PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-09-2009, 11:42 PM
Blabber mouth
Pocket PC: MoPho
Carrier: Sprint.... for now

cornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint now replacing Touch Pro w/ Touch Pro 2!

Quote:
Originally Posted by subzero1313 View Post
Yes they can. Liquid/Physical damage, cracked screen, charging port damaged. They instantly tell you to go through Asurion
then its not a warranty service...
Old 10-09-2009, 11:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO & HTC TOUCH PRO 2
Carrier: SPRINT PAYS ME

dashiot is keeping up the good workdashiot is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

To chime in and back the OP, its all TRUE! I'm a Corporate Sprint Sales and Service Tech and we have the green light to exchange the TP for a New TP, Refurb/New TP2 as long as there is no signs of physical (liquid, cracks, fire) damage(depends on whats available for us to order). Its reported that the TP has a worst failure rate than the Gen 1 Instinct and Sprint rather get rid of the TP for the more stable TP2.

@ MrFett79 -Post 17-
Understandable that you are skeptical of this but heres a few points:
1. Sprints is making a big play into the Android game, ex. HTC Hero and Samsung Moment

2. With the now focused Customer Service and Retention drive, its not worth it to continue to tell a customer their 5th refurb TP should be ok and they should not experience anymore problems.

3. At this point due to the high failure rate, its cost Sprint more to pay me to replace the keyboard and screen than it does to just swap you into a new TP2. I can service 2-3 more customers and have their issue(s) addressed in that time.

4. If someone doesnt like the increase in size of the TP2, then giving them a brand new will 9 times out 10 keep them happy and Sprint can reduce the amount of new TP sitting in the warehouse collecting dust.

So YES, we are exchanging Brand New TP2's for TP's and best of all you dont have to come in hollering, cussing and acting crazy, just lets us know that you are having issues and thats really all it takes. I personally did 2 this evening myself, 1st one for being his 3rd TP and the 2nd one(i'm not even gonna lie), the woman was just BEAUTIFUL! Please understand that you may have to wait for it to come in but hey FREE Upgrade to TP2 is WELL worth it.

Hit the thanks if this helps any.

Last edited by dashiot; 10-09-2009 at 11:47 PM.
This post has been thanked 8 times.
Old 10-09-2009, 11:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4g
Carrier: The Now Network

neopanther is becoming a great contributor

This just keeps getting better doesn't it folks?
Old 10-09-2009, 11:53 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2 with SSS 2.5 Rom
Carrier: Sprint Sero!

zillanilla is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by dashiot View Post
To chime in and back the OP, its all TRUE! I'm a Corporate Sprint Sales and Service Tech and we have the green light to exchange the TP for a New TP, Refurb/New TP2 as long as there is no signs of physical (liquid, cracks, fire) damage(depends on whats available for us to order). Its reported that the TP has a worst failure rate than the Gen 1 Instinct and Sprint rather get rid of the TP for the more stable TP2.

@ MrFett79 -Post 17-
Understandable that you are skeptical of this but heres a few points:
1. Sprints is making a big play into the Android game, ex. HTC Hero and Samsung Moment

2. With the now focused Customer Service and Retention drive, its not worth it to continue to tell a customer their 5th refurb TP should be ok and they should not experience anymore problems.

3. At this point due to the high failure rate, its cost Sprint more to pay me to replace the keyboard and screen than it does to just swap you into a new TP2. I can service 2-3 more customers and have their issue(s) addressed in that time.

4. If someone doesnt like the increase in size of the TP2, then giving them a brand new will 9 times out 10 keep them happy and Sprint can reduce the amount of new TP sitting in the warehouse collecting dust.

So YES, we are exchanging Brand New TP2's for TP's and best of all you dont have to come in hollering, cussing and acting crazy, just lets us know that you are having issues and thats really all it takes. I personally did 2 this evening myself, 1st one for being his 3rd TP and the 2nd one(i'm not even gonna lie), the woman was just BEAUTIFUL! Please understand that you may have to wait for it to come in but hey FREE Upgrade to TP2 is WELL worth it.

Hit the thanks if this helps any.
Thanks for the depth of your overview. Quick Q: I initially had a new TP in January, and have been swapped out for numerous TP's since then. The tech at the store told me they're shipping me a refurb TP2. Should I have pushed for the new in box TP2 since my initial TP was new? Thanks in advance!
Old 10-10-2009, 12:16 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO & HTC TOUCH PRO 2
Carrier: SPRINT PAYS ME

dashiot is keeping up the good workdashiot is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by zillanilla View Post
Thanks for the depth of your overview. Quick Q: I initially had a new TP in January, and have been swapped out for numerous TP's since then. The tech at the store told me they're shipping me a refurb TP2. Should I have pushed for the new in box TP2 since my initial TP was new? Thanks in advance!
Zilla,
It mainly depends on whats on the list. Ok so a little more about the "list"

When we open an e-ticket (service ticket) on your handset/device, theres a button that we can hit that will give us a few select choices as an alternate to your device if we cannot fix it, replace it with one in stock or order it. Most of the time these selections are pretty close to what you have, ex. LG Rumor can get a Rumor 2 or Samsung Rant; Moto Q9c can get a Samsung ACE or HTC Snap 511. Just depends on whats available and if we have to order it. There is a numbered order to this process and like BEE976 said back in Post #25, we can get "dinged" (in trouble) for ordering out of order. At the start of my shift today the TP2 Recon (Status 4) was available for order. But by close this evening the TP2 NEW (Status 5) was the only thing available. So its was just kind of a hit/miss on when you took your phone in.

Hope this helps.

Last edited by dashiot; 10-10-2009 at 12:19 AM.
Old 10-10-2009, 12:26 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Intrepid
Carrier: The Now Network

rafyrod is keeping up the good workrafyrod is keeping up the good workrafyrod is keeping up the good work
Send a message via MSN to rafyrod

i bet, we going to see the tp2 out stock soon!
Old 10-10-2009, 01:23 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2 with SSS 2.5 Rom
Carrier: Sprint Sero!

zillanilla is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by dashiot View Post
Zilla,
It mainly depends on whats on the list. Ok so a little more about the "list"

When we open an e-ticket (service ticket) on your handset/device, theres a button that we can hit that will give us a few select choices as an alternate to your device if we cannot fix it, replace it with one in stock or order it. Most of the time these selections are pretty close to what you have, ex. LG Rumor can get a Rumor 2 or Samsung Rant; Moto Q9c can get a Samsung ACE or HTC Snap 511. Just depends on whats available and if we have to order it. There is a numbered order to this process and like BEE976 said back in Post #25, we can get "dinged" (in trouble) for ordering out of order. At the start of my shift today the TP2 Recon (Status 4) was available for order. But by close this evening the TP2 NEW (Status 5) was the only thing available. So its was just kind of a hit/miss on when you took your phone in.

Hope this helps.
Makes since. Sounds like I should have waited till Friday lol. Thanks again for clearing things up! I wish I would have been lucky enough to get a new in box, but from what I'm hearing I'm not missing a whole lot.
Old 10-10-2009, 01:35 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: 32GB HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint

510jungleboy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular510jungleboy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular510jungleboy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular510jungleboy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular510jungleboy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to 510jungleboy

I think they are pushing out the TP2, so they can have inventory for the DIAMOND 2 !!! Wishful thinking.
Old 10-10-2009, 01:59 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul, HTC TP2
Carrier: Sprint

DES10E is a n00b

I to just got a new TP2 after 5 TP's
Old 10-10-2009, 02:03 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: htc sprint touch
Carrier: sprint

leoiden is becoming a PPCGeeks regularleoiden is becoming a PPCGeeks regularleoiden is becoming a PPCGeeks regularleoiden is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via MSN to leoiden
Unhappy Re: Sprint now replacing Touch Pro w/ Touch Pro 2!

anyone here manage to have it replaced at the culver city sepulveda location in southern california?
i tried but they are very mean and defensive got acussed of unlocking it and voiding the contract after 2 hours of waiting for tech to repair error message on screen

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2