PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   "All Contacts" Sprint softkey must die!! (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=91017)

mountainwampus 10-17-2009 02:02 PM

"All Contacts" Sprint softkey must die!!

Has anyone figured out how to change the right softkey yet? (with Sprint using TF3D)

Damionix 10-17-2009 02:05 PM

Re: "All Contacts" Sprint softkey must die!!

I second this. Someone help. Advanced config does not work :(

chino331 10-17-2009 04:10 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Use HD Tweak - worked for me. Got the bottom of mine showing New SMS and Camera. I've posted the cab for it and a screenshot of my home screen to show the change.

Damionix 10-17-2009 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chino331 (Post 1242673)
Use HD Tweak - worked for me. Got the bottom of mine showing New SMS and Camera. I've posted the cab for it and a screenshot of my home screen to show the change.

Thanks a lot, will give this a try :)
Appreciate it.

Update: Tried it and it didnt work. It does change All Contacts to File Explorer. But When I click on it, it still calls all Contacts.

mountainwampus 10-17-2009 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chino331 (Post 1242673)

Didn't work at all. I tried setting the right softkey to camera. It still opens contacts. Did you test this out? The screenshot proves nothing since my screen looks right too, doesn't function properly though.

BROOKNAM 10-17-2009 05:54 PM

cant tell u how many times i have posted on this. i cant stand this contacts on the rsk! i have had my slingbox on my lsk & my sms on my rsk since my htc touch. i've posted on xda 2 no avail. if this aint solvexd with 6.5 this pda is gonna feel incomplete to me! rant over...

Hypnotic2010 10-17-2009 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BROOKNAM (Post 1242858)
cant tell u how many times i have posted on this. i cant stand this contacts on the rsk! i have had my slingbox on my lsk & my sms on my rsk since my htc touch. i've posted on xda 2 no avail. if this aint solvexd with 6.5 this pda is gonna feel incomplete to me! rant over...

Try this to remap the home page left and right softkeys:

In the registry,

HKLM\SOFTWARE\HTC\Manila

HomeRSKText = what text you want displayed
HomeRSKPath = the path to the program you want.

mountainwampus 10-17-2009 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BROOKNAM (Post 1242858)

I'm confident this will soon be fixed, but I can't deal with this much longer. BTW, who ever needed a shortcut to "Contacts"?! There are several other, more logical ways to access contacts. Let's kill this softkey, dead.