PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Text Message Question (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=85549)

quickstang 09-17-2009 08:24 PM

Text Message Question

I have a couple of questions on the TP2

1. I have mobile shell installed, and when I do my SMS, and it is one person, everything groups into that one conversation. Is there a way to change it, so I can see every text in the sent and inbox and not just one?

2. Is there a smiley box or anything of the sort that we can use on this device? Not a huge deal, but I had that option on my Treo, but dont see anything on this device.

Thanks!

And btw...My Ebay TP2 came in, activated online, and all is going fine :) Still have my SERO too.

freeza 09-17-2009 08:30 PM

Re: Text Message Question

You want to disable threaded messaging? If so you'll need a registry editor.

Navigate to HKCU>Software>Microsoft>Inbox>Settings>OEM

Change SMSInboxThreadingDisabled from 0 to 1

quickstang 09-17-2009 08:35 PM

Awesome, thanks a bunch. Any idea on the icons for text messaging and if they exist or if there is a hack?

kdonahue 09-17-2009 08:37 PM

Try settings>system>text messaging and change the layout to classic.

quickstang 09-18-2009 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kdonahue (Post 1174595)
Try settings>system>text messaging and change the layout to classic.

If you mean under the phone itself and settings, there is no text message option under system. At least not that I see

razorloves 09-18-2009 07:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by quickstang (Post 1174590)
Awesome, thanks a bunch. Any idea on the icons for text messaging and if they exist or if there is a hack?

i click the SYM key on the slide out keyboard and it gives me some smiley icons to choose from

meatgel 09-18-2009 08:05 AM

on a sprint phone, if you hit the FN key and then the SYM key it will give you a few smileys.

kdonahue 09-18-2009 08:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by quickstang (Post 1175805)
If you mean under the phone itself and settings, there is no text message option under system. At least not that I see

I guess I should have qualified by saying I have the VZ version. Not sure if this makes a difference. Using TouchFlo, go to settings (slide tab to settings) then click "all settings" on bottom left to get to the classic WM settings screen then click the "system" tab. I have a "text messaging" option. When you click that, you have the option to select "threaded" or "classic."

quickstang 09-18-2009 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kdonahue (Post 1175825)
I guess I should have qualified by saying I have the VZ version. Not sure if this makes a difference. Using TouchFlo, go to settings (slide tab to settings) then click "all settings" on bottom left to get to the classic WM settings screen then click the "system" tab. I have a "text messaging" option. When you click that, you have the option to select "threaded" or "classic."

Prob a Verizon thing. I dont know why they cant all be the same.