PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Gmail Sync and Attachments? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=87810)

SOHKis 10-12-2009 03:22 PM

Re: Gmail Sync and Attachments?

is it possible to setup 2 gmail accounts w/this, or will entering settings for a second overwrite the 1st..?

fuuup 10-12-2009 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SOHKis (Post 1232169)
is it possible to setup 2 gmail accounts w/this, or will entering settings for a second overwrite the 1st..?

I believe the settings are stored in the program folder. If you create a second folder in program files and name it something else, and then create a start up shortcut to the exe in that folder... that might work.

SOHKis 10-12-2009 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fuuup (Post 1232330)
I believe the settings are stored in the program folder. If you create a second folder in program files and name it something else, and then create a start up shortcut to the exe in that folder... that might work.

thanks, i'll start doing some testing when i get some spare time.

badsez 10-13-2009 09:35 PM

Is there a way to search within pocket outlook messages?

since i have a ton of email in 4 different folders that i sync via imap.. i'd like to search these by a keyword..

citats 10-13-2009 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by badsez (Post 1235899)
Is there a way to search within pocket outlook messages?

since i have a ton of email in 4 different folders that i sync via imap.. i'd like to search these by a keyword..

Windows mobile has always had search... it's in your start menu and it searches everything, including mail.

badsez 10-13-2009 10:44 PM

i cant find it in the start menu or in all programs! where is it?
i'm using Touchflow does that matter?

also.. another question, asking with out trying the search app u mentioned.. anyway to restrict the search to just the email account?

Quote:

Originally Posted by citats (Post 1235973)
Windows mobile has always had search... it's in your start menu and it searches everything, including mail.

WisdomWolfX 10-19-2009 04:08 PM

I have been having lots of issues with google sync where it keeps deleting all my emails and resyncing and somehow still missing some of the latest messages. I attempted to use the IMAP pusher service, but as soon as I click it I get an error message:

File or assembly name 'ImapPusher, Version=1.0.3354.36827, Culture=neutral, PublicToken=null' , or one of its dependencies, was not found.

Any ideas? I tried reinstalled .NET CF 3.5, but that won't reinstall although it appears to be working fine (other programs that depend on it, like Pocket Shield, still work).

rosarios3 10-21-2009 10:02 PM

FUUUP, thanks for posting this fix, it works great!

Fixup 11-04-2009 04:48 PM

Hi fuuup:

Thank you for this effort. Could you please change it to restart after 10 minutes or so? One minute is too short and drains battery fast.

I have to live with this imap idle push, because Windows Live insists on sending heartbeat every 5 minutes which drains battery too fast. Without Live pushing, my Diamond idles for 24 hours and consumes less than 10% battery; with Live on, my battery goes down to 10% in 5 hours!!!

Exchange push is even worse than Live, in terms of heartbeat interval and battery life impact.

jhale83 11-04-2009 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fuuup (Post 1224513)
Copy the file as usual. When you go to paste, it should give you both an option to "paste" and "paste shortcut". Paste shortcut ;)

I hit paste the first time instead of paste shortcut and now I can't delete the first one out of the StartUp folder. Anyone have any suggestions? I even tried to delete it through Total Commander and no dice.