PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   IM+ Who has used it? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=86850)

jimmiekain 09-23-2009 09:07 PM

IM+ Who has used it?

I was checking out the deal of the day in the ppcgeeks store and its IM+ by shape services... I like the IM program that came with my sprint touch pro 2 but it isnt very reliable so I was looking at agile messenger and IM+... Can anyone recommend one over the other? I am considering buying IM+

Herbal954 09-23-2009 09:14 PM

Re: IM+ Who has used it?

I used it on my Nokia N95 and really liked it alot, most of shape services programs are great, LOVED RDM+

jimmiekain 09-23-2009 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Herbal954 (Post 1189058)
I used it on my Nokia N95 and really liked it alot, most of shape services programs are great, LOVED RDM+

i hate to admit it, but i had a sidekick for about 1 week (i returned it because i didnt get any signal at all) I absolutely loved the instant messenger program on that phone It acted like a real computer when buddies signed on it made the sign on door knock sound when buddies signed off it made the door closing sound and when i got a new msg it actually notified me... Does IM+ work the same way? Can you explain its pro's and cons? the shape services website gives no good info!

Also, according to the shape services site when you purchase a licenses for IM+ you can take it anywhere have u installed it on ur touch pro 2 yet? if not why?

JokeZony0u 09-23-2009 09:27 PM

I have the newest IM+ on TP2...the scrolling (maybe its just me?) seems pretty dang laggy. It would "skip" along the way when I flick through the list.

I use BeeJive now- works wonderfully. IM+ has some neat features but...eh..that scrolling bugs me

BeeJive's free because its still in "beta" and the company discontinued its support. Even so, it's still very functional, don't see why the company would give up on the product- haven't noticed any bugs...so try it out before you spend money on IM+

jimmiekain 09-23-2009 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JokeZony0u (Post 1189082)
I have the newest IM+ on TP2...the scrolling (maybe its just me?) seems pretty dang laggy. It would "skip" along the way when I flick through the list.

I use BeeJive now- works wonderfully. IM+ has some neat features but...eh..that scrolling bugs me

BeeJive's free because its still in "beta" and the company discontinued its support. Even so, it's still very functional, don't see why the company would give up on the product- haven't noticed any bugs...so try it out before you spend money on IM+

does beejive notify you with sound that people have signed in/out? and notify you of msgs coming in if the phone is sleep?

christr 09-23-2009 09:48 PM

I've used IM+ for a few years now and like it. The newer versions even talk to Facebook Chat. Works fine on my TP2 (had it on a i760, i730 and i600 previously).

I did have some minor issues at one point with it and not showing all the online contacts... but that was only on the TP2 and haven't really noticed it since. So maybe it was me screwing with registry tweaks that caused the issue. :)

--chris

jimmiekain 09-23-2009 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by christr (Post 1189141)
I've used IM+ for a few years now and like it. The newer versions even talk to Facebook Chat. Works fine on my TP2 (had it on a i760, i730 and i600 previously).

I did have some minor issues at one point with it and not showing all the online contacts... but that was only on the TP2 and haven't really noticed it since. So maybe it was me screwing with registry tweaks that caused the issue. :)

--chris

does it give buddy sign on/out sounds?

rorytmeadows 09-23-2009 09:58 PM

I use IM+ on my TP2. I've had IM+ and have been very satisfied. I always thought that the similar freeware programs would eventually catch up and over take IM+, but they keep adding features. It's a good bet.

I noticed that the menu was laggy (or just really really slow) when trying to finger swipe. It's not too much of a problem, but I sent a message into shape (they actually let you do it from the program) and they replied with boggling messages not understanding what I was talking about and asking unrelated follow-up questions a few times.

Otherwise, very happy. You can update right from the phone. It does have Facebook and all that, even multiple account support I think. I don't think I'll be giving this one up until Digsby releases a mobile client.

calllmemoe 09-23-2009 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimmiekain (Post 1189144)
does it give buddy sign on/out sounds?

IM+ does, yes.

Malatesta 09-23-2009 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimmiekain (Post 1189031)
I was checking out the deal of the day in the ppcgeeks store and its IM+ by shape services... I like the IM program that came with my sprint touch pro 2 but it isnt very reliable so I was looking at agile messenger and IM+... Can anyone recommend one over the other? I am considering buying IM+

I just wrote up a review for IM+ 7.x a few weeks ago :silent:

Review: IM+ All-in-One Mobile Messenger

(and here's one for Palringo:
Review: Palringo Instant Messaging)