PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   screen brightness no effect on battery life? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=93247)

Rager02 10-29-2009 03:58 AM

screen brightness no effect on battery life?

well in my experience with the tp2 it doesnt matter how long ive been on stand by or how bright or how low brightness of screen is i will still get about 4 hours of device use.anyone experience this?give your opinion i used low brightness (currently pretty high) and still get about same battery power.

Dragon2 10-29-2009 04:03 AM

Re: screen brightness no effect on battery life?

i believe backlight is a huge battery hog. The lower for me the longer i get. I see about 8 to 10 hours of constant usage outta my battery, if my backlight was almost all the way up id probably only get about 6. About a 25% decrease id say.......... So IMO backlight is a big factor on battery.....

Rager02 10-29-2009 04:06 AM

weird ive tried both low and high brightness and seems i get the same effect on battery

w7excursion 10-29-2009 04:22 AM

Lower=longer lasting charge, for me.

swoope 10-29-2009 04:38 AM

if you are getting only 4 hrs. you are always using everything at the same time for the 4 hours.. or you have a bigger issue!!

just stating the obvious..

beers

eman 10-29-2009 07:27 AM

I forgot what program I have used in the past, but it showed you the power consumption at any given point. When the backlight was raised up, it definitely showed more power being used at that time.......

Dragon2 10-29-2009 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eman (Post 1274438)
I forgot what program I have used in the past, but it showed you the power consumption at any given point. When the backlight was raised up, it definitely showed more power being used at that time.......

its called arelasBatteryMeter.... Yes your right, idling with 0 programs open and brightness set to 2 ticks from the lowest it idles at a discharge rate of 60 MA, with the brightness turned up its at 150MA, So clearly its alot of battery. With most programs open and my brightness down to 2 from the bottom, I discharge at about 300MA, with brighness up it idles at like 400MA, so yes.

Confirmed brightness does effect your battery current.

rafyrod 10-29-2009 12:01 PM

since i got the tp2, i been using the backlight sensor and the battery is lasting me close to 2 days.....

i got the normal programs on it and those free one on the windows market...

cbreze 10-29-2009 01:41 PM

I keep mine as bright as I can get it and my battery lasts all day
with juice left over. Good enough.

AZTECHKA 10-29-2009 01:45 PM

I get really good battery life and I leave mine on the auto adjust. I like showing off that feature and I feel a get a pretty good result. I hate not being able to see my screen cuz it's too dim and I hate wasting battery in dark situations. I like it. So should you. lol.
seriously. I like it though. lol.
p.