PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   slider noise? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=86737)

xt0mi3xkat3x 09-23-2009 05:23 PM

Re: slider noise?

meatgel, I have it exactly that way, but maybe i did something else wrong. Could it be because when I made the sound and saved it, I saved it as a wma first, Than I later change it to wav by just changing the name from 5_in.wma to 5_in.wav. Would this be the reason its not working?

meatgel 09-23-2009 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xt0mi3xkat3x (Post 1188486)
meatgel, I have it exactly that way, but maybe i did something else wrong. Could it be because when I made the sound and saved it, I saved it as a wma first, Than I later change it to wav by just changing the name from 5_in.wma to 5_in.wav. Would this be the reason its not working?

yes, mine were mp3s and I used a converter to change them to wavs. I would change them back and use a converter to change them to wavs. I think I just googled wma to wav to get a converter.

What sound is it? Maybe I have it or someone on here has it already in wav format.

ll31@q 09-23-2009 07:23 PM

if u owned a touch pro then there are custom sliding keyboard sounds all over for it and they work for tp2.

xbatis 09-24-2009 01:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xt0mi3xkat3x (Post 1188150)
I did everything but it wont work.
I made 2 sounds, n named them 5_in.wav and 5_out.wav.
Did the registy edit,
HKLM>Software>HTC>SlidingSounds
Under slidingSound I added a new key and named it 5.
After I made 3 new strings
Default (Name of sound)
In 5_in.wav
Out 5_out.wav

where do i access te HKLM folder?

step by step help

thanks,

psycho_maniac 09-24-2009 02:00 AM

search

nemanracing 09-24-2009 05:24 AM

When i set mine like this it sticks until i do a soft reset, then it doesn't work any more. I then have to delete my files in windows folder, then recopy them for it to work again. Any ideas?

pirish 09-24-2009 05:27 AM

1 Attachment(s)
For those of you that want a variety of sliding sounds install this cab from Arelas. It will give you plenty of variety of sounds to choose from. I am using it myself so I can verify that it works.

meatgel 09-24-2009 07:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nemanracing (Post 1189839)
When i set mine like this it sticks until i do a soft reset, then it doesn't work any more. I then have to delete my files in windows folder, then recopy them for it to work again. Any ideas?

Once again, it is SO odd how different the Sprint and Verizon models are!?! My changes stick after a soft reset, so I don't know what to tell you. My "ring & vibrate" setting doesn't stick, so i just have to put up with that (just an aside). Your registry settings are sticking, the phone just doesn't see the files in the windows folder anymore? I am at a loss. Sorry.

psycho_maniac 09-24-2009 12:37 PM

on my tp with the rom i am using. i got bored one day and turned this feature off and it didnt work so i think mine will stick to what i set it to after any soft reset.

zratedls1 10-12-2009 09:35 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I followed Meatgel's instructions and had no problem. Thanks to him! I have Sprint. I attached the sounds that im using. It's the Siege Tank from Starcraft when it goes in and out of siege mode. I think its pretty epic