PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-24-2009, 05:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S Captivate, Samsung Galaxy Tab
Carrier: Rogers

wraith79 is keeping up the good workwraith79 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: TV Out Registry Hack

Ok, here's what I did!

1. Make sure you have everything you need! In my case, two wires, 3.5mm audio cable and 2.5mm simple video cable, the adapter from a Diamond and of course my phone! (Pic 1)

2. Take the Diamond adapter crack it open and cut the BLUE wire. As seen in picture 2! Then put it all back together, because the hard part is over! Tape it up so it doesn't fall apart, leaving the 2.5mm jack accessible!

3. Take your 2.5mm video jack (Pic 3) plug it in to the Diamond adapter

4. Take your 3.5mm audio jack (Pic 4) and plug it in to the phone.

5. Now take the adapter and plug it into the USB port on the bottom of the phone!

6. Find a TV with all the corresponding RCA connections, plug it in and away you go! Oh and a little side note, the phone charger still works through the adapter! Sp, you can watch and charge at the same time!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1 (373 x 280).jpg (34.9 KB, 169 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg 2 (373 x 280).jpg (28.7 KB, 160 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg 3 (373 x 280).jpg (25.9 KB, 116 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg 4 (373 x 280).jpg (21.6 KB, 107 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg 5 (373 x 280).jpg (30.6 KB, 136 views) Click for barcode!
Old 10-24-2009, 05:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S Captivate, Samsung Galaxy Tab
Carrier: Rogers

wraith79 is keeping up the good workwraith79 is keeping up the good work

and here are the pic to prove it!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 7 (373 x 280).jpg (28.0 KB, 93 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg 8 (373 x 280).jpg (23.2 KB, 74 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-25-2009, 10:20 AM
Virtually, I am a Ppc
Pocket PC: SAMSUNG EPIC 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Hypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the community

If you dont want to break open your adapter and tape it back together, the easiest way to get pin 4 out is to use a sewing needle.
Just lift up pin 4 using the point of the needle, then use the other looped end of the needle to thread the pin into the loop, then simply pull the pin back and fourth untill it breaks off.

**Got Lasers?? Check out our site for shows and equipment:
http://www.ctlasers.com/

-A quick thanks always helps!
Old 12-04-2009, 03:29 AM
Linux Administrator
Pocket PC: HTC Evo -- Rooted
Carrier: Sprint SERO Premium

BooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by wraith79 View Post
Ok, here's what I did!

1. Make sure you have everything you need! In my case, two wires, 3.5mm audio cable and 2.5mm simple video cable, the adapter from a Diamond and of course my phone! (Pic 1)

2. Take the Diamond adapter crack it open and cut the BLUE wire. As seen in picture 2! Then put it all back together, because the hard part is over! Tape it up so it doesn't fall apart, leaving the 2.5mm jack accessible!

3. Take your 2.5mm video jack (Pic 3) plug it in to the Diamond adapter

4. Take your 3.5mm audio jack (Pic 4) and plug it in to the phone.

5. Now take the adapter and plug it into the USB port on the bottom of the phone!

6. Find a TV with all the corresponding RCA connections, plug it in and away you go! Oh and a little side note, the phone charger still works through the adapter! Sp, you can watch and charge at the same time!
This worked splendidly for me! Mucho thanks! One note, I am using a set of Monster cables for a camcorder, and my yellow and red cables were swapped. So, I swapped them around, and have full video and stereo!

Yup, Thats the actual speeds I get from my 1U production server
If my posts have been helpful in any way, please click the "Thanks" button --------------------------------> ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓
Old 12-04-2009, 05:03 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro
Carrier: sprint

sho0z is keeping up the good worksho0z is keeping up the good work

i am completely clueless to why you have to modify anything? both my tp and my tp2 out the box works with my $7.99 tv out cable i got thru ebay. sure the quality isn't HD and you get a bit of feedback thru the audio...but i didnt have to cut, splice, re-wire, hack, or modify any registries?
Old 12-04-2009, 05:25 AM
Linux Administrator
Pocket PC: HTC Evo -- Rooted
Carrier: Sprint SERO Premium

BooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuff

Well, doing the wire clip cost me this much: $0.00....zip, nadda, zilch!
Most of us have the original audio output dongle that comes with the Touch Pro (the one that lets you plug in regular 3.5mm headphones). This mod is a simple way to enable video out with the free dongle you already have.
Its crazy simple to do. Crack open the case, and use some scissors to cut the blue wire. Snap it back together with a drop or two of super glue and DONE!

No registry hacks required on the TP2. As soon as I plugged in my 3.5 video cable, the TP2 went into TV out mode and I was watching you tube vids and everything else on my TV.

Oh, and I dont have the first bit of audio noise or feedback on mine. Sure, its only 480p (maybe 480i not really sure), but it is stereo output. If your getting some audio feedback or noise, you may want to send your cable back, as it maybe defective. The audio on my adapter after doing this mod was crystal clear.

PLUS, you get the benefit of being able to plug in your charger in the jack also, so you can charge/power your TP2 while you are using the TV out. You cant beat that kind of functionality for nothing more than the cost of 5 minutes of your time.
Old 12-04-2009, 11:33 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond
Carrier: sprint

markdb77 is a n00b
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Does modifying the adapter, either removing pin4 or clipping blue, limit any previous functionality of the adapter?
Old 12-04-2009, 11:43 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint

touch_rules is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartouch_rules is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartouch_rules is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

This is more money than free at 19.99 plus shipping but for those of us who don't want to mess with this check this out.

http://www.amazon.com/HTC-Cable-ACT1...9941143&sr=8-3

It even has a spot to charge your phone while watching. I bought it and it works perfectly right out of the box. It brings up a tv out menu but you can close that and navigate the entire phone on your tv.
Old 12-04-2009, 11:44 AM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

where's major nate? he has a cab for this.
Old 12-04-2009, 12:21 PM
domo arigato mr roboto
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment
Carrier: Sprint since Feb 11, 2002

elephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

this is interesting, I've wanted to get this going even when I had my original TP
http://cgi.ebay.com/3-in-1-AV-Video-...item3ef6e375c8

It would be a cool feature to use, maybe even as a portable movie player!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Tags
ipod, registry, touch pro 2, tv, video