PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Volume slider is gone (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=92166)

Zap! 10-23-2009 04:34 PM

Re: Volume slider is gone

Quote:

Originally Posted by zim2323 (Post 1258483)
This will work IF it is from the VERIZON Touch Pro 2. Sprint's TP2 DLL is different. And he will lose any custom icon assosciated with that DLL for the volume icon on the taskbar.

I also found that the Verizon DLL is also the cause of the SMS notification differences between Sprint and Verizon TP2's. Test it by using a default from each and you will see what I mean. If you use Sprint's, you'll be able to use standard registry change to disable the notification, but if you use Verizon's, you'll have to use the Verizon specific reg changes.

That volume control worked like a charm! :)

meatgel 10-23-2009 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zim2323 (Post 1258474)
At this time there are NO taskbar's that work correctly on ANY Touch Pro 2. They only way they are going to work is if they were built with THAT carrier's specific DLL's when rebuilding for custom icons.

I have even found that programs like PocketShield screw up Bluetooth and the Speakerphone. When I have PS installed Speakerphone doesn't work by flipping the phone.

As much as I like those programs, they seem to break something to fix something else.

I've used 2 different taskbars and both work fine with my Sprint TP2. Some have older DLLs attached to them. Best bet is to find the newer ones.

Pegasus"143" 10-23-2009 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zap! (Post 1258494)
That volume control worked like a charm! :)

Glad to hear it. :thumbleft:

Zap! 10-23-2009 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pegasus"143" (Post 1258523)
Glad to hear it. :thumbleft:

Just thanked you (thanked the wrong person at first, lol).

zeuswsu 10-23-2009 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by meatgel (Post 1258508)
I've used 2 different taskbars and both work fine with my Sprint TP2. Some have older DLLs attached to them. Best bet is to find the newer ones.

The sound icon is always screwy on Verizon tp2's when you try to install taskbars that were created on a sprint phone. I've actually had better luck with older taskbars then newer ones.....someone altered a taskbar in yay4jugs taskbar thread to work correctly on verizon, so if you search towards the end of his thread you'll find it. i would link to it but I'm at work on my phone right now.

Pegasus"143" 10-24-2009 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zap! (Post 1258533)
Just thanked you (thanked the wrong person at first, lol).

No problem, I appreciate it.