PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   I give (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=92792)

freeza 10-26-2009 08:53 PM

Re: I give

Because the Touch Pro2 is such a useless phone without a HSPL, it means you have to "leave" the scene because you don't have one yet. That's smart.

Does your phone ring when you get calls?
Does your phone notify you of text messagers?
Does your phone's internet work?
Does the Stock ROM perform just fine?

If you've answered yes to all of those questions then you should just be quiet and wait.

Was the HSPL promised when or before you purchased your phone? No.

What if all ROM chefs decided to go on strike the minute the HSPL was released, then you'd shift your anger from the Elite Team to the ROM chefs because you can't flash a ROM on your device. Your future actually lies with more than just the Elite Team you know. The wait for the perfect ROM will continue long after the HSPL is released, and just because it isn't out now doesn't mean it that when it DOES come out, flawless ROMs will instantly become available.

jathomas0910 10-26-2009 08:55 PM

WOW...people are really getting mad

jathomas0910 10-26-2009 08:56 PM

it will come out soon enough..lol, I am just going to play with the touch pro 1 till then...I got enough phones to play with

amlavor 10-26-2009 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mike20pr (Post 1267481)
sever control and limit downloads??? wow

this has gone too far, i remember when we geeks band together to make our devices better and enjoy hacking it cuz it was what we loved to do....

seems like what they care most is donations and money not just them but some cooks also (you know who you are....) not the love of the sport and goodwill towards the community, its sad really...

I know i might get in trouble for this (even though this is still America last time i checked and freedom of speech is still aright.....) But IMO the unlocker must have been done long ago and they still milk the donations as much as they can...

good luck to all of you honestly...

control it, wont ever work....
even though they create an unlocker for each single device...

Johnson1566 10-26-2009 08:56 PM

maybe someone will unlock their unlocker and then we can post that!!

DV8 10-26-2009 09:00 PM

This is ridiculous my phone is fine like it is I just want to go to 6.5 so all I want is the HSPL I could care less about the sim unlocker, and I am willing to wait.

WireX 10-26-2009 09:01 PM

I for one happily donated to the team, and would happily pay them for their work if they ever required it.

I think you don't realize they are out to control their code to prevent people from making money off of it by selling unlocks to less informed users.

It it them out for money? No, it's them trying to protect their hard work and investment. If you can do better, go for it. I have a pretty good understanding of the process and concepts, and that doesn't mean in a million years I could do what they do.

Lock and close the thread, ban the man, and carry on. People need to relax and enjoy the great things that come out of the community.

zulu 10-26-2009 09:02 PM

Wow. SMH....

Really? This thread was necessary? I mean, really? It's really beginning to feel like there are a small number of people here who just need to take their Ritalin.

Skelator03 10-26-2009 09:03 PM

Lock er down.......?

SSGMayo 10-26-2009 09:05 PM

All this anger about the server and waiting for the unlocker. I have never actually unlocked one of my phones and am really looking forward to doing so. However I do understand the people on the Elite Team have put a great amount of personal time and effort into helping the community unlock their devices, and they rightly don't want their hard work to be misused. Imagine you put all this time and effort into something and give it away for free and then someone takes your work and bastardizes and *****s it out for profit. I do not for a second believe that they are holding out for more donations and I do beleave that they deserve donations if their product is well received. I for one have not donated yet, I will donate when the product is released and show my gratitude after I've had a chance to use the product.

If you always look for the worst in people that is all you will ever see. I personally don't jump to unfounded conclusions because I don't get my way. Additionally all the ruckus around here has been caused because people are being impatient, "If it was easy it wouldn't be a virtue". I also understand it is the internet however that doesn't give you the right to be an a$$ hat to everyone that doesn't act or do exactly what you want.

And yes I'm a lurker, that's because I don't open my mouth/type crap unless I have something to say.