PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-24-2009, 06:28 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

jalan is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
2 simultaneous bluetooth pairings?

I am interested in using the Blackberry Bluetooth Gateway (with my TP2) to stream A2DP music and my navigation app voices to my RV stereo using the 3.5mm aux output on the Blackberry Bluetooth Gateway.

I don't actually own the Blackberry Gateway yet, so if there is a better product, let me know.

Question is, can I use the Gateway bluetooth for the A2DP streams and still send/receive calls on my Jawbone Prime headset at the same time.

I know that the A2DP audio will not continue when I am on a call. That is fine. But can I maintain connections to 2 bluetooth devices simultaneously, one for A2DP and one for phone calls?
Old 10-05-2010, 03:47 PM
Super genious in training

elesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Re: 2 simultaneous bluetooth pairings?

I believe you can but dont take my word for it, i know i have two bt headsets, and i wasable to connect both of them to one phone, one in my room, and one in my truck, i was curious as to if they both could be connected at the same time, and it worked. so i think you can have your ttwo bt devices connected.
Old 10-05-2010, 03:50 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Wirelessly posted (PPCGEEKS Fire Dept.: Opera/9.70 (Windows NT 5.1; U; en) TMO-US_LEO)

you can't use 2 bluetooth devices at the same time, at least on my tp2 you can't.
Old 10-05-2010, 07:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (Rhodium)
Carrier: Verizon

Tybalt39 is keeping up the good workTybalt39 is keeping up the good work

I have an audio gateway at home, so I will try this tonight. In the mean time, I have successfully connected both a bluetooth headset and stereo bluetooth headphones at the same time to my TP2. I could converse using the headset and listen to stereo audio with the headphones. My thinking is, as long as you don't duplicate specific functions (IE: both the stereo gateway and stereo headphones at the same time), you should be ok.
PDA w/TTS (NAVTEQ 2009 Q4 maps) WVGA
HTC Mobile WiFi Router (under Comm Manager)
Old 10-06-2010, 12:18 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Captivate (GSM)
Carrier: AT&T

Miami_Son is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMiami_Son is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMiami_Son is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMiami_Son is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMiami_Son is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Even if you can pair two BT devices simultaneously, I don't think you can stream two different audio streams separately like what you're wanting to do.
Old 10-06-2010, 12:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jalan View Post
I am interested in using the Blackberry Bluetooth Gateway (with my TP2) to stream A2DP music and my navigation app voices to my RV stereo using the 3.5mm aux output on the Blackberry Bluetooth Gateway. (EDIT) I know that the A2DP audio will not continue when I am on a call. That is fine. But can I maintain connections to 2 bluetooth devices simultaneously, one for A2DP and one for phone calls?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miami_Son View Post
Even if you can pair two BT devices simultaneously, I don't think you can stream two different audio streams separately like what you're wanting to do.
MS may have noticed something I didn't. The audio from your GPS system will follow the stereo output, not the headset output (assuming you are using a standard/mono headset, not an A2DP headset). You will not be able to separate the navigation voice from your music. I just tried it with Media Player and iGo My Way. Music plays and directions play right along with the music.
Old 10-06-2010, 01:10 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Captivate (GSM)
Carrier: AT&T

Miami_Son is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMiami_Son is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMiami_Son is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMiami_Son is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMiami_Son is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tybalt39 View Post
MS may have noticed something I didn't. The audio from your GPS system will follow the stereo output, not the headset output (assuming you are using a standard/mono headset, not an A2DP headset). You will not be able to separate the navigation voice from your music. I just tried it with Media Player and iGo My Way. Music plays and directions play right along with the music.
Yeah, that's how I would have expected it to work.
Old 10-06-2010, 01:19 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

onree is just getting started

In response to the OP -- yes, I think this will work. I have a similar setup in my car, where the Blackberry Bluetooth Gatway is plugged into the aux jack -- it pairs with my TP2 when the car turns on. The car itself also has handsfree Bluetooth and pairs as well; music plays fine and when a call comes in, you can answer (music pauses), chat, then when you hang up the music picks up again.
Old 10-06-2010, 02:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

So, in brief:

A: Yes you can have multiple bluetooth pairings. Only one headset for phone use, but potentially more for just listening to A2DP audio. (Added because I forgot to clarify...)
This may be hardware dependent, as I can connect both my Plantronics A2DP headset/phones and my over-the-ear/behind-the-neck headphones at the same time and hear stereo music from both, but others indicate they have had problems doing the same.

B: You can't separate one audio stream from another (other than phone conversations) for the purpose of routing to individual bluetooth receivers (or even direct-wired connections).

Anyone have different experiences?
Anyone aware of any software that allows for separating audio streams and directing them to different connections?

Last edited by Tybalt39; 10-07-2010 at 11:48 AM.
Old 10-07-2010, 08:54 AM
Super genious in training

elesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)

I connected both BT hands free. but only one would work during a call. Just an FYI.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2