervals). I have no notifications. What does this mean?

Also, its charged to 100%.

"Green is notification orange is charging"

It is notifying you that it is charging.

gTen 11-04-2009 08:35 PM

actually orange blinking is overheating..but don't worry it does that and then it will pause charging for a bit and charge in waves rather then 1 cycle to let the phone cool down..it wont be a previous gen devices where it stops charging or gets extremely got.

gobmonster 11-04-2009 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rushco (Post 1299017)
"green is notification orange is charging"

it is notifying you that it is charging.

lol!!!!

2kidz 01-02-2010 09:33 PM

mine is doing the same thing...did u ever get a SERIOUS response?

santod 01-02-2010 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gTen (Post 1299047)
actually orange blinking is overheating..but don't worry it does that and then it will pause charging for a bit and charge in waves rather then 1 cycle to let the phone cool down..it wont be a previous gen devices where it stops charging or gets extremely got.

This is the actual reason! It is caused from overheating!

[sammich] 01-02-2010 09:37 PM

Overheating makes sense... Try removing the battery door and airing the phone out a bit.

The self-destruct sequence flashes red twice, then blue once. (kidding, of course)

WhiteBlazer01 01-03-2010 01:37 AM

Wirelessly posted (HTC Touch Pro 2: Opera/9.80 (Windows Mobile; WCE; Opera Mobi/WMD-50286; U; en) Presto/2.4.13 Version/10.00)

If I ever need to charge mt phone, but it's kinda hot, I'll take off the battery cover, slide out the keyboard, tilt the screen, and let it charge face down. Kinda keeps it cooler.

I remember the TP1 used to overheat a lot... One time I was talking on the phone, and I put the phone in the freezer for a min! (probably not the best idea for the lcd, but whatever).

Rager02 01-03-2010 02:22 AM

green + orange means ur phone is over heated and has stopped charging you should unplug it.

Unknown Zone 01-03-2010 02:48 AM

I went ahead and looked at the online HTC manual, and these were the results of the LED status. The funny part it has no notification listed for a green+orange status.

But I would also have to agree something is going on with the battery/overheating if you have already checked notifications what would cause a flashing green LED status.

* The Notification LED shows a:
Flashing green light when there are new SMS, MMS or e-mail messages, missed calls, or reminders.
Solid green light when the device is connected to the power adapter or a computer and the battery is fully charged.
Solid amber light when the battery is being charged.
Flashing amber light when the remaining battery level reaches below 10% <-----had no idea about this status

slinkydoo1982 01-12-2010 08:32 PM

Confirmed. I was charging my phone in my warm office while monitoring my dog via orb webcam. Saw orange and green flashing like a police siren. picked up the phone and it was hotter than I have ever felt. Watch out people.

alifath1234 03-03-2010 10:32 AM

i was charging my phone 2 day ago, and listening to music and downloading a lot of mb from internet with wifi, and i putted it under my pillow

after about 2 or 3 hour i pulled it out and saw the orange and green blinking
my phone was like a fire stone, it had a very bad result, the lcd doesn't had touch sensitive anymore

after 2 hour the sensitivity came back, but the story didn't finish yet.

after that, every time i charge this phone, the lcd sensitivity goes off,and after i cool it down, sensitivity comes back

but now while i'm sending this message, the half of screen doesn't have any touch sense what is your suggestion for me???

lallen3 03-23-2010 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alifath1234 (Post 1603591)
i was charging my phone 2 day ago, and listening to music and downloading a lot of mb from internet with wifi, and i putted it under my pillow

my phone was like a fire stone, it had a very bad result, the lcd doesn't had touch sensitive anymore

after that, every time i charge this phone, the lcd sensitivity goes off,and after i cool it down, sensitivity comes back

but now while i'm sending this message, the half of screen doesn't have any touch sense what is your suggestion for me???

You over heated it. it's toast. Send for replacemernt :disgust:

sanjsrik 03-23-2010 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unknown Zone (Post 1457068)
I went ahead and looked at the online HTC manual, and these were the results of the LED status. The funny part it has no notification listed for a green+orange status.

But I would also have to agree something is going on with the battery/overheating if you have already checked notifications what would cause a flashing green LED status.

* The Notification LED shows a:
Flashing green light when there are new SMS, MMS or e-mail messages, missed calls, or reminders.
Solid green light when the device is connected to the power adapter or a computer and the battery is fully charged.
Solid amber light when the battery is being charged.
Flashing amber light when the remaining battery level reaches below 10% <-----had no idea about this status

What do people who are color blind do? This is relying on the fact that we can all see colors. And, yes, believe it or not some people have monochromatic vision.

gTen 03-23-2010 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alifath1234 (Post 1603591)

You should not do that...for 2 reasons..

1) never place a device that exhaust heat in a closed space..this causes the heat to build up and can actually lead to damage.

2) I am not one for advocating radiation from phone's harm mostly to the head..but while it is minor, you shouldn't risk long time exposure if you don't have to.

piranah 03-23-2010 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gTen (Post 1653235)
You should not do that...for 2 reasons..

1) never place a device that exhaust heat in a closed space..this causes the heat to build up and can actually lead to damage.

2) I am not one for advocating radiation from phone's harm mostly to the head..but while it is minor, you shouldn't risk long time exposure if you don't have to.

but then how can we stop the voices in our head?

yea, its overheating, not as bad as the TP tho

cglenn1045 03-23-2010 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2kidz (Post 1456445)
mine is doing the same thing...did u ever get a SERIOUS response?

I had the same issue this weekend. My phone was burning hot while it was flashing green\orange. I soft reset it and it resolved the problem.

taka21 01-25-2011 09:17 PM

my brand new tp2 is doing this and not charging but its cold not hot
any suggestions?

eric12341 01-25-2011 09:55 PM

my tp2 was doing that till i did the following:

1) had sprint replace my battery
2)uninstalled nueBattery and avoided roms that had such driver

quick99si 01-26-2011 08:41 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I just got this a couple of hours ago it was because it was burning hot. The phone was busy doing some stuff, charging, with wifi on, and under my pillow by accident lol

The battery was at 51 degrees celsius.

It returned to normal when it cooled off to 46 degrees C. During this time, the charge input was disabled, and it was re-enabled at the same time that the orange/green light turned off. All information gathered from Battery Monitor included below.

danhux 01-26-2011 10:14 AM

I'm for the charging or over charging, i'm not a fan of letting them sit plugged in to the wall all day and night.

dtrush 01-26-2011 10:18 AM

This happens to my phone all the time. When I have the GPS on for 20 or 30 minutes, have been on the phone, and the phone is sitting on my active computer while traveling in the car it does this. I just have to disconnect and wait till I don't need to use all features at the same time. The phone gets really hot.

quick99si 01-26-2011 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dtrush (Post 2044982)
This happens to my phone all the time. When I have the GPS on for 20 or 30 minutes, have been on the phone, and the phone is sitting on my active computer while traveling in the car it does this. I just have to disconnect and wait till I don't need to use all features at the same time. The phone gets really hot.

Check your battery temperature next time using the program in my post above. You can also remove the battery cover to facilitate passive cooling while keeping the screen off and phone face down.

Back in the TP days, people were putting fans on them or stuffing the phones in their freezers. They got ridiculously hot when doing any sort of internet sharing while plugged in.

Exit24 01-26-2011 12:02 PM

http://southparkstudios-intl.mtvnima....jpg?width=480

Human Eradication Mode