PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Should take advantage of Sprint upgrade program for Touch Pro 2. (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=84426)

tdnxxx444 09-13-2009 01:51 PM

Should take advantage of Sprint upgrade program for Touch Pro 2.

I currently have a Touch Pro and am sprint premier member which allows me to get $150 all upgrades after a year insteae of 2. Do yall think I should take advantage of this or wait another year.

The thing holding me back, is seems like the Touch Pro 2 doesn't have that many new upgrades. Same memory and same CPU speed. No flash. Just a bigger screen and better keyboard.

However, I do get $150 off plus I can sell my Touch Pro for $100-$150 on ebay. If I wait another year or more for the next thing, I still get only $150 plus my Touch Pro will depreciate in value.

w7excursion 09-13-2009 01:54 PM

Re: Should take advantage of Sprint upgrade program for Touch Pro 2.

Use it and join the club. Exiled would want you to have the tp2.

-Sin- 09-13-2009 02:00 PM

Tp2 > tp1

authenticsketch 09-13-2009 02:49 PM

Honestly if your asking this question then your not so excited for it i say wait it out .. but personally i just don't got the strength to wait i need it now....

SweetBearCub 09-13-2009 02:56 PM

In my personal opinion, while the TP2 is a relatively minor upgrade on paper - In person it is an absolutely gorgeous phone. Does it solve all of the flaws of the TP1? No. Most? Yes. It's (slightly) faster. It doesn't easily overheat, while charging or otherwise. It's more solidly built. The keyboard and screen size kick butt, and the fact that the screen can tilt makes watching movies and typing long emails much nicer. It has a great speaker system for a phone, makes for much clearer voice uses, such as listening to podcasts and phone calls.

Is it worth the premium Sprint is charging for it? Only you can answer that.

boredandtattooed 09-13-2009 03:45 PM

you will not be disappointed thats for sure...

these ones are built to last

chuque 09-13-2009 03:51 PM

wait what? the tp2 doesn't have a flash? as in no bright LED flash(light) ... this is the first I have heard of that, man I use that at least once a day... bummer

BenC 09-14-2009 03:43 AM

For me it was a very good choice to upgrade. The device is solid and does everything I need very well.

Meanee 09-14-2009 04:06 AM

To me, decision was hard. What was there from TP1? Bigger screen, better keyboard. But I was losing flash. Reluctantly, I've used my credit and got the phone.

While on paper, it is a very small upgrade, in reality, I feel that this phone runs circles around TP1. It's very responsive, screen is amazing, no need for that idiotic USB dongle for headphones, best keyboard I've ever tried on any mobile device. There are more benefits, but it's late, I am tired, may be forgetting some.

In the end, while it does not seem a significant upgrade just by comparing specs, I believe this phone is a a great evolutionary step. I am pretty sure this is my "keeper" phone that I will hold on to for 2 years (the most I had same model phone before was 9-10 months, no idea how the hell Sprint gave me $150 discount)