PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Is there a screen protector included with the phone? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=89982)

Jmallit 10-11-2009 11:37 AM

Re: Is there a screen protector included with the phone?

Quote:

Originally Posted by pimpsuprazx (Post 1229494)
I could see how they got the price down to $200, no screen protector, box cost's an extra $20, no extra stylus, lol

Verizons comes with an extra stylus. No screen protector.

themuffinman 10-11-2009 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rocksthaman (Post 1229492)
Look at my profile thing , I have a iPhone

WHAT? Pocket pc: iphone? Blasphemy

I feel so disrespected on so may levels:evil:

Who else is with me?

Disclaimer: I hope no one takes this too serious

mountainwampus 10-11-2009 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stroths (Post 1229569)
It comes with one, but I haven't had much luck with it. I used the same application method I have used in the past with other brands (invisible shield, boxwave, martin fields, etc) with soapy water. Anyways, the bottom 2 points near the phone buttons catch in my pocket and lift up. This causes lint from pocket to get under it. I ordered some of the ebay ones mentioned in another thread to see how they hold up.

No soapy water or any solution of any kind should be used with the Sprint protectors. It's just a big sticker. I've used the zagg ones in the past, with soapy water, but they're just not as good. They might be more durable, but they have a sorta orange-peel texture and why expose yr device to water if you don't have to?

isdnmatt 10-11-2009 11:44 AM

Double post because I'm dumb.

isdnmatt 10-11-2009 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stroths (Post 1229569)
It comes with one, but I haven't had much luck with it. I used the same application method I have used in the past with other brands (invisible shield, boxwave, martin fields, etc) with soapy water. Anyways, the bottom 2 points near the phone buttons catch in my pocket and lift up. This causes lint from pocket to get under it. I ordered some of the ebay ones mentioned in another thread to see how they hold up.

This happened because you didn't wait long enough for the protector to dry. The one I put on my TP2 (InvisibleShield) didn't fully dry for 24 hrs using the same method (soapy water). That was even with putting it under a light to warm it up a bit.

I think soapy water works on pretty much any screen protector. As long as you're careful, it does wonders on making sure there are no bubbles and adjusting it. Just make sure once u dip the screen protector, u shake it off WELL.

pimpsuprazx 10-11-2009 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jmallit (Post 1229580)
Verizons comes with an extra stylus. No screen protector.

It was a joke

mountainwampus 10-11-2009 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by isdnmatt (Post 1229595)

I think soapy water works on pretty much any screen protector. As long as you're careful, it does wonders on making sure there are no bubbles and adjusting it.

No no no no. This whole soapy water thing is only for zagg and equivalents (military grade helicopter blade protectors). The new trend is these cheap RTV silicone adhesive protectors, like the one Sprint includes, and believe me, no water should be used with these! I just stuck it on and you can't even tell it's there.

jmorton10 10-11-2009 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mountainwampus (Post 1229585)
I've used the zagg ones in the past, with soapy water, but they're just not as good. They might be more durable, but they have a sorta orange-peel texture and why expose yr device to water if you don't have to?

I agree 100%, the zagg ones in particular suck big time IMHO (I had one on an old xv6800 for about a week before I took it off in disgust & threw it away) although the stuff works fine for full body protection.

Although I have used the water/soap method with good results, all I use now are the Boxwave/Brando savers which are much easier to apply bubble & dust free, don't need water & don't ruin the TF3D screen feel like the zagg cr@p

~John

rose1 10-29-2009 12:45 PM

Does anyone have any tips on installing the screen protector without trapping dust? Every time I try, there's a spec or 2 of dust trapped

z06vette 10-29-2009 12:53 PM

Silly question. I applied the Sprint one with know problems. tip next to phone button snagged on my jacket and pulled up. Now there is lint underneath. Can you clean stock one or should I just get a replacement.