PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   sprint touch pro 2 6.5 news (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=90530)

ajac 10-13-2009 10:24 PM

sprint touch pro 2 6.5 news

Okay guys lets post here if you know anything about it! Only rumor I've heart so far is by the end of November anyone else got any info? Any links?

CosmoPilot 10-13-2009 10:28 PM

Re: sprint touch pro 2 6.5 news

I consider my self a noob to this site, so I hate to show any angst, but I was glued hourly to this forum waiting for a release date for the TP2. I've decided to just enjoy it and wait as long as it takes for 6.5 to come my way!

My biggest concern is I finally have the phone set up the way I like it, and wonder if 6.5 will require a whole new re-fab process.

ajac 10-13-2009 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CosmoPilot (Post 1236059)
I consider my self a noob to this site, so I hate to show any angst, but I was glued hourly to this forum waiting for a release date for the TP2. I've decided to just enjoy it and wait as long as it takes for 6.5 to come my way!

My biggest concern is I finally have the phone set up the way I like it, and wonder if 6.5 will require a whole new re-fab process.

yup install of 6.5 will require you go reinstall all your programs lol sucks I remember going from 6 to 6.1 and man that was a pain reinstalling stuff like how I wanted it.

strra 10-13-2009 11:07 PM

i can't wait for 6.5 release or the unlocked hspl... i've only had my tp2 for a few hours and already i'm sick of 6.1..........

twostep 10-13-2009 11:43 PM

Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.5(Microsoft Windows; PPC; Opera Mobi/16643; U; en) HTC_Touch_Pro2_T7379)

Quote:

Originally Posted by strra
i can't wait for 6.5 release or the unlocked hspl... i've only had my tp2 for a few hours and already i'm sick of 6.1..........

coming from a blackberry pearl, the tp2 is an enormous upgrade. yes, i want to upgrade to 6.5 via hardspl or ROM, but i'll take anything on the tp2 over my old pearl.

Edanco55 10-13-2009 11:49 PM

Hi guys i have a question about the tp2. I hope someone can help me. I am with Sprint and i am under the Free & Clear Family 2000. I have everything for free including the Sprint Unlimited Data Pack. I have a Palm Treo Pro 850. I use the internet. Unlimited text. I even use the phone as a modem. My question is: I want to upgrade my phone to the HTC Pro 2. If i buy the phone, Can i just register the HTC pro 2 online? Would the system make me change my plan? Do i need one of those new everything plan Sprint is making their customer switch to. I did not think so, but i am now so paranoid with all the freaking stuff Sprint is doing. Any help would be appreciate it.

Thank You

ajac 10-13-2009 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Edanco55 (Post 1236271)
Hi guys i have a question about the tp2. I hope someone can help me. I am with Sprint and i am under the Free & Clear Family 2000. I have everything for free including the Sprint Unlimited Data Pack. I have a Palm Treo Pro 850. I use the internet. Unlimited text. I even use the phone as a modem. My question is: I want to upgrade my phone to the HTC Pro 2. If i buy the phone, Can i just register the HTC pro 2 online? Would the system make me change my plan? Do i need one of those new everything plan Sprint is making their customer switch to. I did not think so, but i am now so paranoid with all the freaking stuff Sprint is doing. Any help would be appreciate it.

Thank You

as of right now win mobile phones dont require them but I do see that changing if not by year end by mid year of 2010.

electronicrice 10-14-2009 01:42 AM

No you do not have to change your plan. Regardless of what Sprint says, as long as you change your ESN online, they have no say in the matter. It's incredibly simple.

TheBundo 10-14-2009 03:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CosmoPilot (Post 1236059)

I feel the same. I doubt I'll jump in too early, because if some of the great hacks and software I am using doesn't work, I wouldn't jump in at that point. It's like keeping the old lady you know, vs. trading in for the young hottie that is nuts

BetaMan 10-14-2009 08:08 AM

I came from an xv6800 and loved that phone. It did everything I wanted it to. I upgrded it to WM 6.5 and switched back to 6.1 because the icons were much too small (I have new contacts now, LOL). I LOVE the TP2 screen and it is a much sexier device. I do miss the extra buttons (I mapped keys to go directly to contacts and email and I can't do that with the TP2). But I won't switch back. If wm6.5 takes it's time coming out for the TP2 then so be it. Someone will export the ROM from the Imagio when the Hard SPL comes available, then we'll be on our way, if not sooner!