PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-14-2009, 08:45 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch pto 2
Carrier: Telus
Threadstarter

sonofliberty is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Who loves his/her HTC TOUCH PRO 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by m8tix View Post
I already love my TP2 Bought it for about an week ago and it is my first WM Device. My previous one was SE W880i which I dumped it very fast because it pissed me off. I'm a big htc fan and it is my first phone so it is a big step for me to such a powerful device!
I do agree with you
Old 10-16-2009, 05:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Hi !

I called Telus to unlock my phone sim card, but the guy gave me a number (6 digits) and said to me that it is the only lock code that i have on the phone.

When i tried to use his 6 digit code in Parameters/Personnal/security (icon: sim card with padlock) the code did not work...

Did i missed something ?

ps: i didn't put any sim card on the phone
Old 10-16-2009, 05:57 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO 2
Carrier: Sprint

Aniken is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via Yahoo to Aniken

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikejones13 View Post
First you go to VZW and buy a TP2 then call them and ask for the unlock code tell them you are going out of the country. And they give it to you, your good to go lol. But its VZW not SPRINT. VZW can do it but sprint can't

I believe that the Sprint TP2 comes out of the box as SIM unlocked.

“No one will need more than 637 kb of memory for a personal computer. 640K ought to be enough for anybody.”
[Bill Gates, founder of Microsoft, in 1981]
Old 10-16-2009, 07:24 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: TP2, LG Optimus S and EVO 4G LTE
Carrier: @SPRINT.COM

mikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

hahaha dude I know the phone comes sim unlock. But its NOT UNLOCKED FOR US TO USE WITH GSM CARRIERS OR US GSM SIM CARD. Just like how the vzw can connect to att with att sim card. Mybad guess i should have put that in my post
your mumma's wear dirty g-strings to work, nuketown is buckin hell sick, show some love you hamburger's. double up bubble up. peace out. p.s nuketown is the shiznit, like your mumma's beef strogganoff.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-16-2009, 07:36 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO 2

Aniken is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via Yahoo to Aniken

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikejones13 View Post
hahaha dude I know the phone comes sim unlock. But its NOT UNLOCKED FOR US TO USE WITH GSM CARRIERS OR US GSM SIM CARD. Just like how the vzw can connect to att with att sim card. Mybad guess i should have put that in my post

Love your label. I too, wear it proudly at times.
Old 10-16-2009, 09:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6800

riphamilton is just getting started

mine's going on fleabay (sprint). i did the same thing with the touch pro when that came out last year. it looks like i'm going to hard reset my mogul and just pretend i have a new phone for yet another year; i simply need a d-pad and the other hard buttons that the mogul has so i can reach into my pocket and change songs, etc.

i want a new phone. i really, really do. if you think i'm hating on the TP2 for whatever reason, that's not the case. i just wish the powers that be at htc would be less focused on imitating the iphone approach of fewer buttons mixed with a sexy interface and instead blend good hardware with functional/intuitive software.
Old 10-17-2009, 01:44 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: sprint

gobmonster is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargobmonster is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargobmonster is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by riphamilton View Post
mine's going on fleabay (sprint). i did the same thing with the touch pro when that came out last year. it looks like i'm going to hard reset my mogul and just pretend i have a new phone for yet another year; i simply need a d-pad and the other hard buttons that the mogul has so i can reach into my pocket and change songs, etc.

i want a new phone. i really, really do. if you think i'm hating on the TP2 for whatever reason, that's not the case. i just wish the powers that be at htc would be less focused on imitating the iphone approach of fewer buttons mixed with a sexy interface and instead blend good hardware with functional/intuitive software.
I understand the need for a dpad, but there are options for that. Over at xda theres a small program that allows you to remap ALL THE BUTTONS on your device. Every key, powerbutton, even the mute button on the back lol.

So far, im in love with this phone, but all love can be short lived right? My biggest gripe is actually the keyboard, i wouldve like a larger amount of feed back per press. Its not that im inaccurate wit the thing, im getting used to the lay out pretty quickly, but i wouldve liked some more click with the presses.

I might be satisfied with a simple keyboard vibrate on press program... But otherwise, im liking this phone. I also like that it handles video slightly better than the pro 1. Its not a large improvement, but it noticeable. The processors might be the same speed, but i can notice that they arent the same chip (7200 vs 7600 i think). Overall, its a marginal upgrade, but worth it. Heck, the screen size alone is a huge upgrade, no more tiny text!
Old 10-18-2009, 10:49 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

Raggedy is a n00b
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

Love mine.
Old 10-18-2009, 11:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Pro
Carrier: Sprint SERO 1250

Rippa_MD is keeping up the good workRippa_MD is keeping up the good work
Arrow Re: Who loves his/her HTC TOUCH PRO 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonofliberty View Post
Hi !

I called Telus to unlock my phone sim card, but the guy gave me a number (6 digits) and said to me that it is the only lock code that i have on the phone.

When i tried to use his 6 digit code in Parameters/Personnal/security (icon: sim card with padlock) the code did not work...

Did i missed something ?

ps: i didn't put any sim card on the phone
you need to have the sim card from the phone company you're trying to use already inside, turn on the phone, the phone will ask for code, after you enter the code it should be unlocked for all cell phone companies not just for that card you have inside. report back.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-18-2009, 11:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rippa_MD View Post
you need to have the sim card from the phone company you're trying to use already inside, turn on the phone, the phone will ask for code, after you enter the code it should be unlocked for all cell phone companies not just for that card you have inside. report back.
Thanks ! I will try it in a couple of months...

Do you confirm that the sim unlock is just 6 digits ?

Is it the only unlock code for my phone ?

Thanks again !

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2