PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Anyone else having a horible time with their data connection with Sprint today? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=91724)

IM0001 10-21-2009 02:50 PM

Anyone else having a horible time with their data connection with Sprint today?

I have no idea if it is something on the phone or Sprint themselves but I can do absolutly nothing with my cell phone internet wise today. It will time out downloading web pages and error out downloading even the smallest updates like QuickGPS and such. Im working on backing up the phone so I might hard reset and see if its an app problem or a connection problem. Stinkin annoying lol. Not what I wanted to wake up to and troubleshoot today.

ChrisCicc 10-21-2009 02:56 PM

Re: Anyone else having a horible time with their data connection with Sprint today?

Yes i had data inexplicably drop as well about an hour ago (happened last week too). I was able to correct it by cycling flight mode..

madmax2k1 10-21-2009 02:57 PM

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

try to update your profile in settings.

mikejones13 10-21-2009 03:06 PM

Re: Anyone else having a horible time with their data connection with Sprint today?

Ya, I am not having any problems here in Colorado. Either update your profile or try a soft reset.

Rager02 10-21-2009 03:28 PM

i kept getting error code 067 sprint vision user name maybe incorrect a soft reset and update profile fixed it

marctronixx 10-21-2009 03:29 PM

regional thing perhaps? i have had success with data on both sprint devices i have here in Atlanta...

2k4mach 10-21-2009 03:31 PM

no problems down here in south texas.

IM0001 10-21-2009 03:39 PM

Ya already did the update PRL and Profile as well as plenty of soft resetting and FL cycling.. It just about unuseable. One minute it might work for a sec and the other I cannot download 1/2 a website. Really really weird..

Then to top it off I go to do my full backup through multiple sources (PIMBackup, MyPhone, Outlook) and of course Outlook feels like duplicating all my contacts and crap so I have to do my whole hoop jumping to get everything synced properly again. I hate it when I do that lol.

Scotty_Two 10-21-2009 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikejones13 (Post 1251611)
Ya, I am not having any problems here in Colorado. Either update your profile or try a soft reset.

+1 on the Colorado front.

texasez 10-21-2009 03:57 PM

Data is usable about 50% of the time in West Texas. Rumor is that they are changing over the towers to Evdo. I will believe it when i see it.
texasez

zizo72 10-21-2009 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scotty_Two (Post 1251745)
+1 on the Colorado front.

COLORADO problems too

otterit 10-21-2009 04:09 PM

no probs in northern va. streaming sirius radio for almost 2 hours with no issues.

Mutiny32 10-21-2009 04:43 PM

My connection keeps flipping between 1x and Ev.

wampuscat 10-21-2009 05:06 PM

florida panhandle good also,for a change

House 10-21-2009 05:22 PM

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

I've been having issues with TP2 too. I hard reset about 6 or 7 times and I updated my PRL and profile to no avail. I updated my profile about 30 mins ago and it seems to have fixed my internet problems (I had Wifi on if that has to do with anything). I did have Wifi on so perhaps either waiting a day and trying to update your profile would work? Or calling Customer Care should work too

ajac 10-21-2009 05:34 PM

so far so good in oklahoma been pushing email all day with 0 issues and no data problems at all on our hero either

2kmy477 10-21-2009 05:38 PM

I'm having the same problem since 2 days ago,I called Sprint 2nd level support this morning,they re-built my profile at their end twice and asked me to hard reset 3 times on my phone,still no doing good,no SprintTV and Navigation working,IE webpages (no graphics)loaded up ok but not streaming internet radio,no go,they said they'll open a trouble ticket for me and someone will contact me within 52 hours(52,that's weird).btw,I'm in northen California.

Edwood 10-21-2009 06:01 PM

Had problems yesterday in Los Angeles.

Turnkeys 10-21-2009 11:09 PM

I've been having issues on/off since monday morning. Apparently there was network maintenance in select areas over the weekend. Mine started flipping between 1X / EV an hour or so ago, but I've got no data regardless.

Just got off the phone with tech services, 18 towers down in my area, south of Seattle. ](*,)

"We'll be happy to....... once the outage is restored."
"We're very sorry...." ad nauseaum..

Adding insult, efforts to restore the issue screwed up my plan options on monday. 7 calls in 3 days, and they've *almost* got it back to rights; course with no data....

I'm generally very patient, but there are limits.:???:

kirstein 10-21-2009 11:20 PM

Solid data service in the Denver Boulder area today.

pdawg17 10-21-2009 11:24 PM

Hmm...most of you are ok but I see that 2 of you with problems are Hayward, CA and San Francisco, CA...I am in San Carlos (within 20 minutes of both of you 2) and have had problems the last couple of days as well...surfing the web has been miserable (stalling with 1/4 bar full on Opera) and updating my RSS feeds has been super slow...even my battery seems to be draining quicker...something is definitely wrong in the Bay Area...