PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Do you use the stylus? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=86650)

8notime 09-22-2009 08:23 PM

Do you use the stylus?

I pretty much found it impossible to not use the stylus on the TP1, Touch, Mogul, and 6700. However, with the combination of TF3D & the WVGA screen, I haven't pulled the stylus out once. In fact, I'm actually able to use the on-screen keyboard for quick messages, which I also found impossible before. I've also noticed that my screen is still in perfect condition, even without a screen protector. I think the use of a stylus is a guaranteed scratch waiting to happen.

So I'm curious, has anyone else abandoned the stylus?

2k4mach 09-22-2009 08:31 PM

Re: Do you use the stylus?

no i havent pulled it out once since i got the phone.

WhiteBlazer01 09-22-2009 08:37 PM

Brand new out of the box, the stylus felt like it was scratching the screen (but it wasn't), so now I use my finger.

janko10 09-22-2009 08:45 PM

I still use it occasionally, mostly in Opera.

rorytmeadows 09-22-2009 08:49 PM

I will not buy a phone without one since my Treo 600. This is why I was actually happy about the type of touchscreen with the TP2. If you think about it, much more detail can be added to a screen when there's a stylus involved so you can get more exact clicks.

There's really only so much you can do with just your thumb.

janko10 09-22-2009 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rorytmeadows (Post 1186532)
I will not buy a phone without one since my Treo 600. This is why I was actually happy about the type of touchscreen with the TP2. If you think about it, much more detail can be added to a screen when there's a stylus involved so you can get more exact clicks.

There's really only so much you can do with just your thumb.

That's pretty much my take and I have small hands.

orlandojumpoff 09-22-2009 09:03 PM

i hate the idea of a stylus... even on older devices i didn't use it, but it's definitely easier with the tp2. i only use it for programs that pretty much require it like drawing apps and handwriting recognition.

No One 09-22-2009 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteBlazer01 (Post 1186506)
Brand new out of the box, the stylus felt like it was scratching the screen (but it wasn't), so now I use my finger.

unfortunately my styles did place a small scratch on the screen (using Google maps)... I quickly picked up the Zagg Universal and did a rudimentary job putting it on... Now to get a real screen protector.

And yes, I still use the stylus occasionally.

w7excursion 09-22-2009 09:15 PM

stylus mostly in an attempt to keep my screen shiny

furiousgtz 09-22-2009 09:17 PM

nope.