PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   TV Out Registry Hack (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=86220)

wraith79 10-24-2009 05:16 PM

Re: TV Out Registry Hack

5 Attachment(s)
Ok, here's what I did!

1. Make sure you have everything you need! In my case, two wires, 3.5mm audio cable and 2.5mm simple video cable, the adapter from a Diamond and of course my phone! (Pic 1)

2. Take the Diamond adapter crack it open and cut the BLUE wire. As seen in picture 2! Then put it all back together, because the hard part is over! Tape it up so it doesn't fall apart, leaving the 2.5mm jack accessible!

3. Take your 2.5mm video jack (Pic 3) plug it in to the Diamond adapter

4. Take your 3.5mm audio jack (Pic 4) and plug it in to the phone.

5. Now take the adapter and plug it into the USB port on the bottom of the phone!

6. Find a TV with all the corresponding RCA connections, plug it in and away you go! Oh and a little side note, the phone charger still works through the adapter! Sp, you can watch and charge at the same time!

wraith79 10-24-2009 05:29 PM

2 Attachment(s)
and here are the pic to prove it!

Hypnotic2010 10-25-2009 10:20 AM

If you dont want to break open your adapter and tape it back together, the easiest way to get pin 4 out is to use a sewing needle.
Just lift up pin 4 using the point of the needle, then use the other looped end of the needle to thread the pin into the loop, then simply pull the pin back and fourth untill it breaks off.

BooDaddy 12-04-2009 03:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wraith79 (Post 1261353)
Ok, here's what I did!

1. Make sure you have everything you need! In my case, two wires, 3.5mm audio cable and 2.5mm simple video cable, the adapter from a Diamond and of course my phone! (Pic 1)

2. Take the Diamond adapter crack it open and cut the BLUE wire. As seen in picture 2! Then put it all back together, because the hard part is over! Tape it up so it doesn't fall apart, leaving the 2.5mm jack accessible!

3. Take your 2.5mm video jack (Pic 3) plug it in to the Diamond adapter

4. Take your 3.5mm audio jack (Pic 4) and plug it in to the phone.

5. Now take the adapter and plug it into the USB port on the bottom of the phone!

6. Find a TV with all the corresponding RCA connections, plug it in and away you go! Oh and a little side note, the phone charger still works through the adapter! Sp, you can watch and charge at the same time!

This worked splendidly for me! Mucho thanks! One note, I am using a set of Monster cables for a camcorder, and my yellow and red cables were swapped. So, I swapped them around, and have full video and stereo!

sho0z 12-04-2009 05:03 AM

i am completely clueless to why you have to modify anything? both my tp and my tp2 out the box works with my $7.99 tv out cable i got thru ebay. sure the quality isn't HD and you get a bit of feedback thru the audio...but i didnt have to cut, splice, re-wire, hack, or modify any registries?

BooDaddy 12-04-2009 05:25 AM

Well, doing the wire clip cost me this much: $0.00....zip, nadda, zilch!
Most of us have the original audio output dongle that comes with the Touch Pro (the one that lets you plug in regular 3.5mm headphones). This mod is a simple way to enable video out with the free dongle you already have.
Its crazy simple to do. Crack open the case, and use some scissors to cut the blue wire. Snap it back together with a drop or two of super glue and DONE!

No registry hacks required on the TP2. As soon as I plugged in my 3.5 video cable, the TP2 went into TV out mode and I was watching you tube vids and everything else on my TV.

Oh, and I dont have the first bit of audio noise or feedback on mine. Sure, its only 480p (maybe 480i not really sure), but it is stereo output. If your getting some audio feedback or noise, you may want to send your cable back, as it maybe defective. The audio on my adapter after doing this mod was crystal clear.

PLUS, you get the benefit of being able to plug in your charger in the jack also, so you can charge/power your TP2 while you are using the TV out. You cant beat that kind of functionality for nothing more than the cost of 5 minutes of your time.

markdb77 12-04-2009 11:33 AM

Does modifying the adapter, either removing pin4 or clipping blue, limit any previous functionality of the adapter?

touch_rules 12-04-2009 11:43 AM

This is more money than free at 19.99 plus shipping but for those of us who don't want to mess with this check this out.

http://www.amazon.com/HTC-Cable-ACT1...9941143&sr=8-3

It even has a spot to charge your phone while watching. I bought it and it works perfectly right out of the box. It brings up a tv out menu but you can close that and navigate the entire phone on your tv.

Dr.8820 12-04-2009 11:44 AM

where's major nate? he has a cab for this.

elephant007 12-04-2009 12:21 PM

this is interesting, I've wanted to get this going even when I had my original TP
http://cgi.ebay.com/3-in-1-AV-Video-...item3ef6e375c8

It would be a cool feature to use, maybe even as a portable movie player!