PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Dyeing battery cover-(SPRINT) (Video of dyeing/removing orange backing)-UPDATED! (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=88405)

Young_breedent 10-02-2009 03:08 PM

Re: Dyeing your battery cover- Instructions (Pics of orange removed)

sprints TP2 is just fine the way it is i wouldn't change aything

SolApathy 10-02-2009 03:30 PM

I like the back cover design...I hate the orange lol

bluruld 10-02-2009 03:32 PM

Nice job! I'm just happy that I have VZ and therefore the superior looking color imo.

The guy is trying to share his work. You should be thanking him and not picking at him.

themuffinman 10-02-2009 03:50 PM

I actually like the orange alot, so therefore I wont be dying anything this round.

Young_breedent 10-02-2009 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by themuffinman (Post 1209687)
I actually like the orange alot, so therefore I wont be dying anything this round.

i'm with you 100 percent. Sprints looks so nice, i don't know why someone would want to mess up the cover. The color they chose is just right and the orange accents are tasteful

SolApathy 10-02-2009 04:18 PM

another experiment...A little red white & blue... Definitely not everyone's taste, but figured I'd share
http://img2.imageshack.us/img2/6387/1001663o.th.jpg

amw1972 10-02-2009 04:42 PM

First off...great job on the different looks...Thanks for starting this thread because there are some folks that didn't have the first TP...and they probably didn't know about the RIT dye process.

Second of all...smart to start a Sprint specific thread since the original TouchPros were different devices (esp. under the hood...I still would have loved the faceted back that the European versions had)

Third of all...if you like your phone the way it is...then leave it at that. If you're on PPC Geeks, you're looking for a way to get the MOST out of your phone...so this is just another way. Stop flaming the thread starter that wants to share and contribute to the community.

I've been trying to get xtra covers from my local Sprint repair center with no success. Obvious reason being the TP2 is not IN the stores yet. But, for all those of you that might consider doing this, the Sprint centers keeps the battery covers before they send the phone in for repairs...and when the phones come back they have a replacement cover. So usually, they'll have onesies and twosies back there...just gotta ask.

BTW, love the speaker mesh cover only dye job...I'm considering that one

fceeviper 10-02-2009 05:16 PM

Thanks for sharing your custom work on the Pro2 SolApathy.

ps.

You should post a/your Youtube video showing how to remove the orange and also illustrating the dyeing process. :cool:

jmorton10 10-02-2009 06:06 PM

Although I still think the Sprint cover is pretty ugly compared to either the VZ or T-Mobile design, I got to admit it loks A LOT BETTER without that hideos orange color!!

~John

Budster 10-02-2009 06:35 PM

Usefully thread, this is unique to the the Sprint phone With photos of examples- Good Job and thanks given.

Quote:

Originally Posted by eldersoul (Post 1209368)
So because you say its for verizon (which btw, was the specifically what the other op posted about) and it doesnt have a reference to another thread its somehow different? I just dont think it qualifies, chief.

It’s clear that the Verizon poster is way too narrow minded about this and probably life in general to see that there Is obvious merit to this post for Sprint specific users.
- the guy took the time to take several good photo examples, and has given ideas to others on how to be creative to the back, that is unique to Sprint. -Whether you like it or not - I say well done and thanks for the info.

Budster