PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-27-2009, 02:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

EXLINE is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprints matches Big reds TP2 price!

just got mine for 199 after 100 mir took about 20 min with the online chat at sprint.com i told them what i wanted they first offered me 50 credit i told them i wouldnt accept and her next message was addition 100 credit but it was a today only blah blah but anyway thank god i dont have to deal with this touch pro anymore cant wait til the 29th for the touch pro2
Old 09-27-2009, 02:26 PM
What did you say?
Pocket PC: Rhodium
Threadstarter

Mayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljwallacejr View Post
-
I was rejected on 1st call. The CSR did not know anything about the $199. I called again thanks to the post above and phone number and was successful!!!! I paid $319.99 when I ordered and just got a credit for $120 to bring it down to the $199 price! Thank you!!!
Oh, I have 7 lines and I am a corporate account/premier, etc. But when (as written before in other posts) I mentioned Verizon and the price matching and cancel phones, etc. The guy was perfect!

glad i could help.... from what i know they are the only 1 that can help you... well you can get the credit from retentions but its not as easy ( from what i know)

but the 1st is just around the corner guys, if you are not having any luck wait till then and call back.

of course you would have to be in your 30 days.... you may still be able to get the credit pass the 30 days but it may be harder for you since you are already locked into the 2 year contract ...

Old 09-27-2009, 02:26 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

mrrogers1 is keeping up the good workmrrogers1 is keeping up the good work
Angry Re: Sprints matches Big reds TP2 price!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolApathy View Post
yeah I tried (once) and was shut down. I was informed the plan was for Business users (where the accounts are paid by the company they work for.) I am curious as to how some of you got this deal
I was told the same thing.... I also don't think "your company" has to pay for it but individuals can have "corp" accounts so instead of "MRROGERS1" account it would be "MRROGERS1 Inc." and it's a magical corp account.

I'm going to see how this pans out over the next week but I might call back. It's not worth is to me to change my person account to a corp as I get $75 discount from my corp.

I'm going to read through the rest of this thread and see how everyone did it though as retentions were unwilling to do D*&K for me and made it pretty clear. It came to a point where I said, "look man, it's a case of principle now, I understand the "corp only discouynt on this phone but I'm a loyal customer, carry and have carried 5 lines for years, refer the max number of new customers regularly and you can't do ANYTHING here??" and they said no... oh, they did tell me it would cost me more if I switch to Verizon.... :-/

Hell, now I'm all pissed off again (I can't say I really have gotten worked up over Sprint stuff) and I'm gonna call back and make sure someone understands the sh&**$ taste left in my mouth after that call. I'm pretty disappointed in Sprint.
Old 09-27-2009, 02:41 PM
What did you say?
Pocket PC: Rhodium
Threadstarter

Mayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on rep

this is not just for corporate accounts! Sprint is going to lower the price all together...

i dont have a business account... all i have is a 15% ( i think) military discount.

call 877-775-4886 and tell them you are thinking about canceling due to V lower price... they should help you....

at 1st i was told i had to return the phone to a store ( since i was still in my 30 days) and then re-buy it from that number i posted.... they would adjust the price for me at the time.. but when i went to return the phone the store wouldnt take it, told me i had to mail it..... so i called that number back to explain and the guy hooked me up with the $150 credit then.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-27-2009, 02:47 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2 Customized
Carrier: SPRINT

dallastx is keeping up the good workdallastx is keeping up the good workdallastx is keeping up the good work
Thumbs down Re: Sprints matches Big reds TP2 price!

Quote:
Originally Posted by setox View Post
just stop there are some reps that might be able to do so but sprint can't put it at $199 for individual customers only corporate customers everyone is making it worse

I wish there was a Gay smiley for you.
Old 09-27-2009, 02:54 PM
uʍop ǝpısdn ɯ,ı ʞooן
Pocket PC: 3rd GALAXY from the SUNG

rdd0512 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPrdd0512 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPrdd0512 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPrdd0512 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPrdd0512 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPrdd0512 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPrdd0512 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPrdd0512 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPrdd0512 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPrdd0512 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPrdd0512 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

worked 4 me
Old 09-27-2009, 03:25 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

tburk32 is a n00b

I called twice. I talked to a guy the first time that said he couldn't help me and I'd have to send the phone back for any chance of getting a lower price if they do lower it on October 1st. So naturally I said thank you for your help and hung up and tried again. The second time I called back and the woman was going to try to help me but had not heard anything about the price being lowered on October 1st but she said if the price is lowered within my 30 days I can call back to the telesales department and they would fix it for me. Now that sounds great but I had a couple questions. I purchased the phone on the 3rd the first day it was available for telesales and then I first activated the phone on the 4th of september when I got it. There were a couple times I deactivated the phone and went back to my Diamond for vairous reasons including tethering and then the last time I activated it was on the 13th of september. Well she quoted my 30 day period as begining on the 13th? Is that something that may not be honored or is what she said the final word? I just dont want to wait because the 1st is really close to my 30 day period if I do have to send it back. So basically I'm asking for some advice on this. Is the October 1st date reliable or is it just heresay as of now?
Old 09-27-2009, 03:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

EXLINE is just getting started

I'm telling you guys sprint.com chat help it didnt take me anytime at all they start offering me the discounts!
Old 09-27-2009, 04:30 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Palm Treo 755p

tjphoton is a n00b

no luck Friday night via retention,
no luck this afternoon via echat,
success with retention a few minutes ago with the first call.

They matched the Verizon price. They will bill me $449.99, with $150 credit, and $100 mail-in-rebate, bring the price down to $199.99 plus tax. Free 3-5 day shipping (not be able to upgrade to free overnight)

Seems they are more willing to price match Verizon than before.
Old 09-27-2009, 04:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Arrive

IM0001 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularIM0001 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularIM0001 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via ICQ to IM0001 Send a message via AIM to IM0001 Send a message via MSN to IM0001 Send a message via Skype™ to IM0001

Tried a few times today (on the phone and online chat) and could not get anyone who knew anything about the Octobe 1st pricematch and all said they cannot price match. So I ordered the phone anyway (after seeing one in person I had to hae it) and will try again on the 1st.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2