PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   keyboard issue... anyone? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=88177)

yaco 09-30-2009 10:31 PM

keyboard issue... anyone?

So, i got my new TP2 phone and I love it... except just recently i figured out that my 'R' key on the keyboard doesnt work if you just slightly press the key... every other key works, but I need to press the R hard in order for my phone to recognize it.

Has this happened to anyone else here?

EDIT: I FIXED mine by pressing the key really hard and holding it a couple of times... the R works every time even if i just tap it slightly. :)

otterit 09-30-2009 10:33 PM

Re: keyboard issue... anyone?

all good here

p-slim 09-30-2009 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yaco (Post 1205755)
So, i got my new TP2 phone and I love it... except just recently i figured out that my 'R' key on the keyboard doesnt work if you just slightly press the key... every other key works, but I need to press the R hard in order for my phone to recognize it.

I hope yours isn't defective, but my "r" button works just like all the rest of them. I just gave an extra check and it works fine.

yaco 10-01-2009 09:26 AM

it's not a software issue for sure... it really depends on how hard I press it... I guess i'm returning it... it's an expensive phone and I want it working perfectly.

themuffinman 10-01-2009 09:40 AM

No problems here either.

BillJr106 10-01-2009 09:43 AM

I have a prolem with my "," comma.... It is like a rock and doesnt click when depressed. It registers 80% of the time but offers no feedback to whether you pressed it or not... basically its permanently pushed down...

Noir 10-01-2009 10:42 AM

Quote:

happened with my h key...return it

ChrisCicc 10-01-2009 11:27 AM

I have a problem with the spacebar. It works, but doesn't click like the rest of they keys so I cannot feel it. This is common with these keyboards in the past from my experience...

tender 10-01-2009 11:39 AM

Quote:

One of the arrow keys is bad. Pressing it normally does not work, but pressing very hard makes the key work. A new phone is being sent out to replace the old phone.

vzwdts 10-01-2009 11:48 AM

On mine, all the keys function fine, except the number row is much harder to press than anything else. It's not a major problem or anything, just more of an observation.