PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   So will unlocking be free one day? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=94091)

garyflynn 11-02-2009 02:08 AM

So will unlocking be free one day?

Or will it require a license forever?

psycho_maniac 11-02-2009 02:16 AM

Re: So will unlocking be free one day?

the license is free so whats the deal? this is to prevent ppl from making money on what they developers work hard on.

rushco 11-02-2009 02:27 AM

What unlocking are you talking about?

ACHlLLES 11-02-2009 02:38 AM

If you are talking about the sim unlock, I think it be more productive to work for an hour (probably less for many people) and pay for the unlock sim.

Alksion 11-02-2009 02:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ACHlLLES (Post 1289146)
If you are talking about the sim unlock, I think it be more productive to work for an hour (probably less for many people) and pay for the unlock sim.

Deserved a thanks... funny stuff

ifiwasperfect 11-02-2009 03:17 AM

how ungrateful and cheap are you??
the unlock is nothing but 20 bucks...but your paid a pretty penny for your device im sure (well some of us)

some people are happy to donate more then that.

jdmtsx 11-02-2009 03:35 AM

](*,) will everything be free one day?

lallen3 11-02-2009 04:26 AM

the unlocker will get cracked like everything else. It sucks but it's true. Adobe has big money in their security, and they get cracked with each new SW release. All the license feature is going to do is 1, slow down the cracking (maybe), and 2, make it to where I cannot flash my 2 friends phones from my computer. I wish there was a way for it to be secure, such as pulling each phone's esn meid, etc, but then there's another security risk. No good answer to this problem, I fear :/

gTen 11-02-2009 04:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lallen3 (Post 1289291)
the unlocker will get cracked like everything else. It sucks but it's true. Adobe has big money in their security, and they get cracked with each new SW release. All the license feature is going to do is 1, slow down the cracking (maybe), and 2, make it to where I cannot flash my 2 friends phones from my computer. I wish there was a way for it to be secure, such as pulling each phone's esn meid, etc, but then there's another security risk. No good answer to this problem, I fear :/

My guess is the unlocker already pulls the meid/esn when you connect it..either that or some other id like mac or etc..either way an ID is definitely pulled when doing the license.

marcus_cruz 11-02-2009 06:12 AM

Unlocking what ? What are we talking bout ? Sim, SPL , S2U ? <---LOL !

lallen3 11-02-2009 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marcus_cruz (Post 1289379)
Unlocking what ? What are we talking bout ? Sim, SPL , S2U ? <---LOL !

S2U =D> LOL! I meant spl, of course ;)