PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   On-screen Keyboard screwed up... (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=87851)

bmrisko 09-29-2009 08:43 AM

On-screen Keyboard screwed up...

I noticed today that my on-screen keyboard is screwed up and I can not figure out how to fix it. Right now the only thing it is showing are numbers, the letters p and w, a period, comma, backspace, space bar and 4 arrows along the bottom. Has anyone else run into this before? Also, the button that us usually on the screen to slide in and out the on-screen board is now just a black box.

skipster 09-29-2009 08:59 AM

Re: On-screen Keyboard screwed up...

Sounds like you installed a bad program. Start removing programs and soft-resetting until you have your keyboard back. Or, hard-reset and re-install your programs until the problem re-occurs to find your culprit.

bmrisko 09-29-2009 09:04 AM

It was working fine a few minutes before I posted this while entering a calendar entry and then was screwed up during my next entry. I installed the clean-up cab a few days ago and no problems were showing up until now. I have even tried clicking in Opera before closing and then soft-resetting...nothing. I guess I will start wiping stuff off and then re-building. It is just weird that one minute it was working fine and the next it was screwed up. It didn't change right after a program addition.

bmrisko 09-29-2009 09:22 AM

Well I just un-installed the tweaks cab and my keyboard fixed itself. Apparently something in there is causing the board to change...just have to figure out how to get around that as I like everything I have installed.

EDIT: Just re-installed the clean-up tweaks and the keyboard is back to normal. I hope this is not a common occurrence...

tiny1055 09-29-2009 10:59 AM

I get this once in a while. All you have to do is set HKLM\SOFTWARE\Tegic\eT9\Ime\CurrentET9Style to 0. I might just make this a mortscript since it has already happened to me a few times.

daunove 09-29-2009 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tiny1055 (Post 1201582)
i get this once in a while. All you have to do is set hklm\software\tegic\et9\ime\currentet9style to 0. I might just make this a mortscript since it has already happened to me a few times.

thank you for this!!

bmrisko 09-29-2009 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tiny1055 (Post 1201582)
I get this once in a while. All you have to do is set HKLM\SOFTWARE\Tegic\eT9\Ime\CurrentET9Style to 0. I might just make this a mortscript since it has already happened to me a few times.

Mine is set to 0 and I still have this problem...

daunove 09-29-2009 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bmrisko (Post 1201759)
Mine is set to 0 and I still have this problem...

this fix worked for me, I edited the reg and did a soft reset. Then I had to go to where i could deploy the on-screen keyboard, and tap the ^ next to the keyboard softkey. Then switch to full QWERTY.

willb02 10-10-2009 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daunove (Post 1202960)
this fix worked for me, I edited the reg and did a soft reset. Then I had to go to where i could deploy the on-screen keyboard, and tap the ^ next to the keyboard softkey. Then switch to full QWERTY.

The ^ next to the keyboard softkey DOES NOT work for me. Nothing happens when I click on the ^

353Entertainment 10-10-2009 11:51 AM

There are a couple of threads about this issue and a fix for it....can't find them right now, but do a search for it, it'll come up...