PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   AT&T's Tilt 2 Browser Can Play Embedded Youtube Videos? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=93117)

deadwrong03 10-28-2009 12:29 PM

AT&T's Tilt 2 Browser Can Play Embedded Youtube Videos?

http://www.phonearena.com/htmls/HTC-...ew-r_2297.html

theres a video at the bottom of the page and around the 3:18 mark it says they can play embedded youtube videos on their browser...

and their using internet explorer. Also how do they get those onscreen icons in their internet explorer? i could have sworn i had those same icons on my internet explorer but i no longer have them?

is there a way we can play embedded videos in our browsers (internet explorer and the stock opera that comes loaded with the tp2)

i know skyfire is out there but if this is functional on the opera or ie browsers that would be better

Malatesta 10-28-2009 12:35 PM

Re: AT&T's Tilt 2 Browser Can Play Embedded Youtube Videos?

Yes. IE6 in Desktop mode I believe had Flashlite to allow YouTube playback. The buttons at the bottom are because it is running IE6+ on WM6.5; the WM6.1 version does not have that feature.

You can also install FixOpera Flash at XDA to do this in Opera 9.5+

BOO B) 10-28-2009 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Malatesta (Post 1271949)
Yes. IE6 in Desktop mode I believe had Flashlite to allow YouTube playback. The buttons at the bottom are because it is running IE6+ on WM6.5; the WM6.1 version does not have that feature.

Do you have a link for the fixopera flash? What is your favorite browser...I know you have tried them all!

BOO B)

shong6 10-28-2009 12:46 PM

Quote:

deleted

Malatesta 10-28-2009 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BOO B) (Post 1271962)
Do you have a link for the fixopera flash? What is your favorite browser...I know you have tried them all!

BOO B)

I'm okay with Opera 9.5/9.7 on TP2. The Flash Fix works well but...lets face it, the 528mHz cpu is showing its age when you try to run flash on here. This is where Snapdragon will make a huge difference.

For non-VGA I like Skyfire and for mobile sites, the new IE6 is fine.

I use different browsers for different functions basically, but on TP2 pretty much just Opera Mobile.

BOO B) 10-28-2009 01:16 PM

Which version of opera mobile and is it the all in one cab?

BOO B)

deadwrong03 10-28-2009 03:22 PM

Quote:

so i can install fixopera flash and it will work in ie and opera? is there anyway to get the new ie thats on the tilt 2?

Herbal954 10-28-2009 03:32 PM

i would just use the HTC youtube player...i think the quality is amazing actually. If you want to do it through a browser you can always use skyfire

bobturismo 10-28-2009 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Herbal954 (Post 1272534)
i would just use the HTC youtube player...i think the quality is amazing actually. If you want to do it through a browser you can always use skyfire

alot of the content is blocked from being used on mobile youtube, application and in browser. There are videos that I can only watch in desktop youtube, not even the mobile web page.

Herbal954 10-28-2009 03:46 PM

ah i see, might wanna give skyfire a shot...i use it to watch break.com videos on the go