PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   HELP! Sprint TP2 just lost internet for no reason! (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=93223)

darkostoj 10-28-2009 11:33 PM

HELP! Sprint TP2 just lost internet for no reason!

don't know what happened. I got the phone a week ago and installed a bunch of cab's and everything was working fine....then the internet just stopped working. I installed the cleanup cab thats stickied and a bunch of other programs. Internet doesnt work with any of the programs, and i can't even get wifi to work...could somebody please help me? I've done multiple soft resets with no luck, and i dont want to do a hard reset unless i have to since i got so many cabs installed.

quezpr123 10-28-2009 11:36 PM

Re: HELP! Sprint TP2 just lost internet for no reason!

[QUOTE=darkostoj;1273910]don't know what happened. I got the phone a week ago and installed a bunch of cab's and everything was working fine....then the internet just stopped working. I installed the cleanup cab thats stickied and a bunch of other programs. Internet doesnt work with any of the programs, and i can't even get wifi to work...could somebody please help me? I've done multiple soft resets with no luck, and i dont want to do a hard reset unless i have to since i got so many cabs installed.[/QUOTE

Save all the cabs you installed on a folder on your PC...then Hard Reset your device....then copy the cabs over....then do it all over again when ur internet stops working :-$

darkostoj 10-28-2009 11:48 PM

[QUOTE=quezpr123;1273917]
Quote:

Originally Posted by darkostoj (Post 1273910)
don't know what happened. I got the phone a week ago and installed a bunch of cab's and everything was working fine....then the internet just stopped working. I installed the cleanup cab thats stickied and a bunch of other programs. Internet doesnt work with any of the programs, and i can't even get wifi to work...could somebody please help me? I've done multiple soft resets with no luck, and i dont want to do a hard reset unless i have to since i got so many cabs installed.[/QUOTE

Save all the cabs you installed on a folder on your PC...then Hard Reset your device....then copy the cabs over....then do it all over again when ur internet stops working :-$

so this is a common problem?

insomniac 10-28-2009 11:55 PM

try uninstalling ea. cab one by one to see if any of those are causing probs. i have the sprint version, and had the same issue as you after disabling the htc push internet using dot fred tm, and boiled it down to having the pie cache on the storage vard, and once i changed that reg edit back to the device, i was able to update profile, and data was working again. i think it might be something with the sprint tp2, but don't know if this common amongst the sprint tp2 users.

bobturismo 10-29-2009 12:11 AM

did you try activating the internet connection through the communications settings manager?

goto settings, communications, and click on the little slider next to "Data Connection"

isleepy1 10-29-2009 12:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darkostoj (Post 1273910)
don't know what happened. I got the phone a week ago and installed a bunch of cab's and everything was working fine....then the internet just stopped working. I installed the cleanup cab thats stickied and a bunch of other programs. Internet doesnt work with any of the programs, and i can't even get wifi to work...could somebody please help me? I've done multiple soft resets with no luck, and i dont want to do a hard reset unless i have to since i got so many cabs installed.

Have you restored ur contact list with spb backup?

railslave 10-29-2009 12:23 AM

go to start-settings-update profile see if that does it before u wipe ur phone

darkostoj 10-29-2009 12:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobturismo (Post 1273988)
did you try activating the internet connection through the communications settings manager?

goto settings, communications, and click on the little slider next to "Data Connection"

did that and nothing...wont even work on wifi

Quote:

Originally Posted by isleepy1 (Post 1273999)
Have you restored ur contact list with spb backup?

yep

Quote:

Originally Posted by railslave (Post 1274012)
go to start-settings-update profile see if that does it before u wipe ur phone

i did that and it said it updated, but it still doesnt work

webdude12 10-29-2009 12:49 AM

I know in the Nashville market Sprint's DNS servers have been down for the past 24+ hours... I havent called sprint yet, but I have confirmed this by visiting IP addresses from the web browser, and changing my email server to its IP address...

isleepy1 10-29-2009 01:28 AM

Have you ran wifirouter? I had this problem after restoring contacts with spb and running wifirouter, a hard reset was required to fix the problem, I'm guessing there's a bug between these programs. check this thread out. http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=92827

No solutions in it unfortunatly, but your not the only one this has happened too.