PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Office mobile in start programs list? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=89123)

subzero1313 10-06-2009 04:46 PM

Office mobile in start programs list?

I has Office Mobile in my favorite program list(when you tap the start button) and I had removed it and planned on moving it somewhere else. Except now, when I go to add a program...it doesnt show Office Mobile. Word and Excel are there, but no Office. Any have any ideas on how I can get it back? Ive tried the start button reset cab, but that only resets the 1st 4, which Office wasnt 1 of

kierandill 10-06-2009 04:55 PM

Re: Office mobile in start programs list?

What about Powerpoint and OneNote? Are they listed?

subzero1313 10-06-2009 10:15 PM

Yes they are

mikejones13 10-06-2009 10:21 PM

My suggestion would be, do a backup then hard reset it should be back and you will only have to work around it, kinda funny looking around in the windows folder in the start menu. OFFICE MOBILE is in there, but when you go into it there is nothing at all inside of the folder.

subzero1313 10-06-2009 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikejones13 (Post 1218783)
My suggestion would be, do a backup then hard reset it should be back and you will only have to work around it, kinda funny looking around in the windows folder in the start menu. OFFICE MOBILE is in there, but when you go into it there is nothing at all inside of the folder.

Eh, I only use Word and Excel, hard reset isnt worth going from 2 icons to 1 isnt worth it

horndoctor 10-06-2009 10:52 PM

Go from the start menu to settings, personal, menus and select office mobile in the list . Whatever you have unchecked in that list will show up in programs. That is why Word, Excel, Powerpoint, and OneNote show in programs.

subzero1313 10-07-2009 08:12 AM

Ive tried it with Office Mobile checked and unchecked, didnt work

GoodThings2Life 10-07-2009 09:19 AM

You need to add it manually via registry (and this is the same process for any folder)...

[HKLM\SOFTWARE\HTC\Manila\ProgramLauncher\#] (Where # = 0-29, remembering that the first spot = 0)
"Path"="\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Office Mobile" (String)
"DispName"="Office Mobile" (String)

Delete these values if they exist in the spot you want...

"IconPath"
"Command"
"IsReadOnly"

psycho_maniac 10-07-2009 01:35 PM

another thing i noticed when i hard reset that office mobile is just a folder. how to get it to become a extended folder is this:
go to start programs and then click office mobile. ohhh look at the pretty icons....now close that window go to start>settings>menus....now look office mobile is extended.

Raheinm 10-07-2009 02:11 PM

that start>settings>menus doesn't apply to touch flo start menu