PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-06-2009, 03:17 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Alltel Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

AceXMachine knows their stuffAceXMachine knows their stuffAceXMachine knows their stuffAceXMachine knows their stuffAceXMachine knows their stuffAceXMachine knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Verizon Touch Pro 2 - Release Date -

Quote:
Originally Posted by psycho_maniac View Post
no no i understand about the not seeing the 35.mm jack you were too exctied to look. im the same way i use my mp3 player and rarley use my phone

so if it has 256ram can we assume it has the full 288? as the spec sheet says?
http://www.htc.com/uk/product/touchp...ification.html
and look here
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...4&postcount=10
I will have to doublecheck...I was looking for 256 so I may have skimmed over it. To be perfectly honest, I don't see the reason for 288mb. In my mind the next step up is 384mb and I am not gonna cry over 32mb. But I was unaware that the official spec was 288. I will find out.
"There is no such thing as a stupid question" is just as ridiculous as saying "There is no such thing as a stupid answer". This proves there are also "stupid statements". There are probably alot of "stupid ideas" too. And what do all these things have in common? Stupid people.

Remember to say ...Preferrably by clicking the button instead of wasting valuable forum space

Last edited by AceXMachine; 08-06-2009 at 04:13 AM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 08-06-2009, 03:26 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro (VZW)
Carrier: Verizon

Asphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAsphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAsphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAsphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAsphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I believe the GSM version has the headphone jack...the CDMA does not...NOT on the Sprint version so it's not gonna be on the VZW...
Old 08-06-2009, 03:28 AM
Super Senior VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 6p
Carrier: Att StraightTalk

psycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via MSN to psycho_maniac Send a message via Skype™ to psycho_maniac

well the tmo one says 256 also but if you check that other link the rom update utilizes the full 288 so who knows? how much ram did they take out with the tp? wasnt it way over 32mbss?
Old 08-06-2009, 03:29 AM
Super Senior VIP Member

psycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via MSN to psycho_maniac Send a message via Skype™ to psycho_maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by AceXMachine View Post
Just for you
ignore this..this keeps poping up when i click quote

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asphyx View Post
I believe the GSM version has the headphone jack...the CDMA does not...NOT on the Sprint version so it's not gonna be on the VZW...
wtf? gsm does not have the 3.5mm jack
look at these links about the tmobile version which is gsm
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...18&postcount=9
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/attachment...5&d=1249393245
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/attachment...4&d=1249393233

Last edited by psycho_maniac; 08-06-2009 at 03:40 AM.
Old 08-06-2009, 03:34 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint TouchPro on VZW

bmb2n is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
well the tmo one says 256 also but if you check that other link the rom update utilizes the full 288 so who knows? how much ram did they take out with the tp? wasnt it way over 32mbss?
Verizon took out 128MB of RAM on the TP1. Let just hope they don't cripple the TP2 for the life of it. At least they are smart enough to add the 3.5mm head jack to this unit. Here is the video leaking on you tube.

Last edited by bmb2n; 08-06-2009 at 03:37 AM.
Old 08-06-2009, 10:33 AM
Back
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: VZW

redd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the community

thanx acexmachine for the update!
Old 08-06-2009, 11:08 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

helix139 is keeping up the good workhelix139 is keeping up the good workhelix139 is keeping up the good work

Here's the deal on the RAM:

The non-VZW Touch Pros all had 256MB of onboard accessible RAM and 32MB of non-accessible on-chip RAM for a total of 288MB.

The VZW Touch Pro had 128MB of onboard accessible RAM and 64MB of on-chip RAM for a total of 192MB

The TP2 will apparantly have 256+32=288 like the non-VZW Touch Pro
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 08-06-2009, 04:57 PM
Super Senior VIP Member

if this phone comes out before sprint i think vzw knows that this phone will sell. somebody said that sprint was all over the pre? man they need to get there heads out of there ***
Old 08-06-2009, 08:18 PM
Two-Time Mafiosi
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Threadstarter

Kliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via MSN to Kliptik

Quote:
if this phone comes out before sprint i think vzw knows that this phone will sell. somebody said that sprint was all over the pre? man they need to get there heads out of there ***
for sure. although it's sounding like sprint's gonna beat verizon to to punch (if the rumors hold up). sprint will have beat verizon by 2-3 weeks.
Old 08-06-2009, 08:38 PM
Super Senior VIP Member

what rumors you talking about? i havent heard much about the sprint version actually.
actually give me a link because i dont wanna go off topic

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2