\"PPCGeeks\"

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Got a refurb >:( (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=88254)

sircas 10-01-2009 09:34 PM

Re: Got a refurb >:(

It's probably because now it's your 5th one. Why give you a brand new one to destroy or experiment with! The cell phone companies are running a business to make money! If you are going to put it your pocket or become a Mighty Mike with it; then you need a Tonka Toy. Your are lucky they don't drop you. Get Real!!!!!!

Gulanowski 10-02-2009 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sircas (Post 1208164)
It's probably because now it's your 5th one. Why give you a brand new one to destroy or experiment with! The cell phone companies are running a business to make money! If you are going to put it your pocket or become a Mighty Mike with it; then you need a Tonka Toy. Your are lucky they don't drop you. Get Real!!!!!!

Why do you even bother posting if you don't read through at least part of the thread? It's like walking into the middle of someone's conversation at the dinner table and jumping right in, you're gonna look like an idiot.

I spoke with tech support today, they have new stock listed in their system and they will arrive on Monday, so hopefully come Tuesday I will have one.

8notime 10-02-2009 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gulanowski (Post 1209498)
I spoke with tech support today, they have new stock listed in their system and they will arrive on Monday, so hopefully come Tuesday I will have one.

That's good to know. I say keep replacing them until you get one that is perfect.

jimbutsu 10-02-2009 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KrazyKevin76 (Post 1208055)
I guess to each their own. But in my line of work, and my expectations of others, anything less than 100% is not EXCEPTABLE.

Does finding that unintentionally HILARIOUS make me a bad person?

Mutiny32 10-02-2009 03:22 PM

Hate to break it to you, but these AREN'T first-batch phones. They are at their 4th hardware revision. The GSM world has had these phones with pretty much the same parts for awhile now.

Gulanowski 10-02-2009 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mutiny32 (Post 1209604)
Hate to break it to you, but these AREN'T first-batch phones. They are at their 4th hardware revision. The GSM world has had these phones with pretty much the same parts for awhile now.

Two of the three phones had issue's relating to dropped calls, unable to hear caller/caller unable to hear me which would seem to be problems with either the CDMA radio or the software. So it would seem that this could very well be new issue's related to the FIRST batch of CDMA Verizon TP2's.

navychief52 10-02-2009 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimbutsu (Post 1209522)

No, it makes your post ACCEPTABLE :smile:

Protonus 10-03-2009 01:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gulanowski (Post 1207423)
1st - Crackle in the earpiece, frequent dropped calls, extremely poor battery performance

2nd - 10-15 stuck pixels all over the screen

3rd - Frequent dropped calls, every other call either I cannot hear the caller, the caller cannot hear me or both

Trying really hard to give you the benefit of the doubt but, it's hard without seeing the phone especially without seeing them myself, and particularly with three phones. I can tell you that between my friends and I, we have FOUR PERFECT condition TP2's, that were all ordered within 2 weeks of launch day, myself and another ON launch day... Not one stuck pixel on them... So to satisfy my curiosity and help curb the fear mongering on here...

1.) How long did you have the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd phones? As in how many days did you use each?
2.) Both 1 and 3 could be easily caused by incorrect network configuration, roaming, poor signal strength etc. A phone with poor reception will EAT it's battery as the power to the antenna is literally ramped up with weak reception. Did you do a *228 Option 1, AND an Option 2 PRI update?
3.) Were you in 3G before having the issues with phones 1 and 3 or were you in 1X prior?
4.) Stuck pixels are getting frequently misreported and misdiagnosed on these forums. How exactly did you determine you had stuck pixels with phone 2?

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimbutsu (Post 1209522)

Nope, it because it was hysterical. Sometimes the best comedy is unintentional and when someone is trying really hard to sound serious. :lol:

foxnews 10-03-2009 01:45 AM

agree with the post above me. the 1st and 3rd phones have the same problem: bad signal which lead to battery drain. This is not the phone's fault. I know this personally because my office and my house got bad signal.

You returned the perfectly-working phones and blame the phones for the signal issue.

I return alot of things I bought. but I can tell you that if you got 3 bad ones in a row, then either you are the defect or the entire tp2 production line is bad, which is not the case since TP2 got high rating and reviews by users.

Zap! 10-03-2009 03:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gulanowski (Post 1207210)
Matt,

First batches of any product are always prone to issue's. You're making the assumption that I'm the issue when you haven't been the one experiencing the problems with any of these phones. What gives you the authority to make that decision? None so far as I can see. So by your reasoning I should just suck it up because Verizon was nice enough to give me three defective phones? Clearly you're using flawed logic.

8no,

The tech support rep I just spoke with checked the history of the serial number and saw it was never activated, which is good I suppose. However, it is still a refurb and for whatever reason the person who had it before sent it back, which makes me wonder.

But lots and lots of us have TP2's in here, and I have yet to see someone on their 4th. Yes, it's certainly possible for you to have received four defective TP2's in a few weeks, but the chances are nearly infinitesimal. Either it's your fault or you are the unluckiest person in the world. If it's the latter, I sincerely apologize.