PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   TP2 HardSPL Update (it will be here this weekend if not friday) (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=92073)

eman 10-23-2009 08:43 AM

Re: TP2 HardSPL Update (it will be here this weekend if not friday)

Quote:

Originally Posted by rwcj63 (Post 1257308)
the frustration isn't due to waiting as much as it is the "it will be out tomorrow". if that statement hadn't been made (or whatever the exact statement was) then i don't think folks would be so upset. but the fact of the matter is we know it works, the folks that have it has told us it works and there really is no reason for the bait and switch routine that's been going on for the last couple of days. heck, the mods were so certain it was going to be released that the threads were even unlocked.

+1, someone that actually gets it.......

Noir 10-23-2009 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rwcj63 (Post 1257308)
the frustration isn't due to waiting as much as it is the "it will be out tomorrow". if that statement hadn't been made (or whatever the exact statement was) then i don't think folks would be so upset. but the fact of the matter is we know it works, the folks that have it has told us it works and there really is no reason for the bait and switch routine that's been going on for the last couple of days. heck, the mods were so certain it was going to be released that the threads were even unlocked.

I think we assumed based on the 1-2 day thing. But stuff gets pushed back for a variety of reasons. And yes cmonex did enter the chat room last night #elite team, and I surely didn't ask about hspl (more intrigued with the bsp for 6.5 and possibly 7)

Yes it does work, but this is the thing
this spl is nothing like the cdma spls in the past. Even she has admitted herself this is much more like a gsm spl and in her own words, a gsm spl is a lot more difficult than a cdma spl. Because the phone itself operates a bit more like a gsm phone, then the rigor of testing increases drastically because anything can happen. So these few days are a bit important in terms of testing/flashing new radios.

All we know (per cmonex) is that it will come, but this was a more difficult spl to manage than just a pure cdma spl

a_c_s 10-23-2009 08:45 AM

Also agree it's not a good analogy... this band you speak of that is giving a free concert is probably a big band if everyone is looking forward to it and arriving early, meaning they likely make a living doing this, and can afford to do the occasional concert in the park or for charity... cmonex and the rest of the team do not make a living doing this, and other than small donations, do not ask anything of our community but patience while they test out the final product...

Quote:

Originally Posted by eman (Post 1257281)
For the ones saying we shouldn't be upset because we aren't paying. Let's look at this in another example:
Your favorite band is giving a free concert that is 2 hours away from your house. It is suppose to start at 8pm EST.
So you leave nice and early to get there in time. At 11pm the band still has not gotten on the stage yet. Not a word from anyone. People start saying I guess they are not going on yet.
It is now 12am and still not even an announcement so people just start to leave and assume the band isn't going to play.
You get home at 2am EST and look online to see a post from the band at 1:30am that says, sorry guys, we were tired........
So, would you be pissed in this situation or just be like? I am sure plenty of you would be.......

If your a true geeker then this stuff bothers you, everyone else is just a bunch of posers :-)

Noir 10-23-2009 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by a_c_s (Post 1257328)
Also agree it's not a good analogy... this band you speak of that is giving a free concert is probably a big band if everyone is looking forward to it and arriving early, meaning they likely make a living doing this, and can afford to do the occasional concert in the park or for charity... cmonex and the rest of the team do not make a living doing this, and other than small donations, do not ask anything of our community but patience while they test out the final product...

+1 for someone understanding

eman 10-23-2009 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by a_c_s (Post 1257328)

It's amazing how everyone say's that money has nothing to do with it but all people keep bringing up is the money aspect of the anology..........Just because the band makes money doing it, what does that have to do with not showing up......

eman 10-23-2009 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Noir (Post 1257326)
I think we assumed based on the 1-2 day thing. But stuff gets pushed back for a variety of reasons. And yes cmonex did enter the chat room last night #elite team, and I surely didn't ask about hspl (more intrigued with the bsp for 6.5 and possibly 7)

this spl is nothing like the cdma spls in the past. Even she has admitted herself this is much more like a gsm spl and in her own words, a gsm spl is a lot more difficult than a cdma spl. Because the phone itself operates a bit more like a gsm phone, then the rigor of testing increases drastically because anything can happen. So these few days are a bit important in terms of testing/flashing new radios.

All we know (per cmonex) is that it will come, but this was a more difficult spl to manage than just a pure cdma spl

That was a better and more detailed update then we have heard in the past week......Did they hire you as there PR person???

Seriously, thanks.......

It's funny how different the nightime crowd and the daytime crowd is on this site, it is literally like night and day...haha, or just the daytime crowd drunk at night.........

DarkLord 10-23-2009 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eman (Post 1257341)
It's amazing how everyone say's that money has nothing to do with it but all people keep bringing up is the money aspect of the anology..........Just because the band makes money doing it, what does that have to do with not showing up......

hey now. i haven't mentioned money any. i was all over that when the Elite teamed worked on their TP1 rom (what a fiasko that was). but this time, i've haven't said a word about it (and i even donated this time!!). so i think as a person, i'm growing!! ha!!

Major_Nate 10-23-2009 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Noir (Post 1257326)

I know that I wouldn't be able to do what she does with these unlockers in 5-10 times as much time, so I guess that may be part of why I can understand. Things happen, setbacks come up from time to time, and also I would rather someone admit that they are tired and saying they will continue work the following day or so instead of trying to push out an unlocker that may not work properly due to an inadequate amount of sleep. lol, lord knows how many posts i've made here when i've been low on sleep, and lord help us all with my spelling. lol. Anywho, since this is more than just a pure cdma spl, i think it makes it a little different, so i'm kinda excited to see how this plays out.

just puttin in my 2 cents, not saying anyone is wrong or anything. no worries!:joker:

Noir 10-23-2009 08:57 AM

quite a bit =) which makes your analogy (rather comparison) off by a lot of things...
I think we are also taking the projection dates literally and we shouldn't. That is a huge problem and I have adopted the attitude if someone says 1-2 days, take it with a grain of the most coarsely ground salt you can ever come up with

That's just from experience that 1-2 days usually means 7-10. And it seems anytime a developer puts a time restriction on a release, ANYTHING that can go wrong does pushing the anticipated date of release back by days, weeks, sometimes even months.

Heck to make a better instance
fpsece has said version 0.10 will be released in 2007. And then in 2008. And finally after all the it will be released, its finally going to be released after 3 years...

That's just one example of anything can happen. And again the statement
it'll be done when its done
couldn't be more apt

Major_Nate 10-23-2009 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eman (Post 1257346)
That was a better and more detailed update then we have heard in the past week......Did they hire you as there PR person???

Seriously, thanks.......

It's funny how different the nightime crowd and the daytime crowd is on this site, it's literally is like night and day...haha, or just the daytime crowd drunk at night.........

Indeed. Lol, either partially drunk or just finally free from work.:headbang: