PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-29-2009, 01:08 AM
No charge for Awesomeness
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

Musicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint now replacing Touch Pro w/ Touch Pro 2!

If you have problems and insurance, take your phone in and take whatever they give you. If they fix your original phone, then great! If they replace it, even better. But we should not try to force their hand on anything. The TEP is not an upgrade program, and usually the people who get the upgrades are the ones who purchased a phone at full price and used it longer than the commercial lifetime of the phone.

I have a friend who had been using a PCC-6700 for years. It gave out on him and when he went in they replaced it with a Touch Pro. He was very pleased, but knowing him he would have been just as pleased to get his phone fixed. We should all have that attitude.

Spread the thanks! Click http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/images/but...ost_thanks.gif if someone helps you!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-29-2009, 08:31 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G and to the curb I kicked, WINMO

shatner is keeping up the good workshatner is keeping up the good work

I am getting a kick out of everyone bashing the age of the memo, " a 20 day old memo" as if you only have 3 or 4 days and these things are passe and day old bread. Could it be that it takes more than a week or two to accomplish the goal of that memo? Sure they could have send revised memos since but gimme a break the thing is a newly implemented policy not a old memo that people are trying to milk.

Regarding the car analogy, the winshield on a car is hardly a reason to replace a car or a direct correlation to a phone, the transmission or electrical harness would be a better comparison. In which case auto companies will replace or repair if it becomes a large enough problem especially if you have the proper insurance. Heck even appliance manufactures will do what sprint is doing after 2-3 replacements or breakdowns.

PLEASE GET BACK TO THE OT, anyhow check if the TP2 is in stock yet?
Old 10-29-2009, 11:48 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

grandmasterlarry is just getting started

Just went in to the Sprint store to have my TP looked at and ill be getting another TP for now. the TP2 was being offered as a replacment but i guess they are back ordered like the TP was. They said they are no longer making the TP so your bound to get a TP2 sooner or later.
Old 10-29-2009, 02:48 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Just be PATIENT.

Thats all I have to say

I <3 Android
Old 10-29-2009, 04:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Star Tac
Carrier: sprint

myltz400 is just getting started

If they replace your tp1 with a tp2 do have 30 days to decide if it will fit your needs? The reason I ask is I am thinking of going for the Hero but its not on the replacement list.

I know, how selfish of me..

Thanks

Last edited by myltz400; 10-29-2009 at 04:54 PM.
Old 10-29-2009, 04:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo

blkout01 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by myltz400 View Post
If they replace your tp1 with a tp2 do have 30 days to decide if it will fit your needs? The reason I ask is I am thinking of going for the Hero but its not on the replacement list.

I know, how selfish of me..

Thanks

Yes this does fall in the 30 day time frame. They may try to give you some hassle but it is still part of the 30 days.
Old 10-29-2009, 05:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

Jackietreehorn is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkout View Post
Yes this does fall in the 30 day time frame. They may try to give you some hassle but it is still part of the 30 days.
What about warranty, any idea? Does it reset your warranty (as I was told, when you activate a new device, you have a 1 yr warranty from that point), or was I given misinformation? Anyone know?
Old 10-29-2009, 05:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackietreehorn View Post
What about warranty, any idea? Does it reset your warranty (as I was told, when you activate a new device, you have a 1 yr warranty from that point), or was I given misinformation? Anyone know?

Yes it should reset. Meaning you have your full 30 days for making sure it's at your liking. After that you 1 year warranty should start from the date you got the new device.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-29-2009, 05:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: palm pre, touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

IFMISM is keeping up the good workIFMISM is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkout View Post
actually it doesnt. like anything that falls under the 30 days you have to have the original box and reciept. without a purchase reciept showing what you paid they will not exchange it.
Old 10-29-2009, 05:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by IFMISM View Post
actually it doesnt. like anything that falls under the 30 days you have to have the original box and reciept. without a purchase reciept showing what you paid they will not exchange it.

Yes, meaning if you get a replacement phone that is not the same as yo had then you have 30 days (must keep all packaging) to say if the phone is something you wish to keep. After that 30 day time frame is up that phone would then have 1 yr (-30days you've already had it) and it would be considered under warranty. I have had to go through this issue 3 times with Sprint and Asurion. And I was even surprised that they started the 1 yr warranty on the phone over for the replacement device and stood by the 30 day period as well.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2