PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   File Explorer - Select Multiple Files (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=83960)

otterit 09-11-2009 10:04 AM

File Explorer - Select Multiple Files

Can someone explain how to select multiple files in File Explorer? For example, I want to highlight 3-4 .mp3 files to delete at one time.

I have tried clicking and dragging across the screen, clicking Menu/Edit to find a way to select individuals files, and also using the arrow keys on the keyboard. All attempts unsuccessful.

(Much easier task on the HTC Mogul since it did not have the scrolling screen.)

Thanks!

gpracer1 09-11-2009 10:09 AM

Re: File Explorer - Select Multiple Files

I use the arrow on the keyboard to land on the first file, then hit the caps/shift button and either use the arrow or touch the last file.

rainfreak 09-11-2009 10:13 AM

I use Total Commander...

e.lamberson 09-11-2009 10:13 AM

Change your on screen keyboard from the default full qwerty to keyboard and then you willhave access to the CTL button. Then it's like a desk top. Just click the CTL button which should stay pressed and then you have your ability to select mutliple items. Good luck.

otterit 09-11-2009 10:17 AM

I am searching for something similar to the "hold control key" in GSFinder+.

Tweak_four17 09-11-2009 10:19 AM

additionally you could download the key remapper and remap the "mail" key or the "sms" key to act as a ctrl button instead, the remapper is in several threads on this forum including the tweaks one (near page 39 I think)..

cyclical 09-11-2009 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gpracer1 (Post 1157012)
I use the arrow on the keyboard to land on the first file, then hit the caps/shift button and either use the arrow or touch the last file.

same here...

wooten409 09-11-2009 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tweak_four17 (Post 1157032)
additionally you could download the key remapper and remap the "mail" key or the "sms" key to act as a ctrl button instead, the remapper is in several threads on this forum including the tweaks one (near page 39 I think)..

Its on Pg 40.. post 393 (i think)

otterit 09-11-2009 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gpracer1 (Post 1157012)

That works for files in-a-row, but not when they skip around. :)

otterit 09-11-2009 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by e.lamberson (Post 1157021)
Change your on screen keyboard from the default full qwerty to keyboard and then you willhave access to the CTL button. Then it's like a desk top. Just click the CTL button which should stay pressed and then you have your ability to select mutliple items. Good luck.

That works! Thank you!