PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Question about the keyboard sliding (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=93547)

downtick 10-30-2009 01:54 PM

Question about the keyboard sliding

I just got the TP2 like 2 days ago. It seems there is a piece of plastic on each side when you slide the keyboard open. I have opened it and shut it maybe 20 times so far and now the sticky piece of plastic on each side is starting to fold up. It is now preventing me from closing the keyboard. Anyone know if it is ok to remove these 2 pieces of what appears to be tape from each side? I removed them from my 2 sides completely, as I had no choice. Anyone know?

HTCotta 10-30-2009 01:55 PM

Re: Question about the keyboard sliding

You're fine, that's packaging.

rushco 10-30-2009 01:55 PM

Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.7 (WindowsMobile; PPC; Opera Mobi/35267; U; en; Presto/2.1.1))

Remove them. Also there is one on the back of the screen.

meatgel 10-30-2009 01:56 PM

I took them off ... I considered it part of the packing for shipment.

Spiderman313 10-30-2009 01:57 PM

I took them off too. Its nothing serious.

downtick 10-30-2009 02:01 PM

I don't think it is packaging. I know my old ppc-6800 had them too. I removed them eventually and then I had problems with the keyboard shortly after. If it were packaging, I would think HTC would tell you to remove them. In any event, they are gone now..Just hope I don't have any keyboard issues as a result. This thing is brand new and I know sprint would not hesitate to send a refurb my way for a replacement in the event of issues.

GrandMasterB 10-30-2009 02:37 PM

It is packaging thats why they leave the little tabs sticking of the side so you can easily pull them off and also why they are just barely sticky enough to make it through shipping let alone stay on during use.

Any how I saved mine. I always save the packaging for resale purposes ;)

AZTECHKA 10-30-2009 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by downtick (Post 1279119)
I don't think it is packaging. I know my old ppc-6800 had them too. I removed them eventually and then I had problems with the keyboard shortly after. If it were packaging, I would think HTC would tell you to remove them. In any event, they are gone now..Just hope I don't have any keyboard issues as a result. This thing is brand new and I know sprint would not hesitate to send a refurb my way for a replacement in the event of issues.

did you see the size of your user manual... They even offer a pdf file for instructions. They can't possibly list every step you need to unpack your phone... I didn't see anywhere instructions about removing the rubberbands from my charger cable either. But somehow I figured it out. The OP's question is legit. It has thrown several of us. I think the color of the phone and the plastic make it look like they belong there. However, they are the same plastic that comes on your camera lens. It's packing.
lol.
sorry to flame you.
p.

DarkManX4lf 10-30-2009 02:45 PM

You can take the plastic piece off. The only problem is after alot of sliding the keyboard you will start to see scratch lines in that area.

wesscoggin 10-30-2009 02:48 PM

it's the anti buggin device...now the NSA IRS ICE CIA FBI will be able to watch you pee.