PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   HSPL update from CMONEX (no joke) - (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=92046)

trevor_g 10-22-2009 11:00 PM

HSPL update from CMONEX (no joke) -

Was watching the conversation on the #EliteTeam channel over here: http://java.freenode.net/index.php?channel=EliteTeam

This was JUST posted:

[22:56] <Laos> So cmonex, still working hard or going to be heading to bed soon?
[22:56] <Patience> a lot of northern midwest in here
[22:57] <cmonex> answering PM's on XDA
[22:57] <cmonex> then bed
[22:57] <cmonex> then release prob tomorrow:)

Get some sleep people. Tomorrow looks more promising. :)

eman 10-22-2009 11:08 PM

Re: HSPL update from CMONEX (no joke) -

Quote:

Originally Posted by trevor_g (Post 1256550)
Was watching the conversation on the #EliteTeam channel over here: http://java.freenode.net/index.php?channel=EliteTeam

This was JUST posted:

[22:56] <Laos> So cmonex, still working hard or going to be heading to bed soon?

Nothing looks promising at this point.

Well at least tomorrow we can start another 20 worthless posts of when the unlocker will be released.....

trevor_g 10-22-2009 11:09 PM

You said it. At least we're getting closer...

oldpueblo 10-22-2009 11:10 PM

You guys all enjoying your updates now? :p

eman 10-22-2009 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trevor_g (Post 1256583)
You said it. At least we're getting closer...

Closer to what? Most of the community killing themselves at this point????

strra 10-22-2009 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trevor_g (Post 1256550)

This was JUST posted:

that's exactly what she's said for the last two nights :P

trevor_g 10-22-2009 11:14 PM

Ha ha... something like that. :)

hapoo 10-22-2009 11:16 PM

I know they're busy right now, but after this is done, I REALLY want to know what all the delays were about. Not because I expect them to finish sooner, I'm just interested in the technical aspects of it.

correct 10-22-2009 11:19 PM

rom politics, now this.......

eman 10-22-2009 11:25 PM

For all the people that say give them a break, they are spending there time for free to help, what about all the time all of us wasted, waiting here for the release as we were told 3 days ago it would be released in 2 days, then we were told yesterday it will be today. We probably spent more time checking this site for the past 4 days then it took to even unlock the device.....

Can we start a donation link for all the people that wasted there time here for the past 4 days waiting for nothing?????

trevor_g 10-22-2009 11:29 PM

I have a question.

As far as I know, CMONEX is the only person who can provide the WinMo world with these hardspls. Why?

Clearly, it's a difficult process (and I'm not at all familiar with it). But seriously, what if she were to jump ship to a *shudder* iPhone or *shudder* Android at some point? Would we all be left high and dry with unflashable WinMo devices?

I find it amazing that this whole community (and others) rely on a single person to provide this stuff. That's all.

Kudos to her of course for being so brilliant!

jhiciano 10-22-2009 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eman (Post 1256637)
For all the people that say give them a break, they are spending there time for free to help, what about all the time all of us wasted, waiting here for the release as we were told 3 days ago it would be released in 2 days, then we were told yesterday it will be today. We probably spent more time checking this site for the past 4 days then it took to even unlock the device.....

Can we start a donation link for all the people that wasted there time here for the past 4 days waiting for nothing?????

Yes lets revolt and grab the pitchforks
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_-cjHop0-zb...g1-300x198.jpg

...........................:roll::roll::-({|=:-({|=

Boo Boo 10-22-2009 11:36 PM

now to just have 8 more threads about this tonight

quid246 10-22-2009 11:41 PM

I have a feeling this weekend will be a good one for most of us.

ajac 10-22-2009 11:50 PM

hope your right I got the rom I want downloaded just waiting... thank god for other things to do in the world or Id have hung myself by now waiting lol

chronster 10-22-2009 11:52 PM

I wonder if cmonex will teach an online course so we can spawn a whole new generation of coders.

It is kind of unfair to rely so heavily on one person for something we clearly value so dearly.

das7771 10-22-2009 11:54 PM

If you spend all of your time waiting around for this to be released then you clearly have nothing better to do, but waste your time. For god sakes these people have lives as well and owe us absolutely nothing. So what if you donated. Usually that's only enough to pay for the device, and not the thousands of dollars a programmer or developer would actually charge for all of the time that is actually put in to these kind of things. A donation usually means that you give some one something and expect nothing in return, or at least not guaranteed some thing. Most people only donate a couple of bucks here or there and then they act like they are owed some thing in return.

At least is will be released eventually, it's not like it's all for nothing. I would rather have it delayed for a couple of more days, then see a post that it's not possible, sorry but we tried. If you actually read some of the post about these people some are going through life changing events and have more important things to tend to besides the people waiting to flash their phone. Yet they still have the patience to move forward with the projects. It's funny because when it's released all of the complaints and negativity will be forgotten by the people leaving those comments, but unfortunately the actual people doing this for us will always have to hear the crap, and still put up with it, why they do I don't know. It seems to me they are being very generous and patient with all of the people complaining and making demands.

Just my two cents. It will come out, and every one will be happy. No reason for all of the negativity.

beefcakeb0 10-22-2009 11:55 PM

tis not impossible, but requires a developer and plenty of patience and also much more than i even know........

you would need tobe fluent in C/C++, and able to use Assembler,

“AssemblyLanguage for Intel-Based Computers” by Kip R. Irvine*is the great book that gives good knowledge of inner structure of the computer and development in Assembler. You ca also find information about installation, configuration and work with the MASM 6.15 compiler.This link will guide you to the BIOS interrupt list: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BIOS_interrupt_call

Rippa_MD 10-22-2009 11:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by das7771 (Post 1256706)
If you spend all of your time waiting around for this to be released then you clearly have nothing better to do, but waste your time. For god sakes these people have lives as well and owe us absolutely nothing. So what if you donated. Usually that's only enough to pay for the device, and not the thousands of dollars a programmer or developer would actually charge for all of the time that is actually put in to these kind of things. A donation usually means that you give some one something and expect nothing in return, or at least not guaranteed some thing. Most people only donate a couple of bucks here or there and then they act like they are owed some thing in return.

At least is will be released eventually, it's not like it's all for nothing. I would rather have it delayed for a couple of more days, then see a post that it's not possible, sorry but we tried. If you actually read some of the post about these people some are going through life changing events and have more important things to tend to besides the people waiting to flash their phone. Yet they still have the patience to move forward with the projects. It's funny because when it's released all of the complaints and negativity will be forgotten by the people leaving those comments, but unfortunately the actual people doing this for us will always have to hear the crap, and still put up with it, why they do I don't know. It seems to me they are being very generous and patient with all of the people complaining and making demands.

Just my two cents. It will come out, and every one will be happy. No reason for all of the negativity.

amen to that. all these :spam2: polls and others similar threads = :sleepy2:

ebmorgan 10-23-2009 12:04 AM

Jesus...get over it people. It's the Internet. If you let things like complainers, naysayers, and usless-posters, etc. get to you online, good luck in real life. If you don't like it...don't read it. Ignore it and move on.

I'm sick of complainers complaining about complaining. Now complain about that.

The Sapient 10-23-2009 12:05 AM

Quote:

Is this a joke? You want sympathy because you spend your days waiting for people to give you things? It takes all of 20 seconds to check if the unlocker has been released.

Adrianh85 10-23-2009 12:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eman (Post 1256594)
Closer to what? Most of the community killing themselves at this point????

i have seen the end of the internet 5 times so far and flashed my 6700 to fullfill the itch!!! lls

ebmorgan 10-23-2009 12:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trevor_g (Post 1256651)
I have a question.

As far as I know, CMONEX is the only person who can provide the WinMo world with these hardspls. Why?

Clearly, it's a difficult process (and I'm not at all familiar with it). But seriously, what if she were to jump ship to a *shudder* iPhone or *shudder* Android at some point? Would we all be left high and dry with unflashable WinMo devices?

I find it amazing that this whole community (and others) rely on a single person to provide this stuff. That's all.

Kudos to her of course for being so brilliant!

FYI - CMONEX isn't the only HSPL builder. She's just the only one doing this one. The other usual suspects are working on other things.

das7771 10-23-2009 12:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ebmorgan (Post 1256739)
Jesus...get over it people. It's the Internet. If you let things like complainers, naysayers, and usless-posters, etc. get to you online, good luck in real life. If you don't like it...don't read it. Ignore it and move on.

I'm sick of complainers complaining about complaining. Now complain about that.

Not complaining about the complainers, just complaining that these type of people are one day going to ruin it for every body else. Some one will get sick of it eventually and not want to do it any more because of all the crap.

zizo72 10-23-2009 12:20 AM

Quote:

This is plain rude!

oldpueblo 10-23-2009 12:29 AM

Quote:

Cmonex please find a way to code the unlocker to not work on his device, tia.

pimpsuprazx 10-23-2009 12:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oldpueblo (Post 1256815)
Cmonex please find a way to code the unlocker to not work on his device, tia.

+1, im not one to rush people, but maybe this took so long because the people working on it do not want to brick our phones. so personally, i say its worth the wait, everyone is entitled to their own opinions.

uhohitzluke 10-23-2009 12:37 AM

You know, I always thought cmonex was a male until i read this thread LOL. I mean no disrespect cmonex. You are the best!

delfin2003 10-23-2009 12:38 AM

see I told you what my gut told me - it won't be out today. Hate it when your gut is right, don't you!? Oh, and btw, she said it will be here tomorrow (she said that "yesterday"), BUT, by her clock, today was already Thursday so tomorrow means Friday haha

Skelator03 10-23-2009 12:58 AM

im personally not mad or distraught like others here i just dislike being strung along would have rather have heard it will be here in a week or less just over shoot the time so that you have a buffer and so does the rest of the world just IMO

railslave 10-23-2009 01:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by delfin2003 (Post 1256844)
see I told you what my gut told me - it won't be out today. Hate it when your gut is right, don't you!? Oh, and btw, she said it will be here tomorrow (she said that &quot;yesterday&quot;), BUT, by her clock, today was already Thursday so tomorrow means Friday haha

im glad im not the only one to figure that out...........

santod 10-23-2009 01:09 AM

I don't think that there is truly a way to make everyone happy. People complained because we weren't getting any status updates and now we are being fed daily progress or lack of and it's apparently too much for some to accept. Or it is taken to be written in stone, then held against those who are helping us.:argue: I don't quite get it myself.[-X

:-$RELAX PEOPLE!!!:-$

Just be happy that it is coming out at all. It's not like a product that's being withheld. It is something that is being created. As I have been creating (things) for years, I know that it's done when it's done. Not before and not after.

Oh, and yes, I am also anxious and waiting. :-\" Just trying to do it with some patience.

freebie 10-23-2009 01:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by railslave (Post 1256888)

Quote:

Originally Posted by delfin2003 (Post 1256844)
see I told you what my gut told me - it won't be out today. Hate it when your gut is right, don't you!? Oh, and btw, she said it will be here tomorrow (she said that "yesterday"), BUT, by her clock, today was already Thursday so tomorrow means Friday haha

An today is tomorrow for her...and she said again today that it would be ready tomorrow...so we are looking at Saturday, which is the day after tommorow and two days after yesterday but only one day past what cmonex said two days ago her time. It will be here on the weekend anyway. lol

lefty11 10-23-2009 01:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by freebie (Post 1256907)
An today is tomorrow for her...and she said again today that it would be ready tomorrow...so we are looking at Saturday, which is the day after tommorow and two days after yesterday but only one day past what cmonex said two days ago her time. It will be here on the weekend anyway. lol

you would think the cure for cancer is about to be released after reading some of these threads. It's gonna be nice to flash some new and different stuff on our TP2's but its not like
its gonna be something so unique that its never been seen before. We can always go back to our Touch Pro's if we are so impatient to get these ROMS loaded up LOL On second thought I think I can wait it out:)

badboy8813 10-23-2009 01:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by freebie (Post 1256907)

lollllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll :laughing6:

stevedusa 10-23-2009 01:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by railslave (Post 1256888)

I felt like this the past couple days, "I asked for at least an approach, not a flashing RED! Now you gimme a solid red and there are no number plates anywhere on this pole!"

:laughing6:

If you know what I mean.

freebie 10-23-2009 01:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lefty11 (Post 1256915)

you would think the cure for cancer is about to be released after reading some of these threads. It's gonna be nice to flash some new and different stuff on our TP2's but its not like
its gonna be something so unique that its never been seen before. We can always go back to our Touch Pro's if we are so impatient to get these ROMS loaded up LOL On second thought I think I can wait it out:)

No impatience here...just making a stab at some peoples attempt to narrow down a date, time, and place. Its all good. :)

tobeychris 10-23-2009 01:32 AM

Shut down

That's enough :)

It will be posted when it is ready, it's not like you paid for a product and it isn't being delivered.

Check the stickied thread in the correct section for updates (and do not post).

Man, I hate typing in red. Thread closed.

-Tobeychris