PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Tellme Installer!!! (extracted from Samsung Intrepid) (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=92493)

lefty11 10-25-2009 08:47 PM

Re: Tellme Installer!!! (extracted from Samsung Intrepid)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chow22 (Post 1264339)
anyone have any luck on a diamond? I am running mighty 6.5. I am able to install tell me though when I run the app nothing happens

Not sure if this will help but if you have it installed and it does not seem to be working, make sure you have VoiceCommand disabled if you are running that app. Go to "settings" , "personal" , and look for voice command. If you have it, open and see if "enabled" is checked, if it is, remove the check.

railslave 10-25-2009 09:09 PM

i dont think all of the features are going to work on the tp2 such as bluetooth, this app is disigned exclusively for the samsung phone it came off of. the touchscreen works on the tp because the screen size is about the same as the sam. just as long as the speech to text works, im more then happy till a ver for our phone comes out.

supdawg 10-25-2009 10:43 PM

not working for me... installed it.. but when I try to run the program nothing happens.

Chow22 10-25-2009 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lefty11 (Post 1264382)
Not sure if this will help but if you have it installed and it does not seem to be working, make sure you have VoiceCommand disabled if you are running that app. Go to "settings" , "personal" , and look for voice command. If you have it, open and see if "enabled" is checked, if it is, remove the check.

I completely removed voice command yet still no luck.

chronster 10-25-2009 11:27 PM

well it installed on my stock sprint tp2, but touch response does not work at all.

CanHasDIY 10-26-2009 01:48 AM

Very awesome, works great on my tp. Thanks a million!

MRVIZZIATO 10-26-2009 03:13 AM

so I've managed to get this to work on my htc tilt 2 but for some reason I can never make it transcribe a text for me...all's I get its transcribing then refining and then finally it says "Can't access mobile network" which for the life of me I dont know what that means b/c I have a network connection...the only thing that does seem to work is when I ask it to call someone...I cant even ask it to look up a movie time...anyone else having this issue and maybe someone can offer some help?? I have disabled Microsoft voice command and im using a cooked wm6.5 rom w/tf3d v2.5

dallastx 10-26-2009 04:29 AM

Ok works but you really have to have touchscreen for some features....If i say text "mother: it may bring up two names that have mother....Mother and Grandmother..or maybe to Mikes..Mike G or Mike P..You have to have the touchscreen to work to select which name..You cant use the keyboard and press enter..I assume that goes for other features like movies and etc...I don't know....That's just what i got so far on my phone.....Anyone found away around that?

brevi 10-26-2009 10:19 AM

FYI,
Works fine on my Touch HD running wm6.5 with voice command in the background. Touch works. I just had to make sure I installed the netcf 3.5. The only issue is that it's kind of slow with some graphical errors when it ask you to speak... nothing major. I'm just saying this bc someone said the other phones' screens might be too big or voice command is causing it not to work properly.

saidin69 10-26-2009 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brevi (Post 1265535)
FYI,
Works fine on my Touch HD running wm6.5 with voice command in the background. Touch works. I just had to make sure I installed the netcf 3.5. The only issue is that it's kind of slow with some graphical errors when it ask you to speak... nothing major. I'm just saying this bc someone said the other phones' screens might be too big or voice command is causing it not to work properly.

Mine just keeps getting to 72% then says there was a problem starting Tellme.
I have a Verizon TP2.

MultiMatt 10-26-2009 10:41 AM

Just for the record, I am using a Sprint Touch Pro2, and it works, but sometimes sluggishly. If I try to edit a transcribed text message, it won't let me, and then the app freezes up.

Voice Command won't work since I installed Tellme. First noticed it on the way into work today - I usually call JOTT and listen to JOTT Feeds on the way in. Noticed that I couldn't activate Voice Command with my Jawbone headset like I usually do. Tried pressing-and-holding the Send key on my TP2 and no response either. A soft-reset once I got to work did not help.

I went ahead and turned off VC so I can continue playing with Tellme in it's current state. I look forward to the fully functional app being released for the TP2, and hope that VC and Tellme will be able to work in harmony.

It's very interesting to hear of the variances in the way this works on everyone's different devices! Funny how some apps are universal, and others seem to have a unique installation file for every model of device, this being one of the latter...

shappy0869 10-26-2009 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MultiMatt (Post 1265580)
It's very interesting to hear of the variances in the way this works on everyone's different devices! Funny how some apps are universal, and others seem to have a unique installation file for every model of device, this being one of the latter...

Perhaps this is why we have not seen it roll out on more units?

MultiMatt 10-26-2009 10:58 AM

Makes me wonder (from a non-developer point of view) what it is that's so different in an app that requires a unique build for every model of device. I mean, I know there's screen size & resolution to take into account, but otherwise, what else?

oldpueblo 10-26-2009 10:59 AM

Maybe some are just getting bad downloads.

aggiematt1 10-26-2009 11:43 AM

Help installing

My CF install gets an Error 3. "please close all apps to free up memory and restart".

I am not running anything and I have 45% free rom. I assume it has not installed becasue after the Tellme has installed, the app does nothing when I click it.

animez 10-26-2009 11:47 AM

Wow, word on this spread pretty quick;

http://pocketnow.com/software-1/tell...-now-available

http://www.wmexperts.com/tellme-ripp...windows-phones

Malatesta 10-26-2009 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by animez (Post 1265715)

It helps that I have a TP2 and try to keep you guys in line :joker:

aleis 10-26-2009 12:11 PM

this sucks that it doesnt work on my omnia :(

lefty11 10-26-2009 12:26 PM

I installed this on a friends Sprint Touch(Vogue) , He actually installed fine , and the touch controls work, but needed to install Net cf 3.5 ,,Problem with installation, I got the Error 3 that another poster got(storage memory error that made no sense) and could not finish the Net CF installation. If anyone has gotten this/ or fixed this error, please post.

iclickjohn 10-26-2009 01:03 PM

Omnia w/ 6.5 ROM from Evidence.
Downloaded tellme.exe into "my storage" Tap to install.
Did in fact install exe w/ icon into my apps.
touch screen works. voice works.
It will only accept commands to call someone or text someone.
Can't bring up internet. I need to go outside to see if it needs a GPS for these items.
hold on, I'm going outside for a minute. . . .
OK, I'm back after 10 MINUTES!!!
Playing with this flawless app. Yes, once I got a GPS signal everything worked. Searched for drug store. A pleasant lady's voice repeated my command and then went to Bing online and gave me a list of local drug stores. It found my business. I asked it to find hotels in Traverse City, MI. It did. I asked for local weather. It did. I couldn't figure how to get stock quotes.
Somehow I've got it 100% working on my Omnia.

macaroo 10-26-2009 01:15 PM

installed on touch pro (raphael) fine it seems. haven't played too much with it.. sound kinda funny with me talking to myself in the cubicle.
using photon 6.5 standard from energyRom.

aleis 10-26-2009 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iclickjohn (Post 1265941)
Omnia w/ 6.5 ROM from Evidence.
Downloaded tellme.exe into "my storage" Tap to install.
Did in fact install exe w/ icon into my apps.
touch screen works. voice works.
Somehow I've got it 100% working on my Omnia.

i am extremely jealous of you! :)
on my way to download into my storage.
no such luck...
i`ll just wait until someone loads that 23081 rom then try again :)

timtlm 10-26-2009 01:38 PM

Thanks OP. Works great on my diamond running on 6.5 using Calkulin's kitchen. Installed fine, and the touch screen works.

pixelwix 10-26-2009 02:01 PM

damit not fair... i still can't get it to work on my tp2.... all the roms i've tried have netcf 3.7 built in :(

kev.schu 10-26-2009 02:08 PM

Yeah, can't get this working on my Imagio. When I run the .exe to install first thing it says is "there was a problem starting Tellme. Try again later".

*edit*

Weird, I got this error while I was connected to my PC with activesync. After un-connecting from my PC it installed up to 72% but then gave me the same error.

demonlordoftheround 10-26-2009 02:15 PM

Installs and runs on Titan running 6.5 build 23016. Memory use is not that bad. Recognition is only about 25% successful. Will keep playing with it. Thanks!

phullofphil 10-26-2009 02:18 PM

working great for omnia 910

thr0ttles 10-26-2009 02:33 PM

not working on HTC Titan (vzw xv6800) under WM6.5.1 (23420). Gets to about 80% install and then craps out. Installs a shortcut in the Start Menu and when you click that, nothing happens except getting booted to the Today screen.

megagprime 10-26-2009 02:35 PM

deadly

Adrianh85 10-26-2009 02:37 PM

works on my tp2!! well it runs just cant get it to understand anything i say yet!! but i havent played with it much yet so i will do more testing

Young_breedent 10-26-2009 02:55 PM

took em longer enough to extract it

AMcCarthy 10-26-2009 02:58 PM

I tried installing this on my Fuze and it seems to be a no go. gets to 72 percent and I get the same install error message everyone else seems to get. I tried installing the net framework and even disabled voice command.... nothing

dallastx 10-26-2009 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adrianh85 (Post 1266301)
works on my tp2!! well it runs just cant get it to understand anything i say yet!! but i havent played with it much yet so i will do more testing

Speak slowly and very clear....Also if it guesses two names or has a doubt, your out of luck...You have to start over....Ex..."Did you say Ryan or Bryan"...You have to use the touch interface..But since touch doesn't work on TP2 the best way to correct this is to put last names on your contacts...

AMcCarthy 10-26-2009 03:07 PM

Do we know if this is dependant on running WM 6.5? I'm trying to install it on my Fuze running the newest official ROM from ATT so... windows 6.1.

dallastx 10-26-2009 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AMcCarthy (Post 1266403)
Do we know if this is dependant on running WM 6.5? I'm trying to install it on my Fuze running the newest official ROM from ATT so... windows 6.1.

Alot of people with ATT are having problems with this app...It works for most Touch Pro and Touch Pro 2 users with 6.1. Just not fully functional on TP2.

ace741 10-26-2009 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by macaroo (Post 1265990)
installed on touch pro (raphael) fine it seems. haven't played too much with it.. sound kinda funny with me talking to myself in the cubicle.
using photon 6.5 standard from energyRom.

What version of Photon are you running?

Yibrushn 10-26-2009 03:37 PM

Hey guys I got it working on my Touch Pro on sprint. I copied the exe to my internal storage. when I tried to install form the sd card it would just close at 72%-85%. The Dpad works for selecting stuff when the touch screen fails. hope that helps.
BTW I'm running on the updated stock Rom with cf3.5 installed

acontrasto 10-26-2009 03:41 PM

Sprint Vogue (CDMA HTC Touch) here with NFSFANs WM6.5 v16 Build 23001.

Tellme installed fine. Touch screen also works perfectly.

I can't get it to recognize any voice command no matter how clearly or slowly I speak. Soft reset after tellme install doesn't help. I've also disabled MS Voice Command. Still no luck. I'm not sure which version of .NET CF I've got, but if I had to guess I'd say the leaked 3.7 since when I try to install 3.5 I get a newer version already installed error. I blame it on .NET CF because I don't know what else it could be.

I've been signed up to receive updates on Tellme from their website for months now. The only WM availability they've advertised since then is on the Intrepid. Also, another similar app is called Vlingo and it supports a few more WM phones. I've tried both on a friend's blackberry and I like Tellme a lot better.

MRVIZZIATO 10-26-2009 03:46 PM

Yea I'm using it on my AT&T HTC Tilt2 and all though I've been able to get it to install and work, It only allows me to ask it to call someone and bring up the persons name I asked it to text but then actually getting it to transcribe a text is a no go!! Also it will not recognize any other commands I give it like a movie search or traffic etc... very strange indeed...its funny how some other people using different phones get other results... BTW im using AtomAng's Fusion 5.1 v2.5 TF3D WM6.5 and I've got MSVC disabled!!

P.S.- The touch screen does work for me!

p-slim 10-26-2009 04:19 PM

this works on my tp2 for all options except the touch screen, but my problem is when i do a search or anything it opens up opera instead of doing the search thru the bing app? Anyone know why?

p.s. the text to type is lovely and works fine for me also.