PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   How to stop the TP2 from reading out your messages? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=88093)

mikldom 09-30-2009 01:50 PM

How to stop the TP2 from reading out your messages?

For some reason, and I don't know why, whenever a text message comes in, the phone reads it out to me aloud.

I did not select a setting to do that, but it could be coicidence that it started after I installed some Tweaks from the tweaks thread.

It also will tell me the emails and the subject of new emails.

what setting do I disable? It has embarrassed me already :)

/mike

CovKid66 09-30-2009 01:52 PM

Re: How to stop the TP2 from reading out your messages?

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikldom (Post 1204468)
For some reason, and I don't know why, whenever a text message comes in, the phone reads it out to me aloud.

I did not select a setting to do that, but it could be coicidence that it started after I installed some Tweaks from the tweaks thread.

It also will tell me the emails and the subject of new emails.

what setting do I disable? It has embarrassed me already :)

/mike

Sounds like Voice Command. Start | Settings | Personal | Voice Command. Highlight "Messaging" and play with the options in the "Notifications" button. Alternatively, just uncheck the Messaging option to stop all announced notifications.

Exil3d 09-30-2009 01:53 PM

HAHAHA!~ Thats hilarious. I think it kind of cool if you ar home but I can see it being a problem at work. Specially if the text has alot of xxx or foul language. lol. Imagine that. being at work and having your phone inside you Jacket pocket with full volume up and you get a TEXT from a GF and it reads... "I can wait to bleep bleep bleep you and bleep bleep blee all nigh with some bleep and more bleep and hurt me and dont forget to bring the peanut butter. " LOL.

jmorton10 09-30-2009 02:07 PM

Even worse is if it's from your GF & your Wife is within earshot..........

~John

mikldom 09-30-2009 05:17 PM

haha.. I like that last post... No.. I don't have to worry about my wife hearing it, as I am always traveling.. I don't have a girlfriend, just a wife.

Thanks for the settings.. I could not figure it out and you guys pointed me in the right direction.

Also.. I love the battery life of this thing.. it lasts all day, whereas my TP would die after about 4 hours... As you can see, I have been on a couple of years, but only a infrequent poster.. I started with 6700, then mogul, then tp, now tp2..

I can't wait for the custom cooked roms once they get the hardspl done!

Thanks again!

beecee 09-30-2009 05:44 PM

Oh I didn't know it would read messages. Now I want mine read but I have a feeling I'd regret it :p

gpracer1 09-30-2009 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CovKid66 (Post 1204473)
Sounds like Voice Command. Start | Settings | Personal | Voice Command. Highlight "Messaging" and play with the options in the "Notifications" button. Alternatively, just uncheck the Messaging option to stop all announced notifications.

Mine is the opposite, If I try to turn it on it says...cannot start voice command. Reinstall and try again.

azclown 09-30-2009 06:44 PM

Cuz your on Sprint... foo..... lol