PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Animated weather home screen fun! (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=93946)

fishingmedic 11-01-2009 01:59 PM

Re: Animated weather home screen fun!

The mightyROM can do it. I just did it on my TP2 that's flashed to Mighty. I'm only seeing sun, clouds, snow and rain/lightning though.

WhiteBlazer01 11-01-2009 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fishingmedic (Post 1286515)
The mightyROM can do it. I just did it on my TP2 that's flashed to Mighty. I'm only seeing sun, clouds, snow and rain/lightning though.

What else do you want to see? Is there supposed to be more? (We're talking about the weather tab demo I assume)

Malatesta 11-01-2009 02:01 PM

I had to soft-reset after I switched to Default wallpaper to get the animations to show, just throwing that out there...

Locking/Unlocking seems to trigger the animations.

WhiteBlazer01 11-01-2009 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Malatesta (Post 1286526)
Locking/Unlocking seems to trigger the animations.

Also, just hitting the end button will trigger them as well.

fishingmedic 11-01-2009 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteBlazer01 (Post 1286525)
What else do you want to see? Is there supposed to be more? (We're talking about the weather tab demo I assume)

Nothing more, I could have sworn someone mentioned 8 annimations... but just went back and can't find the comment... I need to lay off the booze until later in the day!!! I'm using HD walls and still get the animations like the windshield wipers and the sun appears to shimmer when loading initially, are there additional animations after the first couple of seconds that are not working due to HD walls?

ville2000 11-01-2009 02:10 PM

The quickest way to get them to animate is by pressing the status link in the upper right hand coner of the screen where it tell you whats open and press it again I sit there and do it a few times just to satisfy my taste of them, I want to find somewhere where theres a storm so I can see the lighting

ville2000 11-01-2009 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fishingmedic (Post 1286549)
Nothing more, I could have sworn someone mentioned 8 annimations... but just went back and can't find the comment... I need to lay off the booze until later in the day!!! I'm using HD walls and still get the animations like the windshield wipers and the sun appears to shimmer when loading initially, are there additional animations after the first couple of seconds that are not working due to HD walls?

wait til the weather changes or add a location to where you want to see a paticular weather effect, can you see the clouds and things filling up the screen

Weather animations
1 cloudy(clouds scroll by)
2 partly cloudy(sun glimmer and clouds scroll)
3 Windy(leaves blowing by)
4 Snowing(frost in the corner etc.)
5 Raining(mist, then windshield, then raining in background)
6 Strorm(The best one, it storms on your home screen with lighting)
7 Sunny (Sun Glimmer)

That is all(at night moon in place of the sun)

fishingmedic 11-01-2009 02:14 PM

HD Walls does stop some of the animations... you don't get the sunbeams showing with it.

WhiteBlazer01 11-01-2009 02:33 PM

RIGHT NOW Jakarta has partly sunny with THUNDERSTORMS!! Check it out!!

Elite Precision 11-01-2009 02:43 PM

hanoi and da nang vietnam have frequent thunderstorms